Fujifilm X-H1

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
The standard batteries work just fine in the X-H1 but you'll probably get a warning on the LCD/VF when you switch the unit on stating that it is not an S type battery etc, etc. Nothing to worry about you can use them without any problems, the warning is only an advisory notice and soon disappears from the screens. Although I've not tried apparently the length of each video shot is reduced when using standard batteries.

"Ex-Pro White" batteries work pretty well in these units and usually do not show any warnings when switching the camera on.

George.

Thanks for that George - I may have found some S variant on ebay from Germany. they're 'Patona platinum' and claim to be W126s, might chance a couple of those :)

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Just wondering if anyone else on here adapts Canon EF/s lenses to their H1? I've been doing just that since I got it and find it works out pretty well. But now I have a bit of a predicament. I had planned to grab a Fuji prime like the 35 F2 or maybe even stretch to something like the 23 1.4. But today I got to try out a Sigma 18-35 1.8 [Canon mount] and it works so good on the fringer adapter. It is quiet, fast, accurate and sharp as hell too! It's got me thinking, this lens is like having an 18, 23 and 35 1.8 all in one - it is heavy and pretty beefy for a short zoom, but it has internal zooming so never gets any longer which I like. I know most Fuji owners prefer to stick to Fuji glass, and that makes the most sense. But to me, so long as it works well, I don't mind what make or model the lenses are once I get the results, in this case the camera is most important. As in, I would actually prefer to use these Canon lenses on a Fuji body than on a Canon, weird as it might seem to some. I see loads of people use this same adapter on youtube etc but I don't know if anyone here has tried it out?

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if anyone else on here adapts Canon EF/s lenses to their H1? I've been doing just that since I got it and find it works out pretty well. But now I have a bit of a predicament. I had planned to grab a Fuji prime like the 35 F2 or maybe even stretch to something like the 23 1.4. But today I got to try out a Sigma 18-35 1.8 [Canon mount] and it works so good on the fringer adapter. It is quiet, fast, accurate and sharp as hell too! It's got me thinking, this lens is like having an 18, 23 and 35 1.8 all in one - it is heavy and pretty beefy for a short zoom, but it has internal zooming so never gets any longer which I like. I know most Fuji owners prefer to stick to Fuji glass, and that makes the most sense. But to me, so long as it works well, I don't mind what make or model the lenses are once I get the results, in this case the camera is most important. As in, I would actually prefer to use these Canon lenses on a Fuji body than on a Canon, weird as it might seem to some. I see loads of people use this same adapter on youtube etc but I don't know if anyone here has tried it out?
I looked at this lens for my step-daughter for her gig photography on a Canon Crop body, but there are a lot of people who have had very hit and miss AF with it, and with the very variable lighting of gigs we decided not to risk it (she will probably go FF anyway). When it all comes together the 18-35 is super sharp, but these issues with the AF really put us off, now it may be that the firmware has changed, or that is responds differently with different bodies/adapters, but I would be cautious especially as even s/h its not a cheap piece of glass (and you are right its quite a weighty beast)

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I looked at this lens for my step-daughter for her gig photography on a Canon Crop body, but there are a lot of people who have had very hit and miss AF with it, and with the very variable lighting of gigs we decided not to risk it (she will probably go FF anyway). When it all comes together the 18-35 is super sharp, but these issues with the AF really put us off, now it may be that the firmware has changed, or that is responds differently with different bodies/adapters, but I would be cautious especially as even s/h its not a cheap piece of glass (and you are right its quite a weighty beast)
That's a concern for sure, the one I tried might just have been a very good copy. I had the Sigma 35 1.4 in the past and had to return the first copy even after trying to calibrate it using the dock. It just would not stop back focusing. The second copy I received was perfect. But I thought with mirrorless these issues weren't a problem?

Last edited:
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a concern for sure, the one I tried might just have been a very good copy. I had the Sigma 35 1.4 in the past and had to return the first copy even after trying to calibrate it using the dock. It just would not stop back focusing. The second copy I received was perfect. But I thought with mirrorless these issues weren't a problem?
I'd be more concerned with the reliability of the focus, if I have an AF lens, I just want it to focus correctly, every time

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I'd be more concerned with the reliability of the focus, if I have an AF lens, I just want it to focus correctly, every time
It seemed precise and nippy during the minute or so I tested it, but again could be that he had a very good copy. The more I think on it the weight could end up bothering me. It's certainly not a casual throw in the bag just to have with you set up. Such a nice lens though, there's a couple going for reasonable prices over here but they're a bit further out of reach than just a simple pop over to test out. I would be taking a bit of a gamble. If I did decide to go for it I'd be better to go with MPB or other trusted company in case I got a dud.

Last edited:
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out today (First time in a couple of weeks) with the intention of testing myself by asking complete strangers if I could take their photo. I actually found it fairly easy after the first one. I'm a people person anyway so striking up a conversation is relatively easy for me. Plus, my first one turned out to be an actor/model so that helped! Definitely intend to do more of this kind of photography

Below are a couple that I've processed this afternoon. I'm also experimenting with some different presets in LR

Sketch
by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Sketch
by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of some old bits of machinery which are some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind to rot.
I've deliberately gone for a darker higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay and the mood of the area etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/400th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (24) (Dungeness)-03280
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a simple snap taken at Dungeness Kent UK of some old bits of machinery which are some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind to rot.
I've deliberately gone for a darker higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay and the mood of the area etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
VERY moody shot George. I like it!

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of some old bits of machinery which are some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind to rot.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Nice, I love the moodiness - I also like the theme of your project,