Fuji X20 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, thanks. I'll just mark over the X10.

Why not just put an extra 0 on to make people think you have the Fuji X100 :D

I can't remember mine having any markings :thinking:

Any x20 owners able to answer me a quick question ?...am I right in thinking that the eye recognition feature does not work in all shooting modes ..ie it works when set in sr mode but not in p ...any ideas...can't find any answers in the instruction book!

Any x20 owners able to answer me a quick question ?...am I right in thinking that the eye recognition feature does not work in all shooting modes ..ie it works when set in sr mode but not in p ...any ideas...can't find any answers in the instruction book!

Hi Stephen, If you mean does the rear screen go out when bringing the camera up to your eye, then yes it does work in all modes including P. Have just checked on my own X20. Hope this helps.

George.

Thanks for that...my screen does not go out in all settings!..can't seem to fathom out why...will report back if I make any more progress.

Pulled the trigger on an X20 this evening... My much admired X10 now belongs to my daughter so now I've got an impatient 3-5 day wait! :)

Pulled the trigger on an X20 this evening... My much admired X10 now belongs to my daughter so now I've got an impatient 3-5 day wait! :)

Glad to see it stayed in the family. I tried to get my daughter interested in my X10. She used it for a day then gave it me back saying she prefers her iPhone!

Anyway, I took both my cameras to France last week, heres one when the sun eventually came out.....just as it was going down

9048388261_6ed3207bfd_b.jpg

Allan

Thanks for that...my screen does not go out in all settings!..can't seem to fathom out why...will report back if I make any more progress.

Hi Stephen,

Press "Menu OK" >
scroll to "Shooting Menu 4" >
press "Right Arrow", >
scroll to "OVF" (last one on menu) >
press "Right Arrow" >
high light "Eye Sensor >
press "Menu OK" >
press "Disp Back"

This should sort it out for you, Enjoy.(y)

George.

Yup..tried that ..eye sensor is greyed out in some menu sections ..works on sr, sp,c2. But not on the other settings ie m,p,a,adv,c1 !

Yup..tried that ..eye sensor is greyed out in some menu sections ..works on sr, sp,c2. But not on the other settings ie m,p,a,adv,c1 !

Hi, Have you tried putting the camera back to default/factory settings and starting from scratch ?

Tried that..seems to make no difference..looks like there's a gremlin somewhere!

Hi, I don't know what to suggest now, perhaps an email to Fuji Customer Services would help. So sorry I can't help you with this one.:(

Tried that..seems to make no difference..looks like there's a gremlin somewhere!

Stephen - call Customer Services as many on this thread, including me, have found them extremely helpful.

Glad to see it stayed in the family. I tried to get my daughter interested in my X10. She used it for a day then gave it me back saying she prefers her iPhone!

Hi Allan,

Fortunately, my daughter's doing a photography degree so she appreciates the fact that I'd like her to use decent cameras. She uses her phone for 'instagram' stuff which is fine! :)

Are you noticing much of a difference between the X10 and X20?

Cheers,
Si

Is anyone having issues when doing a Panorama with the X20? Everytime I've tried(only indoors) the stitching has been way off, especially over window light and I've tried all settings with different speed sweeps to no avail. I'm almost sure when I tried this outside once when I first got the camera that I also had faint white bands when doing a portrait sweep aswell :thinking:

Are there any reported bugs etc or a tech I need to try?

edit: Sorted it now(I hope).

Last edited:
It's arrived! :woot:

Ordered on Saturday night from DigitalRev and arrived on my doorstep a couple of hours ago! Impressive service! Well done DR and DHL! :)

Battery's already on charge... :D

Stephen White: The eye sensor on the X20 does not work if you have left the camera in a macro mode. Does this help?

Woo hoo!...yes thank you ..that worked! ...macro was switched on in P ....was confusing as in some modes eye recognition worked, and some did not!...the manual is not clear on this one!...once again thanks. Steve.

Well I'm certainly not complaining about this little camera's performance...

I've already posted this elsewhere on here but I figured it was safe here too. :)

I came across the X20 in real life in my local PC World/Currys store (of all places) yesterday & boy does it look good. It looks really really good & even my wife who gets very very very bored with cameras said it looked very impressive. But, in my case, it doesn't have a swivel LCD which is the reason I sold my X10 otherwise very tempting.

Is the lack of a swivel screen going to be a deal breaker? Out of almost 3000 shots I have taken with my X20, there are only one or two occasions where I thought a tilt ( not swivel) screen would have come in handy.
Fuji took note of many peoples comment when they announced the X20, an OVF was one of the things people wanted, me included. I guess not too many people wanted a moveable screen. It certainly wasn't on my list of wants.
Panasonic and Canon ( and others) do swivel screen compacts, have you looked at those?
Allan

I came across the X20 in real life in my local PC World/Currys store (of all places) yesterday & boy does it look good. It looks really really good & even my wife who gets very very very bored with cameras said it looked very impressive. But, in my case, it doesn't have a swivel LCD which is the reason I sold my X10 otherwise very tempting.

Did they let you try it with a battery in and check it out properly?

Is the lack of a swivel screen going to be a deal breaker?

For Daydreamer, quite possibly! If you look deep into the X10 thread, you'll see that he isn't as mobile as some of us and takes many of his photos from a wheelchair.

