Georgia

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Shot with a friend recently at a local nature park, just having a play around. I generally hate shooting near trees/woods but it suits her look so well!

Tried some stuff out. Pretty pleased with these ones. Just happy to be out and about shooting again, but feedback would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Love the first one, I'm guessing that's because it feels like a natural emotion just captured accidentally.

I like them all. Any critique would be nit-picking but since you asked ;)

1. Love the movement in this and the high angle works well. It often doesn't. It's a slight shame that the eyes are in shadow - the result is that my eye is drawn to the dress. And I'm not sure what all the white spots are - have you added a texture layer?
2. I'd tone down the flare top right and the highlights generally - and the skin has a bit of a green cast, but otherwise it's very cool.
3. I find wistful portraits gazing up out of the frame incredibly difficult to get right; they're one step away from a Grattan catalogue. I like the styling, light & composition though.

I rarely comment on bokeh stuff 'cos I don't normally care but I find the background in 3 a bit crunchy. Maybe tone down the local contrast in that region?

hth

Love the ethereal look of number 2 - the use of space behind her gives an indication of her 'domain' :)

...And I'm not sure what all the white spots are - have you added a texture layer?

Thanks for all the feedback, definitely some interesting points. I did add a texture layer with the white specks, it just felt like it needed something to add to her movement.

What lens did you use? I'm curious about the bokeh.

It's a Sigma 24mm f/1.8, haven't used it before but quite enjoying it!

Love the ethereal look of number 2 - the use of space behind her gives an indication of her 'domain' :)

Thanks! I feel like this nearly hit the mark with what I was going for but not quite. Still fairly happy with it :)

Back