Getting Large Prints done.

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have some prints which i'd like to get printed. I want some around the A3 mark and some around the A2, possibly A1 mark.

I've also recently had some photos printed by the likes of Photobox. They are their 'poster' printer and go upto the A1 size and are reasonably priced. The problem is though is that the quality is poor...the paper is very shiny and not the quality i want.

Yesterday i went to an art gallery in manchester (chinese arts centre) to see a photo exhibition...they had printed large prints on a paper which had a much higher quality and realy looked quite matt. I like this much better.

Where can you reccomend to get some really large HIGH QUALITY matt prints. The likes of photobox/truprint are good for the odd snap and smaller photos...but i dont think the paper/printing quality is that great.

Loxley or if you want posters (BIG prints) that are good, posterxxl.com

Carl.

after reading this thread, I went down to DSCL today and got 2 of 30x20 prints done, fantastic service, and really pleased with the results.

:plus1: for DS Colour. Had some 15x10s in both gloss and lustre and they were great. Even managed next day delivery when I only paid for 3 day turnwaround. Always use them now.

the good thing with dscl is how such a small business can offer such a good service, the first time i went i couldnt find the shop (walked past 3 times) before someone showed me the shop and tbh wouldnt consider using any other printers anytime soon.

Just ordered a 20x16 with DSCL so lets hope they are good. Seemed to take my picture really quickly on the server, hope it takes the full file size.

Just a quick well done for DSCL. Ordered a print on Thursday, as per post above and it was delivered on Sat morning. It was framed and hung by the end of Sat too.

High quality print, good price and great service (36 hour turn around!!). I will defo be using DSCL in the future.

I've been having problems finding a printing service that offers matt - lustre is far too glossy - in A3 upwards or the equivalent. The few I've found seem to be extremely expensive.

Quite surprising, for me anyway. I lived in South Africa until recently, and most big shopping centres had a photo outlet that could do this easily and fairly inexpensively.

Back