In other news, John, your old X10 is still going great guns! (y)

Is the lack of a swivel screen going to be a deal breaker? Out of almost 3000 shots I have taken with my X20, there are only one or two occasions where I thought a tilt ( not swivel) screen would have come in handy.
Fuji took note of many peoples comment when they announced the X20, an OVF was one of the things people wanted, me included. I guess not too many people wanted a moveable screen. It certainly wasn't on my list of wants.
Panasonic and Canon ( and others) do swivel screen compacts, have you looked at those?
Allan

Hi Allan Yes in my case it is a deal breaker but only because of my personal circumstances as I am wheelchair bound, outside of the house, & my current Nikon P7700 has a fully articulating screen. It does get used a lot for the (never ending) flower shots or low level shots we all often take.

For Daydreamer, quite possibly! If you look deep into the X10 thread, you'll see that he isn't as mobile as some of us and takes many of his photos from a wheelchair.

In other news, John, your old X10 is still going great guns! (y)

Hi Jonathan :wave: good to hear from you & I just posted a reply to Allan before I saw your post. I still look at the X10 & X20 threads as they are not as full of the nerdy 'pixel peepers' as some of the others :LOL:

I'm seeing your associate from Exeter next Tuesday & I do hope he behaves which is hard for him to do :clap:

Did they let you try it with a battery in and check it out properly?

It was a 'flying trip' to get a new scanner as I needed one urgently. On the way out of the shop I stopped (as I always do) to have a quick glance at the cameras & couldn't believe them having an X20, inside a glass cabinet, but sadly I really couldn't hang about a moment longer but another day.

I'm seeing your associate from Exeter next Tuesday & I do hope he behaves which is hard for him to do :clap:

:wave: You think you've got problems? He's apparently coming to stay with us the following Friday ... I hope he brings a shirt at least! :puke:

Enjoy Tuesday! Whatever you do, don't let him look at a parking meter and tell you that you don't need to pay; the restrictions don't apply now! :shake: :bang: :LOL:

... and now back to the world of the Fujifilm X20 ;)

Hi Allan Yes in my case it is a deal breaker but only because of my personal circumstances as I am wheelchair bound, outside of the house, & my current Nikon P7700 has a fully articulating screen. It does get used a lot for the (never ending) flower shots or low level shots we all often take.

Sorry John, I have been out of the X10 thread so long, I forgot it was you. Maybe, if you want to keep with the X range, have a look at a Fuji X-M1?
From what I gather, it has a tilt screen and wifi. Not the swivel screen you mentioned but it would allow you use it at both high and low levels and has most of the X family features.

Allan

Sorry John, I have been out of the X10 thread so long, I forgot it was you. Maybe, if you want to keep with the X range, have a look at a Fuji X-M1?
From what I gather, it has a tilt screen and wifi. Not the swivel screen you mentioned but it would allow you use it at both high and low levels and has most of the X family features.

Allan

Hi Allan thanks for the suggestion but I will never be happy with any camera I own as I am not really able to do, which is what I used to, which is wandering around, back & forth, left & right taking random shots of anything & everything but mainly buildings & countryside. My current camera is the Nikon P7700 (with fully articulating LCD but no VF) & it takes decent shots but is a bit ugly compared with the X10 & X20. So I tend to spend a lot of time fiddling in PP as I can sit comfortably for extended periods doing it.

:wave: You think you've got problems? He's apparently coming to stay with us the following Friday ... I hope he brings a shirt at least! :puke:

Enjoy Tuesday! Whatever you do, don't let him look at a parking meter and tell you that you don't need to pay; the restrictions don't apply now! :shake: :bang: :LOL:

Jon, I promise to bring a shirt. If you're very lucky, I'll bring pants and trousers too... By my reckoning, you have just over 10 days to get a meter installed in your drive :p.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well what can I say but yes back to the X20 (y)

Tried this out today... Very nice. I have a x100S on order but might get when of these when the price drops / secondhand :) it's nice...... Wanted to run some frames onto a card to try at home but after the long winded experience doing that with a xe-1 and 18mm, I didn't wanna lose even more time.

just bought an x20 today and for the life of me cant find an image preview option,
at the minute when I take a shot I have to press the play button the view it.....is there no image preview on this camera?

Yes there is. Blue menu number 2. "Screen setup" you will find the options there under "image display"
Have fun with the camera
Allan

Yes there is. Blue menu number 2. "Screen setup" you will find the options there under "image display"
Have fun with the camera
Allan

Thanks
If I'm on the correct one it gives me options for 1/2 sec or 1 1/2 secs preview times but when I select them it still doesn't work ..... Just a blank screen after each shot I take ?

I would try a full reset of the camera just in case it's been messed up and options changed. If that doesn't work, you nah be looking at a faulty camera
Allan

Oopps

Last edited:
I would try a full reset of the camera just in case it's been messed up and options changed. If that doesn't work, you nah be looking at a faulty camera
Allan

Thank I will try that, I was thinking I have the camera set to power saving mode and was wondering if that's anything do do with it.
I have the battery on charge AGAIN so will have to wait an hour it so to check it

Thank I will try that, I was thinking I have the camera set to power saving mode and was wondering if that's anything do do with it.
I have the battery on charge AGAIN so will have to wait an hour it so to check it

I think you have the camera set up to OVF only (menu 4). Enable the LCD/Eye sensor and it should display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back