Fujifilm X-H1

Skin is waterproof, get out there!

Ha, I actually would as I've been in the mood for it lately, sadly my back is acing up again and the drop in temp that comes with the rain really aggravates this. BUT ... we are supposed to have a heat-wave this week ... believe it when I see it

Well it has just gone on my X-H1 and love how they both go together.

Really is a lovely combination. I was able to get some sharp images at 1/3rd sec at 16mm when testing, this was leaning against a wall but I think 1/8 should be very doable even free standing.

Last edited:
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of a discarded & dilapidated boat/hull that is just one of the many things that are scattered about the beach that have just been left behind to rot. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rot & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/220th @ F8, ISO=200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (28) (Dungeness)-03308 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

That`s a great b&w George, love the tones and great texture in it.

That`s a great b&w George, love the tones and great texture in it.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Really is a lovely combination. I was able to get some sharp images at 1/3rd sec at 16mm when testing, this was leaning against a wall but I think 1/8 should be very doable even free standing.

The great thing too is, it fits in the same bag that I use daily too.

The great thing too is, it fits in the same bag that I use daily too.

Mine didn't fit in the smaller bag I used most, then I turned the hood around ... D'oh! :D fits just nicely, can squeeze my Canon 55-250 in along side, set for most outings. If I need flash I'll have to use a bigger bag - if I planned to do macro as I use that lens with a Raynox for that purpose. With a prime I was able to get the flash in there too, maybe it's time for another bag? :D Atm the ones I have are either a tad small, or way too big.

I have now got the focal lengths in my lenses that I will need. My mate has my 56mm and 50mm as he bought them both and when I need too he will lend me the 56mm back if I want. So the money he gave me for them got me the XF16-55mm and the RX100 III.

I'm trying to make my kit as simple as possible, got rid of 3 primes recently and took a punt on the 16-55, see how I get on. I have the Canon adapter options on side that I can take advantage of anytime, but for now all I need is a general purpose lens, something that does macro and a tele option.

Couple of images from the 16-55

Change Gears by K G, on Flickr

Time by K G, on Flickr

Thanks Bond6, If you can provide proof, I'm willing to go to £135 plus post..

Ben
Looking at pulling the trigger on an XP2, but I see that there’s speculation that an XP3 is likely to appear around October.

I’m not so worried about getting the latest and greatest. It’s more about not paying over the odds for an XP2 if prices are going to take a tumble later this year.

I see Fuji Refurb store is doing XP2 at £949.

Just can’t make up my mind whether to pull the trigger now or wait until the autumn.
I'm trying to make my kit as simple as possible, got rid of 3 primes recently and took a punt on the 16-55, see how I get on. I have the Canon adapter options on side that I can take advantage of anytime, but for now all I need is a general purpose lens, something that does macro and a tele option.

Time by K G, on Flickr
Been there l, done that. I sold most of my primes and went for zooms, I’ve since re-bought most of my primes. From this point on I’ll only be selling bodies

Time by K G, on Flickr

Two very nice Fujigraphs, with a liking especially for #2.

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a couple sitting on some steps in front of a Romeo And Juliet poster. I kinda thought it all blended together nicely.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1250th @ F4.5, ISO-200, Handheld.
Romeo And Juliet-03310 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Been there l, done that. I sold most of my primes and went for zooms, I’ve since re-bought most of my primes. From this point on I’ll only be selling bodies

I felt there was a method to my madness this time, the 16-55 will allow me time to see exactly what primes I might prefer, as I was really just guesstimating - been a while since I shot APSC. Never tried a 16mm, 18mm or 23mm and wasn't about to buy one of each to find which I'd prefer :D I will probably go primes again - zooms are always a bit more of a feeling out process for me. I almost always end up selling them to get some primes. Vicious circle.

Two very nice Fujigraphs, with a liking especially for #2.

George.

Cheers George :)

You H1 owners are sleeping, the Xpro thread is kicking us down :D

One from yesterday that I liked more for the aesthetic than detail

Canon 55-250 STM lumped on to the X-H1

Mothing else matters by K G, on Flickr

Very nice shot, well caught with some good contre-jour light.

George.

Posted by mistake. :banghead:

Last edited:
You H1 owners are sleeping, the Xpro thread is kicking us down

"SORRY" we're pretty damned busy here in TN at the moment with our cotton harvesting. Each morning's about a 2am start and then we keep harvesting until around midday and then just pass out. :):):)

George.

"SORRY" we're pretty damned busy here in TN at the moment with our cotton harvesting. Each morning's about a 2am start and then we keep harvesting until around midday and then just pass out. :):):)

George.

2am, wow, now that is an early start!

its probably too heavy to drag out in this hot weather.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ha, that is a bit of it maybe, but you get a free physical work out plus sunshine! :p

And a
2am, wow, now that is an early start!

