Fujifilm X-H1

Up until the late 60's i shot mostly in black and white it was the way I saw things.
Today that is far from the way I see, so any help I can get from the camera in the viewfinder is welcome.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of one of the many old boats and things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind.
In the lower right of the snap you can see one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/480th @ F9, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (21) (Dungeness)-03276 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Very atmospheric...

Well Fuji UK came up trumps and sent me a terminal cover completely FOC :D

Nipped out to West Burton falls this morning. This was the last shot before the dog got fed up. Probably a bit to smooth a watery effect for my and @G.K.Jnr. tastes, but there you are. Composite of 5 shots merged in Lightroom.

West Burton Falls by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed with a good full range of punchy mono tones, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.
Thank you, George. As you well know, I prefer my water slightly spritely.

I don’t know if it’s a setting I haven’t made, but the spirit level on the X-H1 shows all the time on the evf, but on the lcd only as the focus is being turned. The second you stop turning so the line, and indeed all information, disappears. It is checked as “on” for both displays. Any suggestions?

I don’t know if it’s a setting I haven’t made, but the spirit level on the X-H1 shows all the time on the evf, but on the lcd only as the focus is being turned. The second you stop turning so the line, and indeed all information, disappears. It is checked as “on” for both displays. Any suggestions?
Sorted it! Had a "wrong" setting on the DISP button. :banghead:

She certainly did, probably the friendliest and most engaging of all the models too.

I thought the Rotolight Neo II worked really well on her, in fact it worked damn well on everyone, great piece of kit imo.

Yeap - you sure did make a good assistant :)

#bringthelight

Yeap - you sure did make a good assistant :)

#bringthelight
Thank you sir, not sure a certain well known lady photographer would agree, she looked like she wanted to stick my Rotolight where the sun don't shine :D:D

Thank you sir, not sure a certain well known lady photographer would agree, she looked like she wanted to stick my Rotolight where the sun don't shine :D:D

She had that same look of frustration on her face that I imagine I did when my battery went flat after 20 mins.

The light was low with different colours in each room. Some guys had flash, others LEDS and some sticking with ambient. It was challenging but good fun all the same.

She had that same look of frustration on her face that I imagine I did when my battery went flat after 20 mins.

The light was low with different colours in each room. Some guys had flash, others LEDS and some sticking with ambient. It was challenging but good fun all the same.
I wasn't going to mention your #Sony battery lasting a fraction of the time my #Fuji did :D

Well since I've had the X-H1 (a couple of weeks now), I've been testing the used 18-55 lens I purchased it with (from WEX), and I have to admit to being quite disappointed after all the hype I've read on here. I think I got a bad copy as whilst it's quite sharp at 18 mm (even from wide open), at 40-55 mm it's very soft on the right hand side. Even stopping down to F11 doesn't really bring it back to anywhere as good as the centre or left side. I've therefore contacted WEX to see if this can be returned.

In the meantime, I was looking around for a replacement last night, and dropped onto Park Cameras site and found a mint 16-55 F2.8 (albeit without box) for £569 which I thought was pretty good, but even better when I noticed they had a 10% off voucher for all used products. So I've therefore bagged it for £512 (which if it's as good as the description and as good a lens as people make out), could make it a real bargain. I know it will be much larger and heavier than the little 18-55, but when I ran a Pro Nikon DX set up some years ago, I mainly used the Nikon 17-55 F2.8 (that was 755 g) and even now with my Micro Four Thirds kit, with my EM1 MK II or Panasonic G9, I tend to use the Olympus 12-100 F4 (that weighs 561 g), so the 16-55 F2.8 weighs 655g which splits the two, so I'm hoping on the slightly larger X-H1 it won't feel too big ?

@Sootchucker

I’ve got the 16-55. On my ungripped H1 it feels a little front heavy when first fitted. It’s a great lens though.
Hasn’t made me consider buying a grip.

Well since I've had the X-H1 (a couple of weeks now), I've been testing the used 18-55 lens I purchased it with (from WEX), and I have to admit to being quite disappointed after all the hype I've read on here. I think I got a bad copy as whilst it's quite sharp at 18 mm (even from wide open), at 40-55 mm it's very soft on the right hand side. Even stopping down to F11 doesn't really bring it back to anywhere as good as the centre or left side. I've therefore contacted WEX to see if this can be returned.

In the meantime, I was looking around for a replacement last night, and dropped onto Park Cameras site and found a mint 16-55 F2.8 (albeit without box) for £569 which I thought was pretty good, but even better when I noticed they had a 10% off voucher for all used products. So I've therefore bagged it for £512 (which if it's as good as the description and as good a lens as people make out), could make it a real bargain. I know it will be much larger and heavier than the little 18-55, but when I ran a Pro Nikon DX set up some years ago, I mainly used the Nikon 17-55 F2.8 (that was 755 g) and even now with my Micro Four Thirds kit, with my EM1 MK II or Panasonic G9, I tend to use the Olympus 12-100 F4 (that weighs 561 g), so the 16-55 F2.8 weighs 655g which splits the two, so I'm hoping on the slightly larger X-H1 it won't feel too big ?
According to a lot of reports there are certainly some copies that are much sharper than others. I had one brand new that I sold on from a kit a couple of years ago and it was very sharp, hopefully you will get a decent replacement.

You can't go wrong with the 16-55, it's fantastic and that was a bargain.

That's a good deal! Mine comes today, but I've paid a bit more than that. Admittedly mine is described as mint and boxed. (boxes are important to me, saddo that I am)

Thanks Chaps. I'll let you know how I go on with it when it arrives.

I have had my 16-55 for getting on for two years now and used it with my X-T1 until a couple of months ago when I bought my X-H1. Shortly after buying the X-H1 I posted on here that I thought that the combination of the two was a marriage made in heaven, I still think so and I don't think I'll be changing my mind anytime soon.

I have had my 16-55 for getting on for two years now and used it with my X-T1 until a couple of months ago when I bought my X-H1. Shortly after buying the X-H1 I posted on here that I thought that the combination of the two was a marriage made in heaven, I still think so and I don't think I'll be changing my mind anytime soon.
Mine has just arrived. The first copy of this lens I did not like as it didn't sit well on my X-Pro2, so I sent it back. First impressions of this one on the X-H1 are that, indeed, it is a good marriage. Still makes a heavy combination, but it balances well and without trying I've taken a sharp photo of the clock on the wall (don't have a cat, and the Jack Russell is too unpredictable) at 1/15 second when racked out to 55mm.

Back