Fujifilm X-H1

So I'm thinking I fancy more MP's compared to my XP1 & XT1 bodies and want to stay with Fuji of course, the XH1 being slightly bigger would be nice although I've no size issues whatsoever with my current X bodies, and I shoot a lot of flower photography the 5 stop IBIS would be very handy, I've no interest in video at all.

My XF lens line-up is pretty extensive; 10-24/18-55/35/56/60/55-200/MCEX-11, although I've like to add a 90 at some stage.

The current Jessop deal for £1259 seems excellent compared to other full price of £1699 elsewhere. I appreciate the XH2 will be probably be released next spring/summer, just a matter of when to jump in and timing etc........(?)

Peter
You could wait for ever for the “right deal” or the “next version”. :)

So I'm thinking I fancy more MP's compared to my XP1 & XT1 bodies and want to stay with Fuji of course, the XH1 being slightly bigger would be nice although I've no size issues whatsoever with my current X bodies, and I shoot a lot of flower photography the 5 stop IBIS would be very handy, I've no interest in video at all.

My XF lens line-up is pretty extensive; 10-24/18-55/35/56/60/55-200/MCEX-11, although I've like to add a 90 at some stage.

The current Jessop deal for £1259 seems excellent compared to other full price of £1699 elsewhere. I appreciate the XH2 will be probably be released next spring/summer, just a matter of when to jump in and timing etc........(?)

Peter

If you’ll make use of IBIS get it now.

Peter

im not trying to feed your GAS here but.....a few things to consider:

1. three of your current lenses would now be stabilised if you got the xh1. plus the 90mm which is probably just a matter of time before you pull the trigger on.
2. that jessops deal could have already been pulled. its so cheap it could just be limited to that one store. something to keep in mind.
3. there is no guarantee the xh2 will release so soon. replacing the x-h1 so soon could be a bit of a middle finger to anyone who bought it this year.
4. if you are able to trade your x-pro 1 or t1 against the x-h1before the end of the month you'll get £100 cash back from Fuji.

Peter
Also if you don't mind buying refurbished, the Fuji refurbished store has the camera for good price even with the grip and two batteries.

Also if you don't mind buying refurbished, the Fuji refurbished store has the camera for good price even with the grip and two batteries.

body price is still more than jessops in store deal. spoke to them earlier and the deal remains on but they wouldn't confirm for how long.

How does the AF on these compare to a 7D Mkii or 5D Mkiii?

How does the AF on these compare to a 7D Mkii or 5D Mkiii?

Tough one

I’ve had 7D2 with 400 f5.6. Very fast to focus.
Only have 23 f1.4, 10-24 f4 and 16-55 F2.8

Focusing on the 16-55 is pretty quick. Honestly couldn’t say if it’s as fast as 7D2. That’s probably because my usage scenario is different.
I now have Nikon D500 for long lens stuff with Siggy 150-600

@macvisual , this is approximately a 50% crop from the X-H1 plus 90mm at 1/25 second. No, it's not me up there!

On the rocks by Stephen Lee, on Flickr
For some unfathomable reason this shot, which was just a throwaway one to illustrate IS and which has absolutely no compositional or processing skills, has made Explore on Flickr! Go figure!

Received my X-H1 back again this morning, so was apprehensive as to whether it was actually fixed this time

On first inspection, what do I find, but a cracked lcd screen, my heart sank. WTF!!! Back on the phone, I spoke to a softly spoken man, who was very apologetic. Then it suddenly dawned on me, I had a glass screen protector covering said screen. Doh, what an idiot. Anyhow the upshot is they are going to reimburse me the cost of a new one, so well done Fuji. Shame about it getting cracked, but a huge relief it wasn't going straight back.

On sending it back the last time, I wrote a short list of things that were annoying me, such as the very stiff on/off button, now fixed. The body is also a different one, well from what I can tell. There was this slight imperfection, just above the rear command dial, which is now no more, but the serial number is still the same, so yeah. They have also this time answered, the question of what they have actually done, in this case replacement of the main circuit casing, so again, well done Fuji.

Still haven't had time to check it out fully, but here's hoping, third time lucky.

Received my X-H1 back again this morning, so was apprehensive as to whether it was actually fixed this time

On first inspection, what do I find, but a cracked lcd screen, my heart sank. WTF!!! Back on the phone, I spoke to a softly spoken man, who was very apologetic. Then it suddenly dawned on me, I had a glass screen protector covering said screen. Doh, what an idiot. Anyhow the upshot is they are going to reimburse me the cost of a new one, so well done Fuji. Shame about it getting cracked, but a huge relief it wasn't going straight back.

On sending it back the last time, I wrote a short list of things that were annoying me, such as the very stiff on/off button, now fixed. The body is also a different one, well from what I can tell. There was this slight imperfection, just above the rear command dial, which is now no more, but the serial number is still the same, so yeah. They have also this time answered, the question of what they have actually done, in this case replacement of the main circuit casing, so again, well done Fuji.

