Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I've never seen such nasty and cunning tactics by police to clearly extract cash. They put temporary limit of 40 instead of 70 on M8 from Edinburgh for miles on a clear empty road, and set up a trap. If you are one of them I hope you are really ashamed and burn in hell. I don't think they got me, but you never know. They have certainly made journey longer, less safe, and caused a lot of distress, and put many motorists in a very bad situation. Really, can I complain anywhere about such stupid dibble actions? Police is mean to protect residents, not setup nasty traps to innocent people.

P.S. Avoid dibble-infested M8 to Edinburgh from Glasgow as plague. Use M80 / M9 instead.

Reactions: ST4
Police don't place temporary speed restrictions on roads, they don't have the legislative powers to to that themselves, the local Council roads authorities are responsible for that. The Police may well enforce such restrictions tho and if in the knowledge these restrictions exist (they have to be sufficiently signed) you break the speed limit in these areas, you deserve what you get. I suggest you know the facts before you blow off and spout pish!!

Last edited:
Police don't place temporary speed restrictions on roads, they don't have the legislative powers to to that themselves, the local Council roads authorities are responsible for that. The Police may well enforce such restrictions tho and if in the knowledge these restrictions exist (they have to be sufficiently signed) you break the speed limit in these areas, you deserve what you get. I suggest you know the facts before you blow off and spout pish!!

Well f*** thieving Glasgow council working in tandem with dibble then. What is the problem with clean empty road at night? Not enough money, that is the problem.

About a year ago I had cause to assist in the running of a local charity event in my area and had to go through the local council roads depart to have temp speed restrictions placed on a stretch of road so I know the legislative and logistical process of arranging this.

Any money generated from speeding fines in Scotland goes into the coffers of the Court system and has sod all to do with the Police generating money for themselves I believe. So yer wrong on that point as well.:rolleyes:

Bottom line is don't speed in restricted areas if you do suck it up and stop being a spoiled wee cry baby on some infantile rant about something that's yer own bloody faultl.

About a year ago I had cause to assist in the running of a local charity event in my area and had to go through the local council roads depart to have temp speed restrictions placed on a stretch of road so I know the legislative and logistical process of arranging this.

Any money generated from speeding fines in Scotland goes into the coffers of the Court system and has sod all to do with the Police generating money for themselves I believe. So yer wrong on that point as well.:rolleyes:

Bottom line is don't speed in restricted areas if you do suck it up and stop being a spoiled wee cry baby on some infantile rant about something that's yer own bloody faultl.

You will find I am well-behaved motorist, but place crazy restrictions and you may even catch the Pope himself. I am sure you understand it well enough just won't admit it publicly. And this is not to say that I got done (I was being overtaken by a few cars at a time as well). Dangerous, greedy and unnecessary. Just avoid M8 and all the cops on there. Avoid Glasgow altogether if you can.

P.S. Why do police tolerate excessive speeding in Clyde tunnel and at a same time keep rather crazy speed limit of 30? So is not 30 then, or what? It is a pure mess....

Last edited:
Why are the restrictions in place? I assume you don't have a clue (evidently). There has to be a reason, they can't legally just decide to reduce the speed limit on a road willy nilly without good cause. Maybe you should write to the local roads department and ask them to advise you personally the next time they are thinking of committing such a heinous outrage. Alternatively, you could pay attention to the signage, stick to the speed limit and stop whinging about ***k all.

Why are the restrictions in place? I assume you don't have a clue (evidently). There has to be a reason, they can't legally just decide to reduce the speed limit on a road willy nilly without good cause. Maybe you should write to the local roads department and ask them to advise you personally the next time they are thinking of committing such a heinous outrage. Alternatively, you could pay attention to the signage, stick to the speed limit and stop whinging about ***k all.

Indeed there has to be a reason, and tonight it was a TRAP. I am not stupid. M8 is well known for being dangerous to license. So where do I complain to exactly?

FFS. Not stupid?? They can't do it to trap motorists, that's not a reason to restrict the speed on a road. From the crap you've spoken already I doubt you have grounds to complain to anyone. You could however maybe, ask your local Police or roads department to explain why the speed has been restricted, they may tell you they may not I don't know.

For what it's worth, I got a speeding ticket a wee while ago and as much as that p***ed me off and the cops that gave me the ticket were a pair of sarcastic nobbers it was my own bloody fault for failing to see the speed reduction sign and breaking the limit. I swallowed it up, paid the fine and points on my license.

Of course they will come up with some ill-though excuse. It is well known they are after trapping people at any cost.

Some foul things are better avoided in this life. Like knives on the street, drugs or M8

Of course they will come up with some ill-though excuse. It is well known they are after trapping people at any cost.

