Fungi ID

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I came across these whilst out the other day, probably only my second capture to date of fungi :shrug: but they are always interesting to look at. Unless it got wings I am not used to cropping and editing it properly :D so yeh if anybody could ID it, I would be grateful.
Thanks for looking

Fungi.jpg

Sorry have no idea, but its a really nice looking fungi. Very nice shot of it too! :)

Sarcoscypha coccinea or Scarlet Elf Cup!

EDIT: By the way, its edible!

Last edited:

:thinking: Ok Baz I will go with that but hope you dont mind if I google it first before frying it in butter:LOL:
Shall be making my last will and testiment out today, 50D and 70-200 F4L:D

I can't help on the identification but I can say its a lovely photo of the fungi.
(y)

Really love the look of this, shows the cup pefectly, I always have problems getting the depth of them, like the jews Ear it always looks flat, so any hints about how you took this be appreciated. Difference of opinion here as it says in the book I have DK Pocket Nature that it is inedible, so have to your own research to be certain.

Last edited:

Deffo Rich, Scarlet Elf Cup! Sarcoscypha coccinea I posted one on TP 2 weeks ago and it was on TV Clicky to thread

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwtSltkff48&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwtSltkff48&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Dave

Last edited:
Difference of opinion here as it says in the book I have DK Pocket Nature that it is inedible, so have to your own research to be certain.
Just to add to this, the book also contradicts itself when describing Orange Peel Fungi and adding a note about Scarlet Elfcup saying edible but both non poisonous.

Cheers Dave, I do believe you :LOL:. I was reading a piece about it and the person said whilst edible, it is tasteless and rubbery, so why bother eating it :shrug:. Fair point I suppose as it looked more at home in the woods than in my kitchen :D
Cannot really give any tips dunedin :shrug: I had my 70-200L lens on with the 1.4 TC, I was in fact out for a stroll to see what feathered animals were about when I came across it.

Back