Fujifilm X-H1

Thanks Graham.
I got a few yesterday, but was pushed for time in the end. I need to spend a whole day there during the week. It's a goldmine during working hours

The days I'm in the city I'm the stereotypical worker. Walking faster than I'm comfortable with, coffee in one hand and rushing for a train. I've often fantasised about taking a day off, taking the camera and taking my time. Although I'd then probably find I suck at street photography.

The days I'm in the city I'm the stereotypical worker. Walking faster than I'm comfortable with, coffee in one hand and rushing for a train. I've often fantasised about taking a day off, taking the camera and taking my time. Although I'd then probably find I suck at street photography.
I was exactly the same. In fact it took me a good hour to slow down yesterday. I went straight back into my old routine. Head down and march. It took me a while to start looking around like I normally do. Cant wait to get a full day done there

The city. Saw this guy refilling his vape, the shadows were immense.

The city by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, great use of light, well composed, and nicely presented in mono with good punchy tones.

George.

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, great use of light, well composed, and nicely presented in mono with good punchy tones.

George.

Thanks very much George

Blimey, have you looked at the Fuji refurb site recently? X-H1s going for £719!! Most models reduced (if they're not sold out)

Blimey, have you looked at the Fuji refurb site recently? X-H1s going for £719!! Most models reduced (if they're not sold out)

I’m struggling to understand the price drop on these. It’s a seriously capable camera, and yet they seem desperate to shift them on. I’m wondering if it’s pureky the form factor, seeing as Fuji’s seem to be the go to bodies for those looking for lighter systems?

I suspect that they just have too much stock in the refurb store and are going on a clear-out, unfortunately slashing prices like this doesn't help consumer confidence if they have bought at a higher price, and certainly doesn't help their dealers as they have just undercut all their s/h stock.

We are in a race to the bottom........

I’m struggling to understand the price drop on these. It’s a seriously capable camera, and yet they seem desperate to shift them on. I’m wondering if it’s pureky the form factor, seeing as Fuji’s seem to be the go to bodies for those looking for lighter systems?
I think you’ve got it there. I originally moved from Oly m4/3 for higher IQ with only a moderate increase in weight. But my Fuji investment grew with their product releases into something quite a bit heavier, lenses especially. So now, for a similar or slightly lower weight, I’ve gone so-called “full frame” (and guiltily noticed an improvement in IQ) with the Nikon Z6.

It's not just the H1 though, XT3 for £879 on there too, or with the kit lens for £1079.

Less than a month ago I paid £1300 for the x-t3, think I’m gunna send it back for a refund and then buy again saving myself £500.

The heavy discounts are on lenses as well, although almost everything is out of stock, not much point in discounting ! It does make me think twice about buying Fuji in the future, as the resale value of my existing equipment is now at rock bottom.

The heavy discounts are on lenses as well, although almost everything is out of stock, not much point in discounting ! It does make me think twice about buying Fuji in the future, as the resale value of my existing equipment is now at rock bottom.
It's 20% off everything in to 31st March but I would have thought the chance of anything coming back into stock is fairly remote before that date.

I had a closer look at the Fuji refurb store today, the 18-55mm is £399.19 , but If you buy the X-T1 with the 18-55mm it's £399.19 ! WTF free camera ???

I had a closer look at the Fuji refurb store today, the 18-55mm is £399.19 , but If you buy the X-T1 with the 18-55mm it's £399.19 ! WTF free camera ???

It’s bordering on the farcical!

More like an overpriced lens as they only cost £200 more in a kit than body only

Yeah, I thought so. It’s kind of scary how quickly the price of this camera has fallen in just a year.

Yeah I never really understood why why didn't just wait and launch a version of this with the XT3 sensor alongside it,would have given folk the option of bigger body and IBIS or the smaller size XT3 without.

I was lucky, sold the X-H1 just before the price was slashed but it certainly has put me off buying another Fuji at launch as the cashback deals came along within months and the price dropped much sooner than expected.

I still think the IBIS makes the X-H1 the better camera than the X-T3 in many situations, it transforms the usability of the XF56/90 in particular.

Fully agree. Great atmosphere in your photo Nick... just shows how well the XH1 can perform.....Thanks.

Thanks Trev. I have to agree re the XH1. It's inspiring me daily. Just fits and does the job. Contemplating another body at those prices as I have 3 weddings coming up this year.

Back