Given films cameras

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
My Father dug out his film cameras at the weekend and gave them to me to do with as I please (y).

I am now the proud owner of a Miranda F with a 50mm f1.9 lens and various acessories. Ok this is completely manual and comes with a Weston light meter.

I used this camera back in the 90's when I was learning photograph (for the first time)

He purchased the Miranda F in around 1967 and replaced it in the 80's with a Miranda (but this was infact a Dixons rebadged Corsina body).

I have a Macro 28-70 lens and a 135mm f2.8 prime (It appears that this boady takes Pentax K lens?)

So I might use the newer Miranda and see how I get on with the odd film or two and maybe the Miranda F on the odd occation (maybe just for posed portraits)

Use it once and you'll be hooked - you realise that?

Arthur

Just loaded my first film into the Miranda MS-3, now looking for somethings to photograph !!!. (I had some free film so it is fuji a little out of date and ASA 800) but so far it has cost me the same as digital :D (until I have taken 36 photos that is !!)

There was a nice 135mm f=2.8 prime in the bag for it, which is so much nicer than the "kit" lens. Will be using the 135mm more.

Can anyone confirm that it it a Pentax lens fit on this Miranda?

Will post the results (if there are any keeps in due course.

I am pretty sure Miranda started with their own bayonet thing (has a bit sticking out the side rather like Exakta), then went M42, then Pentax - so you are probably correct.

Arthur

Tescos for the cheap processing once you've finished.

So I've heard ... but can be hit and miss.

I guess everyone just gets them on CD these days and doesn't actually bother with the old 6x4 prints ? :LOL:

(Probably buggered up the first couple of frames already getting use to the half press pressure :bonk: )

Going to put it in the boot of my car and see if I come across anything tomorrow on my travels.

Seen a few cheap lenses on Ebay, but my better half would not be happy if I started spending ££'s :rules:

If I get C41 stuff developed at labs/minilabs, then I always get prints made, that's what colour neg's made for.

If i'm shooting E6, then I just get the developing done, and scan 'em myself. If it's 35mm and a shoot from somewhere special (rather than just a local wander) then i'll probably get them mounted as well.

MF E6 stuff just gets dev'ed and scanned.

As for BnW, that's all home brew, souped and scanned. Until I get a spare room for a wet darkroom, that'll have to remain my process.

Well I tend to look through the photos and then get the ones I want printed, but I must admit you can't beat opening that envelope at the shop and taking a peek to see what's come out, Well I suppose you could beat it by developing yourself, but I have far too many other hobbies and interests to start doing that too!

Guys
Just had my 1st 2 films developed in over 10 years at Tesco, and have to say the quality was very average.

After a quick google, found these http://www.photo-express.co.uk/ , £4 for developing and scanning, to a reasonable resolution.

Anybody used them / are they any good?

Ian

Back