Fujifilm X-H1

Can you describe what the fail is?
Just not getting shots in focus when using eye af? It does only work in single focus so not much use for people who may move.

Tried again with the 16-55. Face detected about 50 Percent of shots. Not achieving focus in any. Static subject, good light. AF-S
Actually not a big deal, just playing around. Happy to shoot using single point AF

Had a bit of good fortune today. I was looking to complete my trio of Fuji F2 primes. I already had the 35mm F2 and just purchased from here the 50mm F2, so was looking at the 23mm F2. I saw on line (at Camera Price Buster) that the lowest price was just over the £400 mark (£409 from the usual on line companies). I then got an email out of the blue this morning from Fuji UK (which I sure many others got), with a voucher for an extra £100 instantly off any Fuji brand new lens provided it was purchased in a "bricks and motor" store and on the approved list. this meant £309 for a brand new lens and I could apparently still claim the further £45 from Fuji as part of the cash back meaning a total net price of only £264 - for a brand new lens, after cashback.

So today i went along to a chain that was on the list (who shall remain nameless for the reason below), had a chat with them and asked if it was all real and that I only had to pay the less £100 price today which they confirmed as correct. Here's the thing though, all their prices for Fuji lenses in the shop were advertised inclusive of the cash back deal, meaning he accidentally only charged me £364.00 (the cash back price) less the £100.00 so I only paid £264.00 for the lens today and I can still claim the additional £45 off Fuji meaning total price will be £219.00 when I get the cashback - cheaper than second hand - well chuffed.

So i know have the trinity of the 3 main F2 lenses for my X-H1:D

'Twas the switch-on of the local Christmas lights and fireworks last night (all community-funded) so I went along. Took over 400 shots, including using motor drive, on a battery already down to 90%. This morning it was on 80%!

Settle at Christmas by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

'Twas the switch-on of the local Christmas lights and fireworks last night (all community-funded) so I went along. Took over 400 shots, including using motor drive, on a battery already down to 90%. This morning it was on 80%!

Settle at Christmas by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

"Excellent" shot, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of some rope etc that's amongst all the other things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty presentation for this snap to bring out some of the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/480th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (22) (Dungeness)-03274 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just trying to bring the thread back to life :D

Another of Daisy this time with the X-H1

I was actually thinking that earlier today

Shame this thread is so sparse personlly could never understand why it wasn't merged with XT-2 thread.

I suggested this long before there was even an XH1, I suggested the XT and Xpro threads could be merged to keep all Fuji shooters together. End of the day the output is pretty much the same, just different shaped bodies. You're all using the same lenses.

Not sure if this has always been there and I've never noticed, but I did the FW V2.00 upgrade yesterday on my X-H1, and today just noticed that on some screens, the battery symbol now has a percentage remaining next to it (see below). Has that always been there ?

Not sure if this has always been there and I've never noticed, but I did the FW V2.00 upgrade yesterday on my X-H1, and today just noticed that on some screens, the battery symbol now has a percentage remaining next to it (see below). Has that always been there ?

Looks like a new feature to me.

Shame this thread is so sparse personlly could never understand why it wasn't merged with XT-2 thread.

Me either !! would make perfect sense to merge them in my book.(y)

George.

I suggested merging the threads ages ago, it's ridiculous having them separate, it's an X Series camera, end of

:plus1: My thoughts exactly.(y)

George.

As far as I recall that screen (or something very similar) has always been there, must admit I've never noticed the battery % symbol before. "Excellent" firmware upgrade.(y)

George.

Anyone have issues with the firmware update? Havent got round to doing mine yet.

No problems with any of our units, everything seems to be working just fine.(y)

George.

Anyone have issues with the firmware update? Havent got round to doing mine yet.
It installed fine, but a) I’ve not used the camera since (too many toys to play with!) and b) I don’t use any of the features it introduces or corrects. :)

Dare I ask? :facepalm:
Well, besides the X100F, which I’ve not touched for months, to my shame, and my Bronica, which I use when I’m feeling strong, I recently “invested” in a Leica IIIG which I need to master.

I was in my local camera shop yesterday and heard a rumour that from the 24th the X-H1 body is going to be on sale at £1230 then minus the £230 cash back...

Great price. Having bought one the month it released and then seen how the price dropped within 8 months I'd be very reluctant to be an early adopter in the future.

Back