Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Thinking of having a trip there next week
Anyone been and any tips on which hide to use etc
Any images?

Hi Dan

We went the other month fab place heres some of my photos we stayed on their campsite in our campervan for 4 days (y) I used most of the hides also by the gate were they go in the field with the tractor is a good place to stand, also theres a badger set at the top of the hill

Last edited:
Cheers Dave
Nice pics, should get a few good ones if the weathers nice
What lens did you use? going to take my 150-500 sigma

We stayed on the campsite has electric hook up £14 a night free entry to the hides, and its got free wi fi as well ask Chris or Lena for the password (y)

Last edited:
We've been twice and it was fantastic. If I was not going away for a few days we would be going tomorrow as the snow would add a great backdrop to the kites.

we have used both the £10 and £15 hides. I prefer the cheaper hide. Lower down and personaly get the better shots.

When people say the sky is filled with kites they are not kidding. Be counted over 400 on our first visit and about 200 on the second.

There is also a white kite that shows up. For us it was there on both accations. It turned up towards the end though and the second time we had left and was using the toilet at the top when we saw it come over. Ran back to get the shots.

Fantastic place. Make the journey.

White kite came only once in the 4 days we were there fab site missed the shots it circled dived once and left :( the public hides are free (y) its the dedicated togs hides that cost eg the high one and the ones with large viewing windows

Last edited:
The only problem with shots of Red Kites taken at Gigrin is they are almost always just bird against a blue sky shot. If anyone lives near the M40 coridoor you should try that out, it's red kite heaven, plus you can get up on higher ground in some places so you are on the birds level as they soar above the countryside :)

Actually red kites are they only species that I can see easily living in the wildlife blackspot known as West London!

The only problem with shots of Red Kites taken at Gigrin is they are almost always just bird against a blue sky shot. If anyone lives near the M40 coridoor you should try that out, it's red kite heaven, plus you can get up on higher ground in some places so you are on the birds level as they soar above the countryside :)

Aston Rowant nature reserve, just north of the M40, is an excellent site. Loads of Kites, often below the top of the hill. And one of the best spots is just a minute's walk from the car park.

Actually red kites are they only species that I can see easily living in the wildlife blackspot known as West London!

Blue Sky......here in Wales? You been on the Whisky again Rich? :thinking:

:D(y)

drew

I would disagree with the blue sky shots. The hill to the right gives you a great back drop with trees around. Yes you can get just sky behind but if you think about the shots and follow the birds then you get a great back drop and if your in the upper hides then you get the grown if you wish in the shots.

Personaly I would make the trip. were thinking of going on Saturday.

Back