Glasgow police: is this even legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a person who proudly drives dangerously you're just as responsible for making the country a more dangerous place as the yobs and hooligans you purport to hate.
You're in the same moral category - a selfish criminal.

If what I did was dangerous, I wouldn't have done it. A quiet road, no other traffic about. It isn't and will never be dangerous. There was no malice or intent to injure/kill to my crime, maybe silliness and a disregard for the speed limit at that moment and time. That makes me very different. If you cannot see that, then that makes you stupid.

Plus my crime and the OPs are streets apart, please explain why what I did, is relevant here?

Last edited:
That is wonderful, but how is it relevant?

It's relevant because you can't help yourself slagging off the Police because you got done, deservedly so. Boo, hoo. I've a damn sight more reason to dislike authority then you have but I'm not that bitter and twisted and hope I am mature and sensible enough to be able to accept responsibility for some of my actions and (at the risk of getting banned), try not to go about acting/speaking like a complete cock..

It's relevant because you can't help yourself slagging off the Police because you got done, deservedly so. Boo, hoo. I've a damn sight more reason to dislike authority then you have but I'm not that bitter and twisted and hope I am mature and sensible enough to be able to accept responsibility for some of my actions and (at the risk of getting banned), try not to go about acting/speaking like a complete cock..

Not true, I stated a view I feel they'd be better placed working on different crimes etc. You are the one mentioning my sec 2 conviction perhaps to make yourself look clever?

So this escalated quickly then. Was looking for my sarky reply from @BRASH and had to go searching for it!!

It's there though, isn't it! ;)

In the outside world, I'm having a difficult day today ... please get this thread back to its brilliant comedy scarcasm and away from all the serious, self-righteous sanctimony!! :whistle: :naughty: (y)

Not true, I stated a view I feel they'd be better placed working on different crimes etc. You are the one mentioning my sec 2 conviction perhaps to make yourself look clever?
It would take far more than that to make the idiotic oaf appear clever.

...and I have already detailed how they have been working on other crimes and detailed the facts of the efforts they have been putting to that. What's their motto 'Keeping People Safe.' That includes on the roads as well as city center streets, domestic environments, schools, homes, the work place etc etc.

I don't even have to try to make myself look clever next to you and you've openly discussed your conviction at length on various occasions already sometimes to the point of making it look like a badge of honour imo.

If the speed limit is 40 and your doing 45,then it is entirely your fault. Nobody makes you speed,so take the consequences and don`t start moaning about it.

If you should get let off at 45, for example, where does that end? People doing 46 would then plead for clemency. Utter nonsense,the speed limits are there for a reason,so just adhere to them or don`t whinge like a baby if you get caught.

...and I have already detailed how they have been working on other crimes and detailed the facts of the efforts they have been putting to that. What's their motto 'Keeping People Safe.' That includes on the roads as well as city center streets, domestic environments, schools, homes, the work place etc etc.

I don't even have to try to make myself look clever next to you and you've openly discussed your conviction at length on various occasions already sometimes to the point of making it look like a badge of honour imo.

People like you seem to mention it. I find it odd. I never mentioned a badge of honour, you did.

If you believe that the police are really making it safer here, I find that comforting, but I don't see these druggies being rounded up. I walk down Suchiehall st at lunch, am and pm and there is always one out of it loonball on the loose.

Spell it out. Please.

Ok, I'll give you my interpretation of what ghoti said.
Your opinion in this thread has been repeatedly stated as the police should not be out trying to catch motorists committing offences while there are yobs/druggies etc on the streets of Glasgow with a potential to do you harm or at least make you feel threatened.

Your motoring offences (yes plural, I knew you'd had a previous SP50 prior to the 138mph run) come into ghoti post as, I hope I can be clear enough here for you to understand, if the police were not out trying to catch motoring offences you would be free to drive however you pleased whenever you pleased, or in other worlds like an idiot in the opinion of most people (you'd probably still have your licence now).

Therefore your opinion is not the one to be relied upon as the most sensible unbiased one. Like I said earlier, you are entitled to your opinion just don't get all defensive when people disagree/challenge it as you have admitted in other threads that you know you are in a minority in the opinion you hold about motoring offences in general.

