Fujifilm X-H1

That's lovely Jonathan...

Personally I'm not into some of the "excess" jewellery, and think it spoils the image, but that's just personal taste. Love the way you have shot this through the foliage, and the B&W works well.

That's lovely Jonathan...

Personally I'm not into some of the "excess" jewellery, and think it spoils the image, but that's just personal taste. Love the way you have shot this through the foliage, and the B&W works well.

many thanks for the comment. i think I'm in agreement about the nose ring. if you look closely you can see she also has her mouth pierced but had left the ring out on this occasion.

many thanks for the comment. i think I'm in agreement about the nose ring. if you look closely you can see she also has her mouth pierced but had left the ring out on this occasion.

Looking again, the "bump" on the inside of her right elbow is a little distracting too, but I am being really picky... I love the image.

That's better. I was bending my elbow to see where the bump was coming from, and I confess, I ain't got one like that....

That 56mm is just what you need for a shot like this.

That's better. I was bending my elbow to see where the bump was coming from, and I confess, I ain't got one like that....

That 56mm is just what you need for a shot like this.

I have, its called Bursitis, no ring in me hooter though or anywhere else for that matter.

Last edited:
one more before bed time. x-h1 & 90mm. Acros.

taken last month at a big cat sanctuary. i had a good day out using the camera and got a few shots i was happy with. however, the more i think about the conditions the animals are being kept in (needlessly small cages, no room to run, no opportunity to fulfil their natural desire to hunt, sh*t everywhere) the more i wondered if they were now actually any better off. :thinking:

sanctuary? by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

one more before bed time. x-h1 & 90mm. Acros.

taken last month at a big cat sanctuary. i had a good day out using the camera and got a few shots i was happy with. however, the more i think about the conditions the animals are being kept in (needlessly small cages, no room to run, no opportunity to fulfil their natural desire to hunt, sh*t everywhere) the more i wondered if they were now actually any better off. :thinking:

sanctuary? by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Love the detail gr8 shot.

ah the cut and paste Pony response. right on cue :LOL:

Nah it's a tongue in cheek indirect response to your 'great camera, great lenses' :D

And super seeded before the year is out !:p:LOL:

What can I say it appeals to the current generation where phones are outdated before they are out. You need to drink some kool aid :beer:

Buy what you want and use what you want is my view, but the fact that a certain few see the need to keep pushing Sony kit on a thread dedicated to the Fuji XH-1 is getting extremely boring and repetitive to say the least.

He was hardly 'pushing Sony kit' - it seemed more like a tongue-in-cheek jibe. Still, Nuzik was talking about considering the H1 or the A7 and deserved to have informed answers rather than the expected answer in a group of mostly Fuji users. Objectively, I too considered both cameras and found the Sony A7iii easily the best for my work. Some shooters won't. You guys chose the X-H1 over the A7iii so telling him the reasons why you did so are more helpful.

I've always looked at these dedicated camera threads as a way of discussing pros and cons of the system rather than having an information blackout when it comes to other systems, or nothing but fawning. I've yet to use a camera (A7iii included) that deserves universal praise.

The A7iii and X-H1 are mirrorless cameras around the same price and will inevitably get compared, just as the A7iii feature-set leads to D750 discussion. This is why forums are useful. @Nuzik, if you want I can talk about why I didn't go for the Fuji over the Sony in the Sony thread, despite it being a brilliant camera.

He was hardly 'pushing Sony kit' - it seemed more like a tongue-in-cheek jibe. Still, Nuzik was talking about considering the H1 or the A7 and deserved to have informed answers rather than the expected answer in a group of mostly Fuji users. Objectively, I too considered both cameras and found the Sony A7iii easily the best for my work. Some shooters won't. You guys chose the X-H1 over the A7iii so telling him the reasons why you did so are more helpful.

I've always looked at these dedicated camera threads as a way of discussing pros and cons of the system rather than having an information blackout when it comes to other systems, or nothing but fawning. I've yet to use a camera (A7iii included) that deserves universal praise.

The A7iii and X-H1 are mirrorless cameras around the same price and will inevitably get compared, just as the A7iii feature-set leads to D750 discussion. This is why forums are useful. @Nuzik, if you want I can talk about why I didn't go for the Fuji over the Sony in the Sony thread, despite it being a brilliant camera.

I’d normally provide a more in-depth answer to his his question. But without knowing what he will want to be shooting etc make it a harder answer to give. It’s not just the xh1 or a73 he would need to consider, but also the type of glass he would need for the type of photography he is planning to shoot.

Plus, I’ve discussed it with him offline a number of times so feel like I’d be repeating myself.

But simply put, they are both great systems and neither is likely to let you down or not perform to a high level.

Perhaps go back over the previous 17 pages and see how many times this has been raised by the same person and the responses that have already been given time and time again.

Perhaps go back over the previous 17 pages and see how many times this has been raised by the same person and the responses that have already been given time and time again.

actually most of my responses have been tongue in cheek relating to this matter. I think you are falsely accusing me :rolleyes:

actually most of my responses have been tongue in cheek relating to this matter. I think you are falsely accusing me :rolleyes:
You know that 4 year old nephew or niece that thinks 'bum' is the funniest word in the world especially when repeated ad naseaum?
Yeah that one!

:)

You know that 4 year old nephew or niece that thinks 'bum' is the funniest word in the world especially when repeated ad naseaum?
Yeah that one!

:)

You Fuji folks are a bunch of meanies
Ganging up on me like dat
:dummy:

This thread is so quiet, have sales been low or is everyone just busy taking stunning photo's ?

Still considering getting one.

I think most are still hanging onto their T2's, perhaps waiting for the T3. I changed to the H1 because of the lens's I use (16-55 100-400), and have to say its the perfect match.

Back