Ha, that is a bit of it maybe, but you get a free physical work out plus sunshine! :p
And all the cotton you can eat !:rolleyes:

Question?
Has anyone any experience of adapting 300m or 400mm primes to an X-H1. I'm afraid £5K plus for the Fuji 200mm prime is out of my league!
Obviously it will be manual focus, but the stabilisation of the X-H1 is a bonus. How effective is focus peaking at those sort of focal lengths?
I would welcome any experiences or observations.

Question?
Has anyone any experience of adapting 300m or 400mm primes to an X-H1. I'm afraid £5K plus for the Fuji 200mm prime is out of my league!
Obviously it will be manual focus, but the stabilisation of the X-H1 is a bonus. How effective is focus peaking at those sort of focal lengths?
I would welcome any experiences or observations.

Doesn’t have to manual focus if you use a Fringer or equivalent adapter

A couple from a day at the races - Paddy Casey was performing, pretty good - suited the sunny after noon, only had one winner out of 5 but hey .... got us out the house for the day.

Both of these were using the X-H1 and a Canon 55-250

DSCF1660 by K G, on Flickr

DSCF1497 by K G, on Flickr

I did actually take a few racing shots but none were really good, there was no way to get around that fence in the foreground so I just took what I could. This is however the one winner I had! Maricruz - had a tenner on her at 8/1, paid for a few beers at least

DSCF1491 by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
:tumbleweed:

A few people shots from the races other day

Happy punters by K G, on Flickr

Angry Bird by K G, on Flickr

Rowdy revelers by K G, on Flickr

Completely fluffed this one up, had been shooting the horses at 1/200 so when I aimed at this guy in much dimmer light the camera decided ISO 5000 ... it was over-exposed too, and I mucked up focus, oh well it amused me all the same

DSCF1481 by K G, on Flickr

Nice set Keith, I do like the angry bird one, that makes the picture for me, a great spot. Looks like the canon lens is doing a good job! How do you find it overall and is this the only canon lens you use via the adapter?
:tumbleweed:

A few people shots from the races other day

Happy punters by K G, on Flickr

Angry Bird by K G, on Flickr

Rowdy revelers by K G, on Flickr

Completely fluffed this one up, had been shooting the horses at 1/200 so when I aimed at this guy in much dimmer light the camera decided ISO 5000 ... it was over-exposed too, and I mucked up focus, oh well it amused me all the same

DSCF1481 by K G, on Flickr

Nice set Keith, I do like the angry bird one, that makes the picture for me, a great spot. Looks like the canon lens is doing a good job! How do you find it overall and is this the only canon lens you use via the adapter?

Cheers, I had a few pics of this guy as he passed us a few times to and from the bookies and bar but this one stood out for the wallet :)

For the money you couldn't go wrong with the 55-250 STM, nothing special about it as such, but it does do almost 1:3 magnification at close focus [better than either of Fuji's cheaper tele offerings] and I find it plenty sharp enough for casual shooting at least wide open. It's a plastic lens all round, but with the adapter attached, voila! metal mount :D and it suddenly feels as solid as the 55-200 Fuji. I've owned both Fuji's in the past and I would confidently say the Canon 55-250 is as good

I had the 50mm 1.8 STM and the 85mm 1.8 USM, they both worked just fine too. I had the lenses over from my M43 experimenting [using a Viltrox adapter] and got a good enough price on the fringer pro to make it worthwhile after switching back to Fuji. I did also get the chance to give a Sigma 18-35 1.8 a try out, and that also worked well. I'd be tempted by that one only for the weight of it

Cheers, I had a few pics of this guy as he passed us a few times to and from the bookies and bar but this one stood out for the wallet :)

For the money you couldn't go wrong with the 55-250 STM, nothing special about it as such, but it does do almost 1:3 magnification at close focus [better than either of Fuji's cheaper tele offerings] and I find it plenty sharp enough for casual shooting at least wide open. It's a plastic lens all round, but with the adapter attached, voila! metal mount :D and it suddenly feels as solid as the 55-200 Fuji. I've owned both Fuji's in the past and I would confidently say the Canon 55-250 is as good

I had the 50mm 1.8 STM and the 85mm 1.8 USM, they both worked just fine too. I had the lenses over from my M43 experimenting [using a Viltrox adapter] and got a good enough price on the fringer pro to make it worthwhile after switching back to Fuji. I did also get the chance to give a Sigma 18-35 1.8 a try out, and that also worked well. I'd be tempted by that one only for the weight of it

Good to know, thanks for the info. I really liked the xh1 body, but the cost of moving over and changing lenses was to much, and have been intrigued since the launch of the fringer adapter. Food for thought though, I would love to try out my sigma 150-600 adapted to see what it would be capable of.

Good to know, thanks for the info. I really liked the xh1 body, but the cost of moving over and changing lenses was to much, and have been intrigued since the launch of the fringer adapter. Food for thought though, I would love to try out my sigma 150-600 adapted to see what it would be capable of.

From what I have heard and read the better the lens, the better it adapts, so your L lenses should perform very well on the fringer pro. When it comes to third party it's best to do some research. I am pretty sure I've seen people use the Sig 150-600 and other large tele lenses with it, but I would look into it more before committing.

Back