Fuji xc 35mm

Edit My Images
No
Good evening,

I've recently switched to a fuji camera which came with the xc 15-45mm lens. I'd like to add a prime lens to my kit and the one I have my eye on is the xc 35mm. It's currently at £170 new, I haven't seen any used but it hasn't been around long. My question is; is it likely to drop price any time soon or do lenses generally stay at the same price for a while after release?

cheers.

I doubt it will drop as it's already a bargain price, but what do I know.
I have one and it's very good for the price, very small and light, good optics.

Might be worth waiting to see what they have in the refurb shop when it's back up to speed.

Yea, check out the XF27mm f/2.8, a great pancake sized lens..! E-Infinity have them new for £169. I've had my XF27 lens for a while now and love it, so compact/stealth like. Here's a photo taken with one from my library;

Structure by APM - Photography, on Flickr

mac

£130 the silver one on there! and £170 in black, Both out of stock

Yes, I have the 27mm and it lives on my XE-2 , It is very good value and given the price I could not see ( apart from 1 stop) the benefits of the XC .

Yes, I have the 27mm and it lives on my XE-2 , It is very good value and given the price I could not see ( apart from 1 stop) the benefits of the XC .
And, the 27 is about half the XC35's size (maybe thinner). Beneficial alright size wise and stealth/discreet shooting.

Everything I've read says the XC35 is optically as good as the XF35, it's just a bit more plastic feeling and doesn't have the aperture ring.
I don't have the pancake, but the XF35 basically lives on my X-T3. (I do use my other lenses, but generally they go on the back-up camera).

do you have any example low light snaps?

All 3 from an X-H1 with the 27mm pancake.
First two in a not very well lit exhibition hall (Bath & West Showground main hall), last outdoors on an overcast early February afternoon. Extreme ISO was my fault - had been playing with settings and forgot to knock it back to a more normal value!

ISO 25,600, 1/7000, f/2.8
DSCF0015P.JPG

ISO 400, 1/34, f/3.2
DSCF0035P.JPG

ISO 400, 1/1300, f/3.2
DSCF0040P.JPG

The 27mm is a very sharp lens indeed, I just didn't like it for the small size, never really a big fan of pancake style lenses, it's also pretty noisey. I would buy the XC35 instead nowadays, the difference in width isn't all that much

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of any primes but the 27mm's low profile attracted me to it as a single lens option for the show I took it to and others. As can be seen from the 2 indoor shots, it wasn't quite wide enough but it did (just!) slip into my jacket pocket. I wish I'd taken the Sony RX100 III instead. BUT the X-H is far better at silly high ISO values than the Sony. BUT the Sony has a flash. And fits in a shirt pocket!

Back on topic now!

That
Good evening,

I've recently switched to a fuji camera which came with the xc 15-45mm lens. I'd like to add a prime lens to my kit and the one I have my eye on is the xc 35mm. It's currently at £170 new, I haven't seen any used but it hasn't been around long. My question is; is it likely to drop price any time soon or do lenses generally stay at the same price for a while after release?

cheers.
looks to be a excellent price for the XC 35mm have just done a search and couldn't match that price ?

Couldn't get on with the 27mm, strange focal length, always seemed to want longer or wider.

That

looks to be a excellent price for the XC 35mm have just done a search and couldn't match that price ?

It's at 170 on Amazon, and I saw Carmathen cameras ebay page had it the same price. It could be the XF as opposed to XC you found? I think that's £300/350?

It's at 170 on Amazon, and I saw Carmathen cameras ebay page had it the same price. It could be the XF as opposed to XC you found? I think that's £300/350?
No I was looking for the XC as that was the lens you mentioned I was just looking to see if I could find a new one cheaper for you !
I was rather surprised to see how much prices have risen of late.

No I was looking for the XC as that was the lens you mentioned I was just looking to see if I could find a new one cheaper for you !
I was rather surprised to see how much prices have risen of late.

ah fair enough :D fujifilm store have it refurbished at 140 but their site is currently down.

Back