Fujifilm X-H1

On the Fuji refurb site, X-H1s are the same price as X100Fs - to me that seems totally wrong.

Rumour has it the XH2 is around the corner, but if I'm honest I have no idea. Only that it's a fantastic bit of kit for not a lot of money
yes, im asking in a pleasantly surprised way. im very tempted at this price point, and as a second body it offers a bit of variation to my xt3

I bought the body and grip, plus 3 batteries from the refurb site for £999. When I say it was brand new, I literally couldn't tell the difference. The only difference being it came in a generic refurb box

yes, im asking in a pleasantly surprised way. im very tempted at this price point, and as a second body it offers a bit of variation to my xt3

Personally I prefer the X-H1 to the X-T3 (which I also have) but very seldom use. For me the X-H1 is the best APS-C unit Fuji have ever produced.

George.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the X-H1 to the X-T3 (which I also have) but very seldom use. For me the X-H1 is the best APS-C unit Fuji has ever produced.

George.

For me it’s intangible. Just feels right in the hand, and it’s sparked my interest in street photography so win win

I love my X-H1 but it’s the last time I will buy a camera anywhere near its release date :/

I was asked by Mrs J to put together a list of all my gear for our home insurance. Without my studio gear, but including all our birding optics and computer etc, I'm over £20k (replacement value) :oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$

There has to be at least another 5-7k of studio kit (lights, stands, backgrounds etc).

Makes you think doesn't it......

For me it’s intangible. Just feels right in the hand, and it’s sparked my interest in street photography so win win

I couldn't agree more !! Apart from my personal units, I have equipped our motor sport togs with the X-H1 cameras (we now have 21 company units) and my staff togs absolutely love them. Not one of the X-H1 units have let us down in any way and when the X-H2s are introduced I shall definitely be investing in them.

George.

why have the prices plummeted recently so much on this camera?

Because I'm interested in buying one :D

I love my X-H1 but it’s the last time I will buy a camera anywhere near its release date :/

It does suck when the camera you buy drops dramatically in price, especially when you go to upgrade and sell on used.

Personally I prefer the X-H1 to the X-T3 (which I also have) but very seldom use. For me the X-H1 is the best APS-C unit Fuji has ever produced.

George.

Interesting to hear this from a user of both. It's the decision I'd be making if I was to go back to Fuji - though have to admit, the slashed prices on minty used XT-2 are also a major consideration. Being so used to IBIS and a nice chunky grip on my G80, the H1 would be the best bet for me I feel.

Interesting to hear this from a user of both. It's the decision I'd be making if I was to go back to Fuji - though have to admit, the slashed prices on minty used XT-2 are also a major consideration. Being so used to IBIS and a nice chunky grip on my G80, the H1 would be the best bet for me I feel.

My "Personal" feelings with the two cameras (X-H1 & X-T3) is there is very little hardly noticeable difference in the images produced from either camera. There is a slight difference in the auto focus speed of the X-T3 but for me not enough to warrant changing all our units over. I had a lengthy discussion with my staff togs about if they wanted the slight improvement in auto focus performance of the X-T3 or would they rather stick with the IBS of the X-H1 units, and they were unanimous in with their answers of wanting to stick with the X-H1 units.

George.

It must be the pending launch of the XH2 because when I spoke with WEX & MPB they both Informed me that they had people trading in the XH1’s in droves. WEX had nearly 50 being returned and MPB had nearly 30. Having had the Olympus with the IBIS I can understand some Fuji users wanting the XH1 just because of this but the figures obviously tell a different story perhaps.....

It must be the pending launch of the XH2 because when I spoke with WEX & MPB they both Informed me that they had people trading in the XH1’s in droves. WEX had nearly 50 being returned and MPB had nearly 30. Having had the Olympus with the IBIS I can understand some Fuji users wanting the XH1 just because of this but the figures obviously tell a different story perhaps.....

It'll be the must haves - they get bored of the last gen tech quickly, they have to have the latest and greatest. It's great for the rest of us, bargains!

Still thin k the X-H1 is the best handling camera I've used though I know its personal thing.

Rumour has it the H2 wont be this year maybe they are trading it in for the T3?

I'd say so too, the early adopter XH1 crowd who paid full whack on launch, now looking to some hotter new gear, XT3 it is. It's a tough one for the likes of me if I was to go back to Fuji, the XH1 looks more my style - chunkier body, IBIS, better grip, also now cheaper if you buy used Vs Better tech, eye AF, better video [which I rarely use] better re-sale value and better AF system [again, doesn't really apply to my style]

I'd say so too, the early adopter XH1 crowd who paid full whack on launch, now looking to some hotter new gear, XT3 it is. It's a tough one for the likes of me if I was to go back to Fuji, the XH1 looks more my style - chunkier body, IBIS, better grip, also now cheaper if you buy used Vs Better tech, eye AF, better video [which I rarely use] better re-sale value and better AF system [again, doesn't really apply to my style]

If you brought a used H1 you would probably lose less money in the end if that’s a factor?

If you brought a used H1 you would probably lose less money in the end if that’s a factor?

I'm sure the value will fall like a stone once the X-H2 is announced - just like the X-T2 did. Still it would be a good s/h buy then so it's not all bad news.

I imagine an x-pro 3 would come first. But who knows wihh fuji. Difficult to believe what they tell you these days.

They’ve certainly upset a lot of people with their pricing policy recently.

The way the XH-1 dropped significantly fairly quickly after launch has left a bad taste and the ridiculous on /off saga on cashback is a joke.

I'm sure the value will fall like a stone once the X-H2 is announced - just like the X-T2 did. Still it would be a good s/h buy then so it's not all bad news.

No doubt it will but you can pick up a H1 for £750 ish? Think it likely to go fo £400 ish when the H2 comes out. A drop of £350 in a body when the new model comes out is good going these days.

I was toying with the idea of chopping mine in since I’ve had the X-T3, but from 3 companies contacted, the very best price I was offered for a mint X-H1 kit with the bundled battery grip and 3 batteries, fully boxed and like I say in mint condition was about £600. Thanks but no thanks, at that price il. Just keep it and use it until it falls apart.

I was toying with the idea of chopping mine in since I’ve had the X-T3, but from 3 companies contacted, the very best price I was offered for a mint X-H1 kit with the bundled battery grip and 3 batteries, fully boxed and like I say in mint condition was about £600. Thanks but no thanks, at that price il. Just keep it and use it until it falls apart.
Trouble is, for whatever reason people are selling them on and companies like MPB and Wex are over run with them. currently 24 on MPB. You'd do better selling privately.

Trouble is, for whatever reason people are selling them on and companies like MPB and Wex are over run with them. currently 24 on MPB. You'd do better selling privately.

Imo fuji stitched up xh1 owners by releasing the xt3 so soon after. The h1 was meant to be the pro option but was soon old tech. The h1 should have had the guts of the T3 but is essentially and xt2 with battle armour on. It's still a great camera and if you want ibis and great handling its still the best fuji offer.

Back