gitzo help.

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
Hi,just asking for help,I currently use a manfrotto ball head ,do you think it's worth investing in a gitzo?

If the Manfrotto does everything you need it to: no.
If it doesn't: maybe.

A bit more information would kinda help here, y'know? Which Manfrotto do you have? Which Gitzo do you have your eyes on? Why? What gear do you use? What do you photograph?

Hi,just asking for help,I currently use a manfrotto ball head ,do you think it's worth investing in a gitzo?

I'm a long time user of both brands but I would
need more input to help you.

What and how you want to shoot… and, precisely,
what head you have already?

Thanks both,I've been using a manfrotto metal trip pod and ball head but recently bought second hand a carbon one that came with a gitzo ball head GH1780qr but with no attachment plate to screw onto the camera,it's not the normal size plate and I went into jessops and they don't have them.

…recently bought second hand a carbon one that came with a gitzo ball head GH1780qr but with no attachment plate to screw onto the camera,it's not the normal size plate and I went into jessops and they don't have them.

What tripod was that with the GH1780qr?

Thanks both,I've been using a manfrotto metal trip pod and ball head but recently bought second hand a carbon one that came with a gitzo ball head GH1780qr but with no attachment plate to screw onto the camera,it's not the normal size plate and I went into jessops and they don't have them.

Gitzo legs are brilliant but imho their heads are not so good. Like manfrotto they have their own plate system and some heads are adaptable to arca Swiss. However they are lever lock and sensitive to the actual size arca Swiss plate you are using.

I like gitzo legs for strength/low weight and looking good (!) but I am putting sirui arca Swiss ball heads on them.

Only Gitzo ballhead I can comment on is the G1177M, removed the top plate and replaced it with a screw up Arca Swiss clamp.

Locks up solid, compact and light, fits well on a lightweight travel tripod and relatively cheap

Never had any of their larger heads, preferred Markins and also have a Photoclam, only use Gitzo legs though

I quite like my manfrotto 190go carbon but the sirui ball heads are pretty nice too.

I use a GH2780 head [the big brother to yours] on my GT2541 legs but I took off the top plate and fitted an Arca-Swiss compatible Wimberley clamp. The GH1780QR seems an odd choice instead of a Manfrotto head given the price difference, but since you've got one, it would be simple enough to get a Gitzo QR plate - http://www.gitzo.co.uk/product/GS5370C

Back