To the OP, if this was a wind up thread, well done that man, mission achieved, if it's genuine then just pay the fine/do the coarse IF you get a ticket although it looks like you may have panicked/ranted at a flashing yellow light in the first place which is kind of funny :)

In the outside world, I'm having a difficult day today ... please get this thread back to its brilliant comedy scarcasm and away from all the serious, self-righteous sanctimony!! :whistle: :naughty: (y)

Fuggit! I want comedy! Not tag-team wrestling starring the Brascter Brothers!! :rolleyes:

Fuggit! I want comedy! Not tag-team wrestling starring the Brascter Brothers!! :rolleyes:

Yeh well, just keep quoting your own posts, that's quite funny:wacky:

I've held this view long before I could even drive. My folks house had an attempted break in, some knife yielding scummer, 999 called, no dibble for ages. However, you'd see dibble with speed guns and big BMWs around. It struck a chord early in my childhood. I have plenty of experiences to base my views on law enforcement in the UK that would be unaffected by my actions/driving record. So it is unbiased, despite what you wish to say. You also have to consider malice/intent. Driving a bit quick is naughty but knife yielding, armed robbery is not and intentional. We need more police on streets, not bobbies in BMWs.

PS, lets say I wasn't caught. I doubt the world would be a less safe place.

Last edited:
People like you seem to mention it. I find it odd. I never mentioned a badge of honour, you did.

Yes I did but that's my impression of how you portray it.

I do apologise, i`ll jump in my car do 90 on the nearest motorway, come back and whinge like a f*****g great tart................;)

I'm no half wit. A f***wit maybe but no halfwit.
I wonder what a cross between a f*** wit and a half wit wit would be, a f***inghalfwit? A halff***wit? or just a spacker?

I've held this view long before I could even drive. My folks house had an attempted break in, some knife yielding scummer, 999 called, no dibble for ages. .

just tell them you've shot the intruder dead - that'd guarantee a quick (and armed) response :LOL:

I know.

I'm twice as witty as you!

Being twice as witty as brash makes you a 1/32 wit ... its not something to brag about tbh

I do apologise, i`ll jump in my car do 90 on the nearest motorway, come back and whinge like a f*****g great tart................;)

Only if you think you may have been caught, or seen some flashing orange lights................otherwise it don't count for nowt ;)

Do 138 mph then cry about it when you get banned - that always gets a good response

just tell them you've shot the intruder dead - that'd guarantee a quick (and armed) response :LOL:

Being twice as witty as brash makes you a 1/32 wit ... its not something to brag about tbh

Sadly due to the mis informed wailing after the Dumblane disaster, it is impossible to get a gun for self defense.

Last edited:
I wonder what a cross between a f*** wit and a half wit wit would be, a f***inghalfwit? A halff***wit? or just a spacker?

Did somebody already mention the phrase 'complete cock?. Like buses eh??

Only if you think you may have been caught, or seen some flashing orange lights................otherwise it don't count for nowt ;)

Even then it's only funny if you can get nicked for 41.4 mph or 156 mph ... nothing in between is that funny! :p

Sadly due to the mis informed wailing after the Dumblane disaster, it is impossible to get a gun for self defense.

I dunno - in glesgeh you can probably buy automatic weaponry in some pubs ;)

Guns have NEVER been available here for self defence. Another spouted inaccuracy.:rolleyes:

Self defence isn't a "Good reason" for possession of a firearm* and, as far as I know, it never has been. Dunblane has nothing to do with that.

*Except in Northern Ireland

I've been on the wrong side of the law more times than I can remember and battered by the cops for stuff I never did but also got away with stuff I probably should have got a slap for. I got over it and I don't bear any grudges. I treat the Police with the respect they deserve at the particular time, some earn it some do not.

I get stereotyped all the time because of what I am and try not to do that to others and certainly not the Emergency Services and Armed Forces.

OK Mr self-confessed. Maybe it is time you take a long walk to the nearest police station and make a full written confession?

Small staff edit to remove a little snippet of text that could be misunderstood.
DF

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back