Fujifilm X-H1

Cornwall, but work in London sometimes...

I may go for a refurb - anyone got any horror stories or otherwise ?
Get yourself into Camera World just off Oxford St, they do lower prices in-store, last time I checked it was £1649 with grip kit or £1299 body only.

Or do what I did and get your nearest Jessops to call Camera World and confirm the in-store price then they matched it.

Cornwall, but work in London sometimes...

I may go for a refurb - anyone got any horror stories or otherwise ? Maybe even a discount code..?
Unfortunately my Fuji refurb was a crippled duck - which is unusual. It arrived set up for Italian and locked up as soon as I fitted a manual lens. Didn't make any difference switching the "shoot without lens" off and on. To be fair, I got a no-quibble refund.

Had my X-H1 returned from Fuji repairs today, having had the mainboard replaced. Oh well, will see how well it performs next week in Italy. I must say, they did a quick turnaround, given they didn't have the replacement part in stock at the beginning of the week.

Had my X-H1 returned from Fuji repairs today, having had the mainboard replaced. Oh well, will see how well it performs next week in Italy. I must say, they did a quick turnaround, given they didn't have the replacement part in stock at the beginning of the week.

Well done Fuji

In my experience this is typical of the excellent repair service provided by Fujifilm UK. I have had to use it twice in four years and on both occasions I posted the item guaranteed next day delivery on the Monday, one was returned to me on the Wednesday and the other on the Friday.

This leads me to believe that Fuji cameras and lenses are generally very reliable, if they weren't then their service department wouldn't be able to return items as quickly as they do, as they would be overloaded with repairs.

Couldn't agree more. After just getting it up and running, it already seems more responsive, which is quite noticeable.

This leads me to believe that Fuji cameras and lenses are generally very reliable, if they weren't then their service department wouldn't be able to return items as quickly as they do, as they would be overloaded with repairs.

:agree: My thoughts exactly Sir.(y)

George.

Fuji UK repair had my 100-400 for two weeks, when it came back it still had the fault. It took another two weeks to get it fixed properly and returned :/

Fuji UK repair had my 100-400 for two weeks, when it came back it still had the fault. It took another two weeks to get it fixed properly and returned :/

Brings a bit of balance to the thread.

When this happened, both the delay to the repair and the fault not being rectified, did you contact Fuji's UK Service Department by phone? My experience has been that your call will be answered by a reaI human being who knows what they are talking about. They will also ensure that the problem is dealt with very quickly.

When this happened, both the delay to the repair and the fault not being rectified, did you contact Fuji's UK Service Department by phone? My experience has been that your call will be answered by a reaI human being who knows what they are talking about. They will also ensure that the problem is dealt with very quickly.
Do you have their contact number please?

When I first handled the X-H1 my first thought was "At last Fuji have produced a camera which fits my hands perfectly, with the joystick and AF-On button in just the right places. Yesterday I spent six hours at Marwell Zoo with my younger son, his wife and my grandson.

When we got there I found that I had left the camera strap at home and I carried it around with the 55-200 attached, holding it by the body grip, for most of the six hours. I experienced no wrist ache or cramped fingers, and I have no discomfort in my hands or wrist this morning.

I found my D700, which I used from 2008 to 2015, to be near perfect. This is obviously a very personal view, but after after yesterday I think that my X-H1 is perfect for me.

I also found that the LCD panel provides something which I haven't seen in any of the X-H1 reviews. The ability to see the set aperture of any Fuji lens, like the 55-200, which does not have a marked aperture ring just be looking down at the panel.

Do you have their contact number please?

Yes, it's 0344 5532321. To help anyone else in the future, if you go to the Fujifilm UK website and click on Support, at the bottom right hand side you will see a panel Contact Us, that gives both their telephone number and email address.

After this post and my earlier one regarding my X-H1 I think I should say that I have no connection with Fujifilm except that of a very satisfied customer.

There is one negative which to me is a big one. They have not implemented the one thing I have asked every Fuji rep that I ever met for and posted on various forums. Why have they never provided a 5 x 4 ratio crop in the viewfinder, it's the most pleasing ratio for portraits and the standard size of event photography prints, which is why Nikon have always provided it in their professional cameras.

Yes, it's 0344 5532321. To help anyone else in the future, if you go to the Fujifilm UK website and click on Support, at the bottom right hand side you will see a panel Contact Us, that gives both their telephone number and email address.

After this post and my earlier one regarding my X-H1 I think I should say that I have no connection with Fujifilm except that of a very satisfied customer.

