Fujifilm X-H1

I rang my local Wex/Calumet/Glasgow branch today and asked about the H1, salesman told me there's an open Fuji event on in their branch on Friday 28th September between 10-4. I'll unfortunately not be able to attend as we'll be away on our honeymoon to Filey, near Scarborough then.

:(
Oh come on, you’ll need to think up a better excuse than that. :D

I rang my local Wex/Calumet/Glasgow branch today and asked about the H1, salesman told me there's an open Fuji event on in their branch on Friday 28th September between 10-4. I'll unfortunately not be able to attend as we'll be away on our honeymoon to Filey, near Scarborough then.

Shame. I think you can buy at £1299 on these days. (Can at LCE as far as I’m aware)

Fair to say that T3 release has made me re-evaluate My purchase of H1. Ive had it less than 4 weeks. I knew full well of T3 rumoured spec.
Very happy with my decision.
Of course I’m looking to H2.
H1 is an amazing bit of kit.

Always the way, just promise her a day out in Glasgow :). I treated my wife to day out at Outlon Park for British Superbikes on our Honeymoon and she hates bike racing :)

Just checked the LCE website, X-H1 new for £1,699

That's Fuji's list price. I got mine with the battery grip for £1,510 with a double Fuji's £220 discount offer. Trading in my X-E1 plus Fuji's extra £100 trade in bonus reduced it to £1,325.

Its only half a day. Get your priorities right and pop back.:exit:

Always the way, just promise her a day out in Glasgow :). I treated my wife to day out at Outlon Park for British Superbikes on our Honeymoon and she hates bike racing :)

Haha!! I took my wife away for a long weekend in Valencia once, there may have been a Moto GP on that weekend :D

Haha!! I took my wife away for a long weekend in Valencia once, there may have been a Moto GP on that weekend :D
I “tested” my girlfriends by taking them to watch rallies. One was sent out with a friend to watch me navigate on a night rally. She didn’t last.

Has anyone shot the XH1 in 'Eterna' film simulation with stills photographic (not video)....?......any samples to view anyone ?

Cheers;
Peter

Hi Peter,

I haven't tried it yet either so it will be a good excuse for me to try it as well. I'll take a few mundane images around Wokingham, which is a mundane town anyway and send them to you tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Chris P

Has anyone shot the XH1 in 'Eterna' film simulation with stills photographic (not video)....?......any samples to view anyone ?

Cheers;
Peter

I had a quick look but it wasn’t drawing me away from classic chrome, provia or Astia.

I know I know, best we can come up with,.....lol. not allowed to fly until spring next year, so we will get away on a hot holiday then we hope.:)
If you get the time have a look at a shop on West Ave between Boots and Dixons, there are usually some lovely sunrise shots in the window taken from around the area, great inspiration.

Hi Peter,

I haven't tried it yet either so it will be a good excuse for me to try it as well. I'll take a few mundane images around Wokingham, which is a mundane town anyway and send them to you tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Chris P

Hi Peter,

Here's some sample images using Eterna, two buildings of different colours and a tree, mundane photography at its finest. :D

If you would like full size jpegs contact me via PM I'll send you my email address so that you can contact me direct and I can sent them to you via email.

Chris P

TP !.JPG

TP 2.JPG

TP 3.JPG

Thanks for that Jonathan, so who's selling this (above) deal please ? Jessops....?

Thanks;
Peter

That was in store at jessops today. Also £100 trade in bonus from Fuji until end of September. If I hadn’t just bought the x-t2 I would have snapped this up for sure.

That was in store at jessops today. Also £100 trade in bonus from Fuji until end of September. If I hadn’t just bought the x-t2 I would have snapped this up for sure.
Cheers, I just checked the standard on-line Jessops and it's full £1,699 etc body only. It must be certain stores doing that deal. Any idea which store you spotted this Jonathan?

Appreciated.

Peter

Cheers, I just checked the standard on-line Jessops and it's full £1,699 etc body only. It must be certain stores doing that deal. Any idea which store you spotted this Jonathan?

Appreciated.

Peter

This was in the London oxford street/circus store.
Brand new camera. I’ve had to crop this photo down in order to upload it so if you need the full picture which should show jessops logo and it being discounted let me know and I can text or email it over to you.

Cheers;
Peter

I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but on this Blog the guy creates an Eterna profile for use in Lightroom by using Camera Raw’s ability to import LUTs into presets. Scroll down the page for instructions on how to copy the preset for LR, should take no more than a few minutes to set it up.

I’m sorely tempted by one of these. Can get one with the grip for a really good price and thinking of adding the 18-55 just to get me started. These are currently sat in my basket waiting for my willpower to run out.

I'm still pondering this purchase to go with my X100F, and i'm looking at the 18-55 or whether to push the boat out and go for the 16-55, I don't particularly need weather sealing, but the constant 2.8 is pulling me towards it. I have recently sold all my Canon gear, and had a load of L lenses, my long term plan is to move over to the Fuji system and this looks like my way to go, I want the 90 and the 100-400 at some point too, but the q6 or 18-55 will be my starting point if I go with it.

Need to see more images from the XH1 guys, I'm pondering a lot about one.

Thanks

Thing is Pete. It’s got the same sensor as other X-trans3 cameras.
What sets it apart is IBIS and the form factor.
You need to decide what the most wanted features you want your new camera to have.
Plenty of internet evidence of H1 owners trading for the T3
For me, I love the way it handles and the dedicated AF-ON button.
Waiting for H2. Happy to do so.

I’ll try and find some more pictures, sure I’ve got one of my Collie pup somewhere.

You need to decide what the most wanted features you want your new camera to have.
Plenty of internet evidence of H1 owners trading for the T3

I’ll try and find some more pictures, sure I’ve got one of my Collie pup somewhere.

I’d agree.
@macvisual if you can find a good deal (like the one in jessops yesterday) it’s well worth a try. Depends on what you want to shoot. Ibis is going to help with low light and the camera is built like a tank if that’s important to you.
Most of the buttons are bigger and feel better and it just fits the hands nicely.

I bought my X-H1 for exactly the same reason, no matter how high the specification, any camera which is uncomfortable to use or the control placement feels awkward in use will always prevent you from getting the best from it.

:agree: It’s the nicest handling Fuji I’ve used, including the X100F and the Pro2.

I bought my X-H1 for exactly the same reason, no matter how high the specification, any camera which is uncomfortable to use or the control placement feels awkward in use will always prevent you from getting the best from it.

:plus1: Exactly my thoughts.(y)

George.

So I'm thinking I fancy more MP's compared to my XP1 & XT1 bodies and want to stay with Fuji of course, the XH1 being slightly bigger would be nice although I've no size issues whatsoever with my current X bodies, and I shoot a lot of flower photography the 5 stop IBIS would be very handy, I've no interest in video at all.

My XF lens line-up is pretty extensive; 10-24/18-55/35/56/60/55-200/MCEX-11, although I've like to add a 90 at some stage.

The current Jessop deal for £1259 seems excellent compared to other full price of £1699 elsewhere. I appreciate the XH2 will be probably be released next spring/summer, just a matter of when to jump in and timing etc........(?)

Peter

Thanks for all your advice and a special mention to addicknchips for the heads up re the photo/info.

Last edited:
Back