Fuji X70 Owners Thread

Just sold my surplus X-T1 so looking to add one of these to my X-Pro2 & X100t for everyday use.

Some great images here, anything worth knowing before I push the button on one?

@addicknchips You decide to keep your x70 ?

Yes Jim. It's so pocketable and good that I'm probably going to sell the 10-24 instead. I've not taken it out the house since I bought it off here a few weeks ago. This x-70 is so good to use for landscape too. I've got a 3 & 5 stop Nd filters too.

Yes Jim. It's so pocketable and good that I'm probably going to sell the 10-24 instead. I've not taken it out the house since I bought it off here a few weeks ago. This x-70 is so good to use for landscape too. I've got a 3 & 5 stop Nd filters too.
I regretted selling mine like you say it's so pocketable and ideal for dog walks for me. It's probably getting used at the minute more than my xt2. It's now discontinued as well so worth keeping hold of.

I've been considering one of these as a pocket camera instead of the X-E2 and as a second to my X-T2 but I read it's discontinued. Is there a replacement in the pipeline?

I've been considering one of these as a pocket camera instead of the X-E2 and as a second to my X-T2 but I read it's discontinued. Is there a replacement in the pipeline?
Not sure it may be something to do with Sony no longer producing the 16mp x trans sensor.

Is there a way, as there is with many other Fuji X cameras, of renaming the prefix of a file? I've looked in the manual and in the menus but can't just spot it.

EDIT ignore me, I've found it!

Last edited:
Some more great images on here. Unfortunately I've now sold mine and bought an X100T instead. As most of my photography these days tends to be out with the dog then I always have a small bag with me anyway. I will miss it though.

How's the X70 for family photos? Does the 28mm distort a lot? How is it indoors w lowlight? With it being similar FOV to mobile phones was thinking it's a wife friendly camera. Decent sensor and small.

On a personal level I am more interested in the X100 range but the T and F are a lot pricier.

Depending on what form it takes - I was reading on DPR about various 1" vs APS-C / x40 vs x80 possibilities for this camera...if it happens of course..

Anyone using the Fuji viewfinder for the X70? Wondering if it's worth the investment or if there's other options to consider.

Anyone using the Fuji viewfinder for the X70? Wondering if it's worth the investment or if there's other options to consider.

haven't used one but its discounted to half price now £75 - as is wide angle convertor lens.

my team volunteered to today working in the brixton soup kitchen. i was asked to take some photos throughout the day. we spent the day organising the clothes donation room, cooking, serving food and rattling buckets. i took my a7rii and sigma 35mm - as well as my trusty x70.

took this shot just outside brixton tube station. we had been asked to do some bucket chugging. it didn't go well. many of the locals not feeling the community spirit lets say.

chuggers by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

That's a cracker mate. Great processing.

thanks David.

just got the black x70 from the refurb store yesterday. the good people of fuji had failed to put a battery in the box. luckily i had a spare at home. i did previously have the silver version but really prefer the black one (which is odd as i prefer the silver x100's over the black..).

Just snagged me @addicknchips X70. Any tips for a slimline case/pouch which doesn't impair pocketability?
I picked up a used, but excellent condition Fuji half case from Castle cameras for around £25 iirc, it's great, gives a little more grip to the camera without a lot of bulk.

Yes, I've seen a few like this on their website - it doesn't give me any confidence to buy from them. However, if you look on LCE's website, the photos there show no detail at all and their descriptions seem to vary widely - bit of a minefield really.

I am disappointed with MPB though - I thought that they would have had more 'offers' on Black Friday but the only Fuji reduced was a scruffy XT-10 and the reduction was a mere 10%. I was going to buy something and waited to Friday but was so miffed that I decided to keep my money.
Hi all, new to TP - I've been on the serious compacts & Fujxspot sites for a few years. I'd echo that experience with MPB. I bought an X100 from them a couple of years back, and it was very badly scratched, nothing like the photos. Whereas the one I then bought from CameraJungle was absolutely mint and matched the photos.

A few shots I took in Lanzarote last week

December dusk in Lanzarote by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

Untitled by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

Very jealous! I spent a great month in Lanzarote winter 2015/16, would go back like a shot but we have a dog now... Anyway I love the December Dusk photo, lovely colours and composition. The second is my fave of the two.. I must say the X70 is starting to appeal to me and may replace the LX100.

Last edited:

Hi. Quick question which filters are you using. I have just got my X70 and the WCL for landscape only and pairing it with my F

I have got one it's very bright and useful in bright light. It also looks cool. The only downside is that you can't turn off the screen when you attach it.

Back