GadgetGadgetGadget.com

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
Yes
I generally work on the principle that if a thing looks too good to be true - it usually is.
There is a lens (in which I am interested) advertised on the above website at an extremely attractive price.
Obviously it is a grey import - that apart, the reviews seem to be pretty mixed.
Has anyone any experience - good or bad?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Domain created 18/10/2017 so not much time to have built up any reputation and the whois information is masked by privacy ... wouldn't inspire confidence in me. :)

What's their payment methods accepted - if you end up pulling the trigger (I wouldn't given the above info from @gramps), then pay by credit card, assuming you have insurance against fraud and dodgy dealings on it. That would cover you 'short term'.

But as for the quality of the lens and any warranty, that's a different matter

What's their payment methods accepted - if you end up pulling the trigger (I wouldn't given the above info from @gramps), then pay by credit card, assuming you have insurance against fraud and dodgy dealings on it. That would cover you 'short term'.

But as for the quality of the lens and any warranty, that's a different matter

They only accept PayPal - should give protection?

That's good then - I think they'll cover you

They only accept PayPal - should give protection?
Not long term if things go wrong later, have you checked other better known 'grey' suppliers like Panamoz?

Not long term if things go wrong later, have you checked other better known 'grey' suppliers like Panamoz?

Yes, their price is better than other, better known grey import suppliers.
The particular lens is being shown at a “special price” marked down from their regular price that is in line with other grey suppliers.
I’ve emailed them asking some pertinent questions, and am checking the protection that PayPal provides.
Subject to satisfactory answers I’m still tempted!

caveat emptor!

Back