Still haven't had time to check it out fully, but here's hoping, third time lucky.

how is it a different body if the old screen protector was still on it?

That's what I thought. My first reaction, apart from that sinking feeling, was because this mark, that was on the camera, that wasn't there, maybe they had sent me back someone else's body. That was until I checked the serial number. Maybe that's what they meant by "replacement of the main circuit BODY".

Currently on our honeymoon away for five days break.......lush’tastic.

Earlier today I’ve ordered a new X-H1 body from Jessops Oxford St (as last discussion) for the £1,259 special deal......wOw.

X-H1 should be arriving early next week delivery as currently away from home chilling...

Life can’t get any better!!

Thanks for all your advice and a special mention to addicknchips for the heads up re the Jessops photo/info.

Cheers;
Peter

Last edited:
Currently on our honeymoon away for five days break.......lush’tastic.

Earlier today I’ve ordered a new X-H1 body from Jessops Oxford St (as last discussion) for the £1,259 special deal......wOw.

X-H1 should be arriving early next week delivery as currently away from home chilling...

Life can’t get any better!!

Thanks for all your advice and a special mention to addicknchips for the heads up re the Jessops photo/info.

Cheers;
Peter

Nice one Pete. Enjoy your honeymoon.

I bought my X-H1 for exactly the same reason, no matter how high the specification, any camera which is uncomfortable to use or the control placement feels awkward in use will always prevent you from getting the best from it.

I agree entirely. Just sold my Sony A7R3 (again!) to go back to the X-H1.. Far prefer the ergonomics of the Fuji and the lower cost of lenses that are good enough for me and my skill level...

welcome back

Thanks. I have just been on holiday abroad lumping around a big camera bag full of lenses thinking why oh why did I sell the X-H1 which I could carry around all day long with out any issues and I felt produced far better photos... well to me anyway :)

Plus the money I recover from selling the Sony will please the taxman/missus ... who ever finds out first :)

Last edited:
Capture One now has a dedicated Fuji edition, build in collaboration with Fuji! Includes a free version and a pro version (latter is subscription only).

Available now - Fuji film profiles to come in an update. Will be interesting as presumably Fuji is helping develop them.

Capture One now has a dedicated Fuji edition, build in collaboration with Fuji! Includes a free version and a pro version (latter is subscription only).

Available now - Fuji film profiles to come in an update. Will be interesting as presumably Fuji is helping develop them.

Any idea when the film simulations are due? I downloaded C1 Fuji this afternoon and was disappointed not to see them...

Any idea when the film simulations are due? I downloaded C1 Fuji this afternoon and was disappointed not to see them...
They just say 'a free update', but same downloaded expecting them to be there, but scratched head!

The free version is missing quite a bit I liked from my last trial - layers for example, but also some basic stuff such as spot removal as far as I can see.
The Pro version is offered at a reduced subscription of €159/year as opposed to €180/year, no perpetual option like the Sony though.

That said, it's a positive move - Fuji's software was poor, so if they are now going to put their know-how into Capture One, that's a good thing (speaking as a LR user at the moment). Might tempt me to move.

Thanks. I have just been on holiday abroad lumping around a big camera bag full of lenses thinking why oh why did I sell the X-H1 which I could carry around all day long with out any issues and I felt produced far better photos... well to me anyway :)

Plus the money I recover from selling the Sony will please the taxman/missus ... who ever finds out first :)
Trev I’ve been carrying around the XH-1 + 16-55 in Turkey, it’s so comfortable, lovely images, very satisfying when letting a Nikon 750 owner take a pic of us and hearing him say whoa that shutter is silky smooth

Trev I’ve been carrying around the XH-1 + 16-55 in Turkey, it’s so comfortable, lovely images, very satisfying when letting a Nikon 750 owner take a pic of us and hearing him say whoa that shutter is silky smooth

I am a big fan of the 16-55 but will probably keep to the 18-55 and 55-200 for now...

Called into Jessops in York (whilst on my honeymoon) to have a look at the X-H1 body in the flesh and to have a play with it, but they never had one in stock.

Disappointed . . .

Roll on early next week.

:)

Do the XH-1 and XT-3 have the same exact screen? if so, do any of you XH-1 users use a screen protector on your XH-1s? Does that affect the touch screen functionality? Thanks

Do the XH-1 and XT-3 have the same exact screen? if so, do any of you XH-1 users use a screen protector on your XH-1s? Does that affect the touch screen functionality? Thanks

It shouldn't - I've used glass screen protectors on Sony and Nikon Touchscreen and my new XT3 with no issues.

Ok, don't know why this is happening, just took a dozen shots with the new X-H1, tried to import images the normal way into Adobe Lightroom 6 and there's no files showing...??...although there's files/images on the SD card ok.

So I can't upload any images from my card reader into Lightroom 6. Very strange.
Maybe Lightroom 6 doesn't support the Fuji X-H1 files and maybe needs upgraded....(?)

Any advice/tips appreciated.

Last edited:
Back