• Fuji XF 35 f/2 WR

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all!

Just putting this out there since I'm off to Australia on Wednesday morning and want to go pick up one of the above lenses.

I can get the 1.4 for £270 and the f2 for £310.

Is the newer technology (faster autofocus, smaller package and silent motor) worth the extra £40 over one of the best Fuji primes available?

Would you rather have the faster lens with 1.4 over its weather sealed, younger sibling?

I'll be taking my X-T1 with 18-55 and Samyang 12mm f/2 on the trip, but I want one of the aforementioned lenses just for the days when I want a point and shoot setup.

Thanks all in advance,

Ryan

Personally, I would save the £300 or so and use the zoom instead. If you're set on getting a 35 prime though, I think that for an Australia trip I would probably go for the dustproofing that the WR option would give unless the extra stop is more important to you. The smaller size of the slower lens could be handy in a P&S too.

Due to the exchange rate you may find them cheaper over there.

I have both lenses, and though the 1.4 has the advantage in low light, the f2 is slightly lighter, more compact, faster and quieter to focus, and has weather protection. So the f2 is my choice.

Back