Fujifilm X-H1

Actually @G.K.Jnr. , I had a pang of guilt over this uncharacteristic display of generosity, and yesterday also bought her a bottle of gin AND the dog got some hand-baked biscuits. (Co-incidentally I happen to enjoy gin - but not dog biscuits) The gin came with a free glass, which I had gift-wrapped.

You're certainly a class act Sir, and so very "COOL".(y)

George.

I've been so very impressed with the X-H1 that I'd decided to get a second unit when I get back to the USA next (they're less expensive there). As luck would have it I picked up a second unit & battery grip this very morning from a dealer down here in Kent. I'll not bore you with all the details of how it happened, but I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and got it for £1,281.55 brand new UK stock never been out of the shop & no trade in. "One Very Happy Bunny".:D:D:D

"The only problem for me now is my staff toggers all want them in place of the X-T2 units that we use, after all of them have been messing about with my X-H1. I can see a very expensive time approaching for me on the horizon" :rolleyes:(n)(n)

George.

I go off people easily.

I've been so very impressed with the X-H1 that I'd decided to get a second unit when I get back to the USA next (they're less expensive there). As luck would have it I picked up a second unit & battery grip this very morning from a dealer down here in Kent. I'll not bore you with all the details of how it happened, but I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and got it for £1,281.55 brand new UK stock never been out of the shop & no trade in. "One Very Happy Bunny".:D:D:D

"The only problem for me now is my staff toggers all want them in place of the X-T2 units that we use, after all of them have been messing about with my X-H1. I can see a very expensive time approaching for me on the horizon" :rolleyes:(n)(n)

George.
I'm off to google camera dealers in Kent

George.
Hi George - any chance you could point me in the direction of the dealer in Kent please? I think I'm fairly local to you (Canterbury) so might see if they are feeling accommodating!

Cheers

Dave

Hi George - any chance you could point me in the direction of the dealer in Kent please? I think I'm fairly local to you (Canterbury) so might see if they are feeling accommodating!

Cheers

Dave

They actually ordered the unit that I bought especially for someone else who backed out of the deal after leaving a substantial deposit (as they don't normally stock Fuji gear). It was all to do with them not returning all of the other guy's deposit or something like that, so I got the unit for the full price less the other guy's non returned part of the deposit, I think that's how it worked. As I said I just struck lucky by being in the right place at the right time.(y)

George.

They actually ordered the unit that I bought especially for someone else who backed out of the deal after leaving a substantial deposit (as they don't normally stock Fuji gear). It was all to do with them not returning all of the other guy's deposit or something like that, so I got the unit for the full price less the other guy's non returned part of the deposit, I think that's how it worked. As I said I just struck lucky by being in the right place at the right time.(y)

George.
Is that the explanation you’re offering your significant other? ;) It’s a good one - mind if I try it sometime? :D

im sure it'll go down better than "i just bought an x-h1 - here's a tenner, treat yourself".:)
No, no, no. I asked permission first. The fact that she wasn’t listening is neither here nor there.

George.
Ah OK - lucky find then George. Mildly jealous to say the least!

Is that the explanation you’re offering your significant other? ;) It’s a good one - mind if I try it sometime? :D

I don’t have that problem Sir, :) my wife who is from the UK needs to spend most of her time in the USA because of her business commitments, and I’m from the USA but need to spend about half my time here in the UK for the very same reason. So decent explanations are very seldom needed. But just in case I should ever need one I am learning some good ones from you lot. :D:D

George.

Last edited:
We've been married 27 years. Why would I waste a tenner?

I hope your good lady doesn’t get to read this thread Sir, if she does it might just cost you a bit more than that.:)

George.

Seriously though, these X-H1 units sure are a bit special. Well I think so anyway.(y)

George.

Give it a year they will be switching to Nikon. Nothing boosts an average channel views like “why I switched systems”.
Reason 1 - no other system accurately let's us have just half the eye in focus. our clients really like having only half of their eye being in focus and we can nail that with this Nikon.

Having said that if it's prices is around 1.5K and it not as huge as sigma 105, I may switch myself for that lens :D

Information needed. How long does the screen blackout after taking a shot. Say in comparison to X-T2

If anyone missed it, wex are doing £440 off the x-h1 body with code XH1-440

Thanks for this...I looked following your post yesterday and it showed £220 off, not £440...unless I’m missing something obvious!

Attachments

• F4423210-E743-4D24-89EA-9C8B86B9762C.png
    F4423210-E743-4D24-89EA-9C8B86B9762C.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 10
I ordered one yesterday. Definitely got £440 off. Enter the voucher code as per Johns post.

That's a positive result in my book Sir, "Congrat's Enjoy".(y)

George.

Just need to decide on my 1st lens.

As you well know Sir, they're all excellent having used the system before. With all of them obviously now being stabilized on the X-H1, so even better.(y)

George.

Congrats on the purchase. Mine is sitting in the basket....

What you looking to shoot?

A mix of Street, Landscape and maybe some people. Drawn to the 23 f1.4

Back