Getting a good deal in Jessops P'boro

I've dealt with Jessops twice in the last year - each time to buy a 40D. Each time, they were cheaper than the other local camera store, cheaper than the local pro dealer and had stuff in stock, were well informed and well mannered. I would be very sorry to see them go. I also bought my 5D from them as it was a good price.

People moan, but bricks and mortar shops have high overheads and distribution. I for one would be sad to see them go from the High Street and I think we'd all miss the convenience. I am getting increasingly annoyed about how hard it is to try a product before you buy it these days. Mobile phone shops have plastic space models instead of the phone so you don't know how it works. Seeing the picture on a telly before you buy is a luxury now.

I think losing the ability to try cameras for feel before you buy without travelling to a major city would be a huge loss for a lot of photographers and I think the people that try in shop and then buy on line must be prepared to carry responsibility for some of the problems.

Paul

but how much did they knock off?

For the body and lens, they knocked off a significant £163.18 compared to Jessops price and I only purchased the body and lens, no extra items.

I am not in any way suggesting all of Jessops staff are dummies but the one I encountered certainly was!

Last edited:
cant say i have had a problem with them, they were kind enough to let me try out camera bodies and lenses when i was looking a while back, infact there knowledge helped me changed my mind from a sigma 50-500mm to the Sigma 100-300 which was a fantastic decision.

i shop on there site when i get my stuff and collect at store and when i have i've had no problems

Back