Game of Thrones Series 6,7 & 8 - Contains Spoilers

i couldn't see much detail during the battle
it seemed overly dark
maybe i need to watch the recording and fiddle with tv settings
Didn't have too much trouble. Lights off, blinds shut, curtains drawn, very old telly (50" Pioneer Kuro plasma) .

I will try lights out to see if it improves the quality

Does anyone on here watch the episode breakdowns on YouTube by Newrockstars and Altshiftx? Find them fascinating and means get to watch part of the episode again lol

Jon's always been impulsive though, part of his charm (cf the calculating Cersei, and now Sansa seems to be doing the same).

So one of the top headlines in my Apple News is a spoiler for today’s episode. Great!

I was a little frustrated with this episode and trying to not reveal any spoilers here but damn it:

Danarius and the North seem to have zero intelligence on what's going on in the south including where an entire fleet is hiding and also a pretty impossible-to-hide mass of giant weapons. Yet, Cersei (and Euron) appear to have amazing intelligence including timing, location, direction of entry etc. Then there's the line-of-sight issue, coupled with amazing accuracy (on the first instance) and the upward trajectory restriction of around 45 degrees being ignored: come from above and ignite surely? She already knows about this weapon as it was previously used in the battle where Bronn saves Jamie at the last minute.

They've got a lot to squeeze into a short season and I think it's showing. Still amazing though :)

When 6 episodes were announced, I had my doubts... The first 2 episodes heightened those doubts.... 3rd episode was good but again, felt rushed, this 4th episode was definitely rushed.... Corners cut.... This final season deserved more.... Lack of books to turn to has made a huge difference.... Hoping these last 2 episodes will be amazing..... But I'm losing hope....

Calling it now, Jon kills Dany due to her turning into Cersi MK2. Jamie kills Cersi as he has turned to the good side and it solves the Euron baby issue. Cue punch up with Jon and Jamie.

Im struggling to see how they give bran a purpose. It's running out of time to explain him. Especially if we have one of the last 2 episodes being another non stop battle. But since they gave the night king zero plot fill then I wouldn't be surprised if this is all bran does.

Salted caramel frappucino, I thought :)

Agreed with the above, lots of short-cutting in the story telling, but they've got to wrap so much up it's not surprising. In addition to the glaringly obvious line-of-sight issue, how did Dany's army get to Knot's Landing so quickly, and wouldn't Arya & The Hound already be there by now, as they left first and would move much more quickly & didn't go via Dragonstone.

What I really didn't like was that Bron appears to be behaving completely out-of-character, he was good mates with both Jamie and Tyrion at some point. Just didn't ring true.

Still massively enjoyable though.

Im struggling to see how they give bran a purpose. It's running out of time to explain him.

Reincarnation of the night king, can't believe it was that easy to destroy him
We never did find out what the night king wanted him for

As for Jon, he didn't even say a proper goodbye to Ghost :(

My theories:

Daenerys takes out Euron.

Varys kills Daenerys cos she’s going more and more bonkers.

Jamie tries to kill Cersei but gets caught. Arya adopts Jamie’s face and does the deed instead.

Jon gets killed by the Mountain. The Hound then kills the Mountain.

The last man standing is Gendry. He’s been legitimised by Daenerys so has a claim as the heir of Robert Baratheon. Also he must have been spared by the Red Witch for a reason? Arya said she didn’t want to be a lady but I suspect she wouldn’t turn down being his queen.

Sansa rules the north with Tyrion.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first half of the episode, return of political intrigue and general mardiness atop a wall. Second half full of holes but still enjoyable.

We have two episodes left so I guess between them there is one full length battle and one plot resolution.

I think Sansa FTW although this is made for an American audience and they don’t like complicated endings (bless) so I suspect it might all be a bit mundane - Danni is now so blatantly positioned as a tyrant she won’t win.

Bang goes all my theories, what an episode !!!
Actually left me feeling quite ill to be honest. Unexpected and unpleasant to boot. Good for the story though, looking forward to see where it goes.

I'm not liking these longer episodes though - same amount of story just dragged out with more scenes of the same thing - got to use all the B roll I suppose.

It's going to be interesting to see how it all ends, I thought Ayra final scene with the Hound was very
touching and unexpected.
I'm just wondering whether Yara will reappear in the final episode ?

Yes, another excellent episode, even if it was quite bleak. Seems Dany finished what the Mad King couldn't.

I suspect it'll finish up very near where it started. Someone has just killed a mad Targeryan monarch (Jon kills Dany then gets eaten by Drogon), there's a Stark in the North (Sansa), a Lannister on the throne (Tyrion, direct inheritance from Cersei), a Greyjoy (Yara) & a Baratheon (Gendry), all with some legitimate claim to the throne.

Last edited:
I've really enjoyed this season but it seems like the die hard fans of the books are not happy, based on their reviews on imdb.

I've really enjoyed this season but it seems like the die hard fans of the books are not happy, based on their reviews on imdb.

They started a petition to get season 8 remade FFS! :rolleyes:

Awwwww Ghost :love:

Obviously spent all the budget on the penultimate episode! Bar one or two moments, the last episode could have been wrapped up by a few of those 'xxxx moved to Alaska and is now happily married and manages a 7/11' type captions in the closing credits :)

I think they did alright with the ending, it was always going to be a big ask after such an epic number of seasons and to fit it all into six episodes as well must have been very difficult for them.

I didn't expect the Jon / Danny scene, although did he have the right to do that? Smacks of hypocrisy, what makes his choice for the future any more right than the choice she had for the future? I thought Arya would have played a bigger role though.

Lots of open ends there but I doubt we'll see any more of it as it's perhaps the right time end it. Potentially some spin offs following individual characters? That would be quite good, especially Arya and also Worm - some potential character development there.

I quite enjoyed the last episode, not really sure what else they could have done? Bran is a bit of a head-scratcher, blatantly not 'the best story' but it'll do.

Favourite bit was Sam suggesting democracy :coat:

Prequel already in production in Belfast.
Set millennia prior to GoT.

Yes, I think it was a reasonable ending. The real surprise was Drogon - obviously he understood what had been going on, I presumed he was just a dumb weapon.

I debated the end with my girlfriend and some friends and we thought Daenerys would die and we narrowed it down to John or Tyrion so not bad guess.
That's two of my favourite programs (big bang theory) finishing this year and Vikings will have it's last season next year.
I've only read the first book but I've really enjoyed game of thrones.
HBO will have to go a long way to top GoT imho.

Back