Fuji X70 Owners Thread

Looks likely
Sorry it was me then I asked him a question about warranty etc. Then ended up getting the camera and the WCL for £395 as he had advertised on fuji x forum as well and upped the price on eBay to include ebay charges.

Sorry it was me then I asked him a question about warranty etc. Then ended up getting the camera and the WCL for £395 as he had advertised on fuji x forum as well and upped the price on eBay to include ebay charges.

Don't apologise. You saved me some money! Looks like a great deal though. Good work.

I was actually ordering one anyway today that I had seen from ffordes at £379. Was going to point it out to you but it's gone.

I sold mine on eBay a few months ago and after fees came out with less than £300.

I was actually ordering one anyway today that I had seen from ffordes at £379. Was going to point it out to you but it's gone.

I sold mine on eBay a few months ago and after fees came out with less than £300.

How do you find the X70 compares with your recent LX100? I am interested as I am considering a small 'walkabout' camera and both are on the list.

Cheers

Both are good cameras. The LX100 has great controls with a micro 4/3 sensor although it doesn't use all of the sensor. If you are looking for an all in one zoom then the panasonic is an excellent choice. If you are looking for image quality then the fuji wins hands down but obviously it's a fixed lens so zooming with your feet or use the built in teleconvertor for 35mm and 50mm crop. The x70 is also smaller and may just fit in a trouser pocket but will fit in a coat pocket were you need a small bag with the Panasonic.

Both are good cameras. The LX100 has great controls with a micro 4/3 sensor although it doesn't use all of the sensor. If you are looking for an all in one zoom then the panasonic is an excellent choice. If you are looking for image quality then the fuji wins hands down but obviously it's a fixed lens so zooming with your feet or use the built in teleconvertor for 35mm and 50mm crop. The x70 is also smaller and may just fit in a trouser pocket but will fit in a coat pocket were you need a small bag with the Panasonic.

So can you really see a difference in IQ between the two?

I haven't done a side by side comparison but to me the fuji photos are a lot sharper and shooting in raw the highlights and shadows are easier to recover.

I haven't done a side by side comparison but to me the fuji photos are a lot sharper and shooting in raw the highlights and shadows are easier to recover.

I would generally be sticking with JPEGs so is there a big difference there? I know that Fuji colours are just lovely but have never tried a Panasonic

The outcome of the video was quite surprising for me, especially that Canon and Nikon were rated best in this test. JPGs of my D90 where not bad in terms of colour, but noise reduction was terrible and white balance was off very often. Maybe Nikon improved here...

With the Fuji JPGs I am very happy most of the time, often I just edit the RAWs in camera and do small changes on those later on PC. Here are two examples out of the X70:

37_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

39_hamburg_2016
by madSec, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, I'm sure you'll love it. I bought the Fuji half case for mine last week ,not sure If I'll keep it or not.

https://SPAM/@iminphotos/the-best-fujifilm-camera-on-the-market-654293e47fa4#.mznlq21mc

I seem to remember a very similar image taken by you with your X100 in the rain - how does this image with your X70 compare. From what I can remember, the X100 image was better ???

I don't have the x100 anymore is everything went to buy the xt2 and 16-55. However if you are comparing to the shot below, the one below will be better as I shot that in raw then processed in Lightroom. The one above with the x70 was a JPEG SOOC then just cropped a bit with a border adding and nothing else.

The x70 has the same sensor as the x100t but obviously not the f2 23mm lens lens. It's all about compromise and for me it's having a camera on me all the time that fits in my jacket pocket. With the x70 having an 18.5 lens it suits me better as I can take it on dog walks in my pocket and were I go is mainly landscapes so the wider view suits me better. I also have the 14mm converter which I haven't used yet, so gives me something wider than my 16-55 and cheaper than the 14mm.

Compared to the x100T they are different cameras and I really loved the x100 for the f2 lens, viewfinder, built in nd filter but the X70 suits my needs better.IMG_1480151075.562166.jpg

I don't have the x100 anymore is everything went to buy the xt2 and 16-55. However if you are comparing to the shot below, the one below will be better as I shot that in raw then processed in Lightroom. The one above with the x70 was a JPEG SOOC then just cropped a bit with a border adding and nothing else.

The x70 has the same sensor as the x100t but obviously not the f2 23mm lens lens. It's all about compromise and for me it's having a camera on me all the time that fits in my jacket pocket. With the x70 having an 18.5 lens it suits me better as I can take it on dog walks in my pocket and were I go is mainly landscapes so the wider view suits me better. I also have the 14mm converter which I haven't used yet, so gives me something wider than my 16-55 and cheaper than the 14mm.

Compared to the x100T they are different cameras and I really loved the x100 for the f2 lens, viewfinder, built in nd filter but the X70 suits my needs better.View attachment 90712

Yes, there's quite a bit of difference between the two - I just love the X100 version though. The X70 image seems to have a fair degree of distortion at the edges - that barge doesn't move alot does it??

Yes, there's quite a bit of difference between the two - I just love the X100 version though. The X70 image seems to have a fair degree of distortion at the edges - that barge doesn't move alot does it??
Not that day it didn't but I was leaned out of a window holding the window with my other hand!!

A few shots I took this morning while out walking the dogs, I'm loving this little camera, normally I'd have missed these, but the X70 just sits in my pocket whenever I'm out.

DSCF0430 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0423 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0415 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0395 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0402 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0406 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0384 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr
Great set that Jim. I've been out this morning with the dog and the X70 and it was a really hard frost. Shot in raw this time mostly, apart from when the dog was after friggin squirrels and I just switched to auto!!

Saw this on mpb today, described as "like new"

Not how I'd describe it ?

Last edited:
Certainly not as "like new" as the silver "like new" they have

mind you unless its just the pic, the silver one had some marks as well, just less than above

Saw this on mpb today, described as "like new"

Not how I'd describe it ?

Yes, I've seen a few like this on their website - it doesn't give me any confidence to buy from them. However, if you look on LCE's website, the photos there show no detail at all and their descriptions seem to vary widely - bit of a minefield really.

I am disappointed with MPB though - I thought that they would have had more 'offers' on Black Friday but the only Fuji reduced was a scruffy XT-10 and the reduction was a mere 10%. I was going to buy something and waited to Friday but was so miffed that I decided to keep my money.

Lovely, Jim. I can't decide if I like the first or last best ;)
lol The last one was supposed to be a different one, tried to edit it but the birthday beer has scrambled my brain :beer:

Back