Garden Sunrise

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Hello All,

I've only recently joined but thought that I probably ought to post an image. So here's one from earlier in the week. I saw the colours as I was having coffee in the kitchen and just ran out into the garden to snap this. It was taken before golden hour and the colours died very quickly. What do you think?

Sunrise_0003_150119.jpg

Beautiful sunset indeed!

From a photography aspect, a sunrise/sunset & nice sky on it's own doesn't generally make an interesting enough subject for a really compelling photograph so (if you are interested) you could try finding a subject which you can put in the frame to compliment the colours. Maybe a silhouette of a person or animal, or find some water to reflect some of that nice colour!

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with you. I literally ran into the garden in my dressing gown, with tripod and camera, to 'record' the sunrise if you know what I mean. I can do far better with regards to composition, honest :angelic:

Hello All,

I've only recently joined but thought that I probably ought to post an image. So here's one from earlier in the week. I saw the colours as I was having coffee in the kitchen and just ran out into the garden to snap this. It was taken before golden hour and the colours died very quickly. What do you think?

View attachment 235432

it's more dynamic with the cloud blur and the telephone poles add a good perspective
the placing of the horizon...not too low...gives a great balance to the dark overtones of the clouds
this is a photo which appeals the more its viewed...no frills
cheers
geof

Thanks very much, both. Part of the reason for getting out to capture the shot was actually to try out my new LEE filters. It was these that allowed me to slow things down and capture the movement in the sky. Thanks for noticing :D

Very nice Sunrise shot, nothing more to be said(y)

George.

Back