There is one negative which to me is a big one. They have not implemented the one thing I have asked every Fuji rep that I ever met for and posted on various forums. Why have they never provided a 5 x 4 ratio crop in the viewfinder, it's the most pleasing ratio for portraits and the standard size of event photography prints, which is why Nikon have always provided it in their professional cameras.
Thanks for that. I had to deal with Fuji twice and they have provided me with an excellent service. It's just useful to have their number when needed

Get yourself into Camera World just off Oxford St, they do lower prices in-store, last time I checked it was £1649 with grip kit or £1299 body only.

Or do what I did and get your nearest Jessops to call Camera World and confirm the in-store price then they matched it.
I didn't do that, but following on from Wex telling me that their £440 discount was only for certain customers I started to look around to see if anyone else might be offering something similar.
As I was in the process of buying a used lens from Cambrian Cameras I mentioned this to the lovely and Oh-so-helpful Sarah who works there and she told me that while they had a used XH-1, I could have a new one (grip kit) at just over £1500. She also threw in a free bag and some Haribos, and before noon Saturday delivery..
I had never heard of Cambrian Cameras before, but will certainly be going back to them again. Fantastic customer service.

I didn't do that, but following on from Wex telling me that their £440 discount was only for certain customers I started to look around to see if anyone else might be offering something similar.
As I was in the process of buying a used lens from Cambrian Cameras I mentioned this to the lovely and Oh-so-helpful Sarah who works there and she told me that while they had a used XH-1, I could have a new one (grip kit) at just over £1500. She also threw in a free bag and some Haribos, and before noon Saturday delivery..
I had never heard of Cambrian Cameras before, but will certainly be going back to them again. Fantastic customer service.
Result!

A positive RESULT in my book Sir, “ENJOY”(y)

George.

That's a great result. If one door shuts another one opens [emoji16]

When I bought my X-H1 recently and posted the news on here, one of the respondents told me that I would love it, they were right and I'm sure you will love owning yours, it's a fabulous camera.

Away at the Monza F1 at the moment (god I’m fed up with all this travelling) and we are using the X-H1 units along side X-T2s for the second week. So far so good with absolutely no problems to report with any of the units whatsoever. We all like them very much and they are certainly slotting into our system very well and they seem to be a bit more responsive than even the excellent X-T2 units. The only gripe that I have that I’ll no doubt get used to is the placement of the Q button as I keep switching it on accidentally and at the moment I would prefer it in the same position as the X-T2s.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Great to know Steve, one to add to the dealers that do good deals list.

Anyone use a wireless remote shutter release with the XH-1 ?
If so, then which one ?

I don't want a wired one, but something I can hand to a sitter so they can press the button.
Hey, I'm lazy, OK !!!

Last edited:
Just received my camera back from WEX.
They couldn’t replicate the lock ups and have installed latest firmware.

I’ll see how it goes.

Feels good in the hand though...must get out with it.

Mentioning Hilversum gives your age away, I remember it being on the radio dial too. :D

X-T3 release bodes well for X-H2

X-H1 is still a better camera than I’m a photographer.

not sure there any many cases that i'd want/need 20fps or 30fps in crop mode. @G.K.Jnr. do the specs excite you for your line of work?

surprisingly im not currently interested in the x-t3. of course, some reviews may change that - but currently no interest

not sure there any many cases that i'd want/need 20fps or 30fps in crop mode. @G.K.Jnr. do the specs excite you for your line of work?

surprisingly im not currently interested in the x-t3. of course, some reviews may change that - but currently no interest

My self and the toggers I employ are all hooked on the performance of the X-H1 units. None of us are interested in anything without IBIS now. For us its a game changer. Fabulous Bit Of Kit. (y)

George.

Don't expect X-H2 will be far away, I would suspect Q1/Q2 next year, I kno the H1 has not been out long, but I'm sure Fuji won't leave their flagship APSC camera in the doldrums.

well - im not sure how they would appease the x-h1 early adopters if the replacement comes within a year of release. Fujis release cycle already seems more frequent than the other brands.

well - im not sure how they would appease the x-h1 early adopters if the replacement comes within a year of release. Fujis release cycle already seems more frequent than the other brands.

Generally Fuji have been working on a 2 year cycle (X-Pro series excepted), but the X-H1 was very late in the X-Trans3 Cycle, has been really well received, so I'd be really surprised if they make X-H1 adopters wait 2 years to get the new features, especially as the X-H series is more video orientated. Its easy to appease existing users, just offer a stonking trade-in bonus.

Generally Fuji have been working on a 2 year cycle (X-Pro series excepted), but the X-H1 was very late in the X-Trans3 Cycle, has been really well received, so I'd be really surprised if they make X-H1 adopters wait 2 years to get the new features, especially as the X-H series is more video orientated. Its easy to appease existing users, just offer a stonking trade-in bonus.

this is why i was surprised the xt3 was coming out so soon after (6 months) x-h1 and that the xh1 didn't have a few more bells and whistles under the hood. perhaps the xh1 will get some further improvement via fw update.

Back