Fujifilm X-H1

Just back from a few days in wonderful Northumbria, and this is the first shot I've got round to processing. X-H1 and 16-55. Incidentally, took around 250 shots. Put the battery in the charger when I got back and it was still showing 80% charged.

Reflections by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Just back from a few days in wonderful Northumbria, and this is the first shot I've got round to processing. X-H1 and 16-55. Incidentally, took around 250 shots. Put the battery in the charger when I got back and it was still showing 80% charged.

I like Northumberland, lovely people, great beaches, a castle every other lamp post, shame about the weather... :D

Obviously one of the great beaches... Nicely shot as always (y)

Reflections by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

“Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Another from Northumberland, at Amble.

Harbour Light by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

That’s an another “Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, perfect composition with a great lead in, very nice sky, some detail in the water, and a lovely tinted mono presentation that works really well with this scene.(y)

George.

That’s an another “Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, perfect composition with a great lead in, very nice sky, some detail in the water, and a lovely tinted mono presentation that works really well with this scene.(y)

George.
I really do appreciate you taking the time to look and comment. :)

Thanks to advice given on here I bought both the elliptical and round eyecups for my X-H1, I then found that due to their size the flash contact cover will not slide in over the top of them. Having got fed up with having to take the eyecup off each time I wanted to mount a flashgun, I did a bit of investigation this morning and found that the lip on the rear of the cover seems excessively deep. I've reduced the depth of the lip by 50%, which still leaves an adequate amount, and this allows the cover to be inserted over the top of the eyecup.

Hope this will help anyone who has encountered the same problem.

Hi guys. Still getting to know my new X-H1 and have a quick question please.

re the DR setting (100, 200, 400 or Auto), do I assume this is a bit like Active D-Lighting used to be on my Nikons (i.e. it underexposes slightly then lifts the shadows in camera ? Does anyone bother with this and if so, what do you leave it set to or do you alter it per specific shot ?

re the DR setting (100, 200, 400 or Auto), do I assume this is a bit like Active D-Lighting used to be on my Nikons (i.e. it underexposes slightly then lifts the shadows in camera ? Does anyone bother with this and if so, what do you leave it set to or do you alter it per specific shot ?
I think your supposition is correct. I leave it on 100%, which is off, and concentrate on making changes in LR.

I never mess about with the DR setting Sir, I just leave it at 100%.(y)

George.

Back