Fungi from Amoshan

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
This is a short video about our (myself and my partner, Catherine) recent trip to Amoshan in Yunnan, China. It is not a location that you will find in Google, except for references to this video, and you will not be able to visit it as a tourist, though you can go to nearby areas like the world heritage Honghe Rice Terraces, which are well worth a trip.

View: https://vimeo.com/241361059

Chapeau, Steve!

Along with the sunshine and my morning coffee,
Catherine's video really is a cool start, thanks!

Chapeau, Steve!

Along with the sunshine and my morning coffee,
Catherine's video really is a cool start, thanks!

Glad you like it old bear. It's a great privilege to be able to go to places like this. Really good fun too. Catherine does the video and I do the still pictures. We have a good system now. and have got to see a lot of Yunnan.

Very interesting video. Amazingly diversity of fungi.

Gosh - looks like it's not just a casual hobby!! Fascinating video. My idea of heaven is wondering about the forrest discovering new things!!

P.S. Nice to put a face to a person

Wow!,

Wonderful and totally inspiring. Come the spring I'll have to look down more when I'm walking through the local woods.

Howard

Last edited:
Gosh - looks like it's not just a casual hobby!! Fascinating video. My idea of heaven is wondering about the forrest discovering new things!!

P.S. Nice to put a face to a person
It did start as a casual hobby but somehow I got "discovered" and things went from there. I took up photography as a hobby about 17 years ago and started taking fungi about 10 years ago. I have now learnt quite a bit about how fungi fit in as well and while I'm not an expert, I am a well informed amateur. It does show how photography can lead you to some interesting places.

Wow!,

Wonderful and totally inspiring. Come the spring I'll have to look down more when I'm walking through the local woods.

Howard
Autumn is probably best in the UK, but Spring would also work.

Back