Fuji XT2 cracked screen

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Wife managed to knock camera onto floor which resulted in crack to the edge of the screen, any any idea how much to get fixed?

Thanks

Well I've just gone onto that webpage. I put in the details of my X-T2 and said it had a cracked screen. I was immediately given a fixed price quote for the repair.

Looks like my Google doesn't have a filter for millenial snowflakes.

How much was the quote? Find out for yourself.

Well I've just gone onto that webpage. I put in the details of my X-T2 and said it had a cracked screen. I was immediately given a fixed price quote for the repair.

Looks like my Google doesn't have a filter for millenial snowflakes.

How much was the quote? Find out for yourself.

Now I remember why I don't post here much, such a friendly bunch!

Now I remember why I don't post here much, such a friendly bunch!
I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll be very friendly.
Send me your X-T2. I'll pay postage. I will send you my T2 at my expense. I will then send your T2 off to Fuji for repair. I will pay for you. When it comes back I will return it to you and arrange a courier to collect my camera. No expense to you at all and you don' have to do anything.
Everything done for you.
If packing up the camera is far too much trouble for you then I will drive over to you to pick up and then return your camera.
How's that? Everything done for you and you don't have to lift a finger.

That's got to be very friendly. Anything for an MS.

I don't know if there is something special about Fuji screens (is the XT2 touch-screen??) but I managed to scratch a Canon 5D screen. Bought the replacement part from a repair place - Fixation maybe - for a decent price and did the replacement myself. I am completely incompetent at things like this so given I managed to do it, it cannot be too hard. The screen at the back is just a cover for the display panel that lies underneath, on a Canon at least.

A video much like this helped me:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBXkqvayqc

Last edited:
@ianmarsh

The Fuji back screens are completely different than the Canon ones. They swivel and tip and have the whole screen electronics built in. I did my 5D2 screen hut would entrust Fuji with a screen on my XT-2's

@ianmarsh

The Fuji back screens are completely different than the Canon ones. They swivel and tip and have the whole screen electronics built in. I did my 5D2 screen hut would entrust Fuji with a screen on my XT-2's

But I still guess the crack is in the screen cover, just as on a Canon, rather than in the lcd display itself. It might be more fiddly if the screen tilts, of course.

To be honest, I only DIYed my Canon as it was old and knackered. You are right to suggest a professional job on a newer camera

Last edited:
Can't see any DIY guides online for this so I would guess it's less simple than the Canon. May just be because most X-T2's are still under warranty I suppose so no brave internet heroes have given it a go as yet. Either way, I think I'd be sending it off.

I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll be very friendly.
Send me your X-T2. I'll pay postage. I will send you my T2 at my expense. I will then send your T2 off to Fuji for repair. I will pay for you. When it comes back I will return it to you and arrange a courier to collect my camera. No expense to you at all and you don' have to do anything.
Everything done for you.
If packing up the camera is far too much trouble for you then I will drive over to you to pick up and then return your camera.
How's that? Everything done for you and you don't have to lift a finger.

That's got to be very friendly. Anything for an MS.

No need, give it a rest!

Try and find one for the XT-1 it's basically the same.

Unlike the Canon ones where theres a gap between the touchscreen and the cover glass the XT's have a system similar to phones where the two have a minute gap. You risk smashing the digitiser screen taking it apart. I would imagine Fuji just replace it as a unit which would mean partial disassembly of the body.

Try and find one for the XT-1 it's basically the same.

Unlike the Canon ones where theres a gap between the touchscreen and the cover glass the XT's have a system similar to phones where the two have a minute gap. You risk smashing the digitiser screen taking it apart. I would imagine Fuji just replace it as a unit which would mean partial disassembly of the body.

seems likely from this: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4077148

Fuji service is excellent, by the way. You can pay a few quid more and they will turn it around in 2-3 days.

I've had a few repairs done with them before, and the final cost has always been the same as the quote i.e. they are fixed costs for each model. For £100 they replaced the entire insides of my wife's old X-M1 :D

Back