GENERAL TESTING 15.10.15 - DONINGTON PARK

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shot's i took during the general test session at DONINGTON PARK - kit used CANON 5D MKii with a CANON 70-200mm F2.8 lens & CANON 600D with a SIGMA 150-500mm lens. - All comments & advice welcome.

#1image.jpeg #2image.jpeg #3image.jpeg #4image.jpeg #5image.jpeg

Since it was obviously cloudy on that day and the nature of the subject,
this situation offers you pretty much all the freedom to tweak some sliders
to bring up some graphic elements in the picture. Here, a suggestion:

car92pp.jpg

Last edited:
(y):)Thank you for the advice Kodiak Qc.
All comments and advice are much appreciated as i'm still a newbie at Motorsport photography nearly 2 years.
Practice makes perfect!!

Great cars but for me they are a bit 'flat', could do with a bit of space to drive into and not sure if it's where you have uploaded them from but all are very soft.

'SORRY'

.DAVID.

(y):)Thank you for your advice David.
I know they're not perfect, with practice makes perfect.
Thanks again

Thanks robert For the advice. I like the change that you made.
I will get there eventually in perfecting my shot's, & I'm at DONINGTON PARK at every test so I can get the practice in.
I've followed you & ive also liked your Facebook page.
Thanks again.

I'd certainly be looking at the hosting issues, as you have some cracking kit, which would offer good options at Donington.
It doesn't look like the weather did you any favours, but you've found some decent angles free of the catch fencing.
The shots all look like you've been fairly brave with the shutter, which has brought about some good wheel blur, but the softness of the images detracts from this. There are some elements of sharpness, but I wonder whether your autofocus settings were optimal for what you were shooting.
I'd be looking to use AI-Servo for these type of shots, and track the car for a short while before shooting. Aim to get focus on a critical part of the car: front grill or helmet if shooting from the front, or the number if shooting from the side.
It's best to start at a higher shutter speed to start, to ensure that you are getting the sharpness of the image that you want, then reducing down to get the level of blur you desire.
Also, whilst frame filling car shots do have a place, I think its nice to factor in the surroundings, by shooting a little wider. Donington isnt the most scenic of circuits, but there is definitely potential there to make some very pleasing shots.
And yes, a little contrast and clarity can help motorsport shots in PP, so it can be beneficial to have a tinker, once you are confident that you are getting the most out of your camera first of all

Thanks matty for your advice. All comments & advice appreciated.
Yes i have my cameras set on Al-servo & im at the general test again on the 22nd October so i will be getting plenty more practice in!!

Thanks robert For the advice. I like the change that you made.
I will get there eventually in perfecting my shot's, & I'm at DONINGTON PARK at every test so I can get the practice in.
I've followed you & ive also liked your Facebook page.
Thanks again.

Thanks!, I wondered how it was at first, and then I remembered this post :)

Back