Fujifilm X-H1

Ok, to upload my newly shot X-H1 images I'd to download Adobe DNG converter, although in my current Lightroom I can't access all the separate film simulations...? So here's my best attempt at my first X-H1 upload etc

Hover fly

Hover fly by APM Photography, on Flickr

XF60mm

Cheers Jonathan...! Still have no idea why I can't access any of the many film simulations.

Thanks;
Peter

I’m probably wrong - but the latest LR moved the simulations to the top rather than at the bottom. There’s some sort of grip symbol you click on near the top right corner.

Cheers Jonathan...! Still have no idea why I can't access any of the many film simulations.

Thanks;
Peter
The Fuji film simulations are only available if the file is identified as a Fuji RAW file (just as the Canon are only available to Canon RAW files etc). Does converting to DNG first mean LR is not recognising the file as originating from Fuji and hence not showing the profiles?

And as others have said, the location moved from the bottom of the develop pane to the top in the latest versions, and have a slightly different interface.

Some beautifully clear images in this thread. Are you guys mostly posting SOOC JPEGs or processed RAWs?

For those that have/had XP2, how does the IQ compare?

Lee
A mixture for me, sometimes the jpeg is so good I just leave it alone.

stop it :banghead:

Macvisual said "I've only had the X-H1 less than a week now, but I really cannot believe the silky smooth shutter release - amazing, really amazing."

You forgot to mention the wonderful sound it makes. :D

Macvisual said "I've only had the X-H1 less than a week now, but I really cannot believe the silky smooth shutter release - amazing, really amazing."

You forgot to mention the wonderful sound it makes. :D
Like a mouse farting.

Such a wet/miserable day here in Central Scotland. I spotted this single Rose in a neighbours garden and thought I'd try capture it as best I could.

A Rose in the rain

A Rose in the rain by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-H1 | XF55-200mm | iso 400 | @ f/4.8 | 1/20th sec | 200mm end

Well, just rejoined the Fuji club (as an addition to my M4/3 kit), with a nice shiney X-H1 with battery grip and an 18-55 lens. Also just purchased the 55-200 from our own Macvisual on these very forums, so I think 28-300mm equivalent will suffice for the time being (will add the 10-24 at a later date). I know everyone is clammering for the X-T3, but I'm not a video expert nor a high speed AF shooter, so felt the X-H1 with it's IBIS would better meet my needs.

Body feels great (if not a little "angular" compared to my M4/3 bodies), but the shutter sound is wonderful. Feels totally different to the X-T2 I had last year, and I just need to dial in some custom settings to make it work how i want and I'm good to go. On that last point, I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to apply EV compensation using the rear dial without having to press the liittle EV comp buton next to the shutter button first. Whilst It's not a major headache, I'm so just to on my older Nikon bodies and now my M/43 in just turning the rear dial to add or subtract EV wthout having to press anything else. Is this possible vis a custom setting at all ?

Also, (and I don't remember this from my X-T2 days), but what I'm seeing in the EVF doesn't really match the final image in that the colours appear washed out a little and the image is too contrasty. The final image on the rear screen however better approximates what I saw. Anyone esle experienced this ? Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Whilst It's not a major headache, I'm so just to on my older Nikon bodies and now my M/43 in just turning the rear dial to add or subtract EV wthout having to press anything else. Is this possible vis a custom setting at all ?

Thoughts ?
Yes. I have this on my front dial, but the choice of dial is yours. To set it to work without a press, it is Spanner/Button Dial Setting/Exp Comp Button setting (on page 2)/on off switch. Then you just need to press it the once to "release" the dial and it remembers that setting.You don't have to press it every time you turn the camera on.

Back