Getting a negative developed

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

I've got some old photos that I took in 1994 of an athletics meet at RAF Cosford. I was doing work experience with school.

They were shot in b&w and I developed them myself, I've got one in 12x16 but it's not exposed quite right. I have better developed smaller one's.

Pic is below, scanned in (from smaller ver). Looks better than the developed one, you can see their muscle definition better and there is more reflection in the water.

If I was to send the neg away (please advise where to) I assume all the focusing and exposure I had to do manually would be automatic now? Want to get it framed, so would rather have it looking it's best.

Or would it be better to just send the digital version for re printing? (@ 12 x 16)

1274010969_da1a6bcd42.jpg

Many Thanks

Jon

If the shot above is actually the full frame of the shot then i'd send it to Ilford to get a proper silver-gelatine black and white done. If however you did a selective enlargement of part of the neg. you'd probably have to get it enlarged over-size and crop down the paper copy yourself, or send the digital version away for printing. I'm assuming that you don't already have a local lab where you could go in get the selective enprint done, as you're asking on here ;)

Bigyin - It's the full frame shot, it was just printed out larger. Will try Illford.

I might have a lab locally, I haven't shot film since about 1996 so I don't know, stupidly I traded it all in for a compact digital camera, one of the first.

Worst decision I ever made!

There are plenty of people in the back of AP magazine that do traditional hand printing that you could send your negative to.

Just looking at Ilfords site, I could get the negatives scanned in.

I only developed a few, there is some other good photos too.

Back