Fujifilm X-H1

I loved that lens on my old 5D but somehow I got persuaded to sell it to a friend !

Works pretty good on the XH1. I was looking at a comparison between the 90mm F2 and the new Viltrox 85 1.8 for Fuji, and I would day the Canon sits right in the middle. It does have some fringing wide open like the Viltrox but not as bad and is gone once you begin to sop down. The Viltrox seems to still have the issue even stopped down to F4 or so. It works pretty good as a macro lens too with a Raynox 250 attached, not that I've gotten any decent shots using that set up yet but I could see the potential in the missed opps :D

I agree, lovely Fujigraph George.

Just revisiting some old shots until I can get out again (This evening hopefully!)

Inside outside

Soho by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, works for me very well.

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of the Arches underneath the promenade. I've been to this area many times but its the first time that I've managed to catch the lovely early morning light and the tide being out at the same time enabling me to get the snap.

X-H1, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/150th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Underneath The Arches (2) (C)-03272C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Love it George

This is far from my normal image making and I would like your honest thoughts on it.

Hand held X-H1, 90mm f2 at f2 with Nikon original Soft 1 and Soft 2 filters combined.

Glass 1 copy.jpg

This is far from my normal image making and I would like your honest thoughts on it.

Hand held X-H1, 90mm f2 at f2 with Nikon original Soft 1 and Soft 2 filters combined.

View attachment 246511

It kinda reminds me of the older days when photographers would smear Vaseline on lenses to create this softening dreamy effect. I think it might be more interesting if the candle [?] was in water, like a tray of water for better reflections and would add another dimension to it maybe?

It kinda reminds me of the older days when photographers would smear Vaseline on lenses to create this softening dreamy effect. I think it might be more interesting if the candle [?] was in water, like a tray of water for better reflections and would add another dimension to it maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion Keith. I've got a shallow baking tray so I'll put some water in that and give it a try over the weekend.

Should I trade my X-T2 for the X-H1? Torn...

You’ll be hard pressed to tell a performance difference unless you shoot video. I don’t.
For me I found the handling so much better. Especially as I prefer to back button focus.

@trevorbray .... Do you use yours with or without a grip? I have large ish hands, all my current models are Gripped. Is it easier to handle without one fitted? Or does it help with the poor battery life?

Last edited:
@trevorbray .... Do you use yours with or with a grip? I have large ish hands, all my current models are Gripped. Is it easier to handle without one fitted? Or does it help with the poor battery life?

Actually no longer have it. Now back with Nikon. However I decided not to add the grip. I too have large hands and found it to be very comfortable in use.
Always had extra batteries with me.

I was deciding between these 2 very cameras recently. I had the chance to get an X-T2 with grip, spare batteries, kit lens and leather half case for the price of the H1 body only. But I still opted for the H1, for me IBIS alone is worth it. I also prefer cameras to have a nice chunky grip. There are other benefits, the H1 has the superior evf, it has a much nicer shutter mechanism and is better positioned IMO, and you get the top plate LCD. Some don't bother about that but I find I'm using more than I thought I might. End IQ will be the same, the XT2 was already excellent, it's more about the ergonomics and controls. I do not have the battery grip, I might get one at some point but I find the camera comfortable enough without, and just carry a spare battery in the bag.

Bought mine with a grip but mainly because you got two extra batteries with it, don’t think I’ve used the grip as the ergonomics of the body are so nice. IBIS is great and don’t forget it works with adapted lenses

Last edited:
Bought mine with a grip but mainly because you got two extra batteries with it, don’t think I’ve used the grip as the ergonomics of the body are so nice. IBIS is great and don’t forget it works with adapted lenses

Always nice to have extra batteries. I was going to buy a couple of third party ones as my main one seems to run out pretty quick. I bought the camera from Camera Jungle and there was a couple of bits missing like the flash and hot shoe cover, when requesting those I happened to mention that the battery life seemed poor - they sent me a spare Fuji battery along with the missing bits, have to hand it to them for that. I'm finding the 2 batteries are plenty enough now.

A few shots from during the week, testing out the Canon 85mm on the fringer adapter. The 2 fly shots were using a Raynox 250 clipped on to the 85, doesn't do a bad job for macro so the Fuji 90mm should be even better for those that were pondering on a Raynox

Mini Hover by K G, on Flickr

Rusty fly by K G, on Flickr

The scope out by K G, on Flickr

Three very nice Fujigraphs, liking this set very much.

George.

@NickTB .... I have a Fuji 90mm arriving today, managed to find a 2nd hand mint for £500. Looking forward to taking it out at lunchtime, have my Macro tubes with me too.

@NickTB .... I have a Fuji 90mm arriving today, managed to find a 2nd hand mint for £500. Looking forward to taking it out at lunchtime, have my Macro tubes with me too.
You won’t regret it. It’s a fantastic piece of glass

Back