Some foul things are better avoided in this life. Like knives on the street, drugs or M8

You obviously just don't have a bloody clue. You can't argue against ignorance. So I won't:rolleyes:

They do even worse things actually. On a couple occasions last month I saw they closed slipway to M8 near the tunnel... just to put a dibble car-speed trap up there. It is surely a lot more important to catch people and force motorists drive through a dangerous part of Glasgow for 4 miles wasting time to join motorway. There are really odd things happening with that motorway within Glasgow boundaries.

Oh dear, we are having a bit of a wahhhh, aren't we?
You broke a speed limit and got caught, that's the only reason you're tossing the teddy.
If you'd not been caught, we'd never have heard of this "outrageous" speed limit.:LOL:

Driver in crying about getting caught exceeding the imposed limit shocker.

I agree with brash and bernie on this, did you not see the big round red circle with the number on?

The police (calling them dibble is a little childish lets face it) are probably enforcing it as, at least around here, temporary limits are the most often flouted and generally there's good reason for them I.e damage to road surface, barriers, or work being carried out etc (just because you can't see the work men.. They may be up an embankment etc).

Last edited:
It's only legal if they have all the paperwork in place and the signage is correct.

Isn't there some sporting thing on in Glasgow at the moment? That would be why.

I agree with @BRASH oh what has happened to me.... lol

Though I am surprised Brash carried on past the first reply as clearly wasn't going to get through to OP but never the less all replies are correct and Bernie hit nail on head as did @neil_g with the usual restrictions in place.

Ooh blimey!

I've just realised!

... you were alright till you made friends with ST4!! :whistle:

It's only legal if they have all the paperwork in place and the signage is correct.

Is it Haggis hunting season already? :eek:

Even bad weather can be a reason for temporary speed restriction, if they are expecting a certain stretch of road to flood, high winds, etc, so no, the reasons aren't always as immediately obvious as a few guys in high vis jackets and some flashing orange lights.

Oh and of course debris in the road, possibly a lorry spilt its load of dummies and teddies.

.........a few guys in high vis jackets and some flashing orange lights.

The village people are back together? :LOL:

YV
There's 2 types of speed restriction. One put in by the HA, the other a restriction put in as part of planned works. The first wasn't, and may still not be compulsory. The second is.
But, in the case of the first, if it still hasn't been passed into law as a compulsory limit, exceeding the posted limit is evidence of reckless driving. In case of the second option then it's speeding per sae.

YV
There's 2 types of speed restriction. One put in by the HA, the other a restriction put in as part of planned works. The first wasn't, and may still not be compulsory. The second is.
But, in the case of the first, if it still hasn't been passed into law as a compulsory limit, exceeding the posted limit is evidence of reckless driving. In case of the second option then it's speeding per sae.

Bernie, shush.... ;)

If you'd not been caught, we'd never have heard of this "outrageous" speed limit.:LOL:

It's me so you are fundamentally wrong there. Imagine all your roads halved in speed. Good luck. Don't celebrate me getting the fine so soon though.

Ooh blimey!

I've just realised!

... you were alright till you made friends with ST4!! :whistle:

Reading this I am now certainly inclined to take on the ST4's full ideology on-board.

yeah ,in your own little world and mind .

Well, not any more. I can 100% promise you that. Revenge time.

Driver in crying about getting caught exceeding the imposed limit shocker.

I agree with brash and bernie on this, did you not see the big round red circle with the number on?

The police (calling them dibble is a little childish lets face it) are probably enforcing it as, at least around here, temporary limits are the most often flouted and generally there's good reason for them I.e damage to road surface, barriers, or work being carried out etc (just because you can't see the work men.. They may be up an embankment etc).

red sign? No red sign there. Flashing yellow thieving turd.

Even bad weather can be a reason for temporary speed restriction, if they are expecting a certain stretch of road to flood, high winds, etc, so no, the reasons aren't always as immediately obvious as a few guys in high vis jackets and some flashing orange lights.

Oh and of course debris in the road, possibly a lorry spilt its load of dummies and teddies.

So I've gone the full length and the only dangerous thing there is police car with flashing lights on the hard shoulder just before the limit expires. Who is telling porkies then?

I appreciate when there is something wrong and they are fixing, but not when you do miles after my after mile and there is no sign of danger and a trap right at the end. Even if you don't get caught you get a very bitter taste in your mouth when you realise what a thieving hole I am now living in.

not for another few days and it takes them 1s to switch on the number. I bet they have flouted the rules or gone really close. I might send something to daily mail. I used to respect police until last night (sort of :p) but clearly not any more, not a little bit.

I've never seen such nasty and cunning tactics by police to clearly extract cash. They put temporary limit of 40 instead of 70 on M8 from Edinburgh for miles on a clear empty road, and set up a trap. If you are one of them I hope you are really ashamed and burn in hell. I don't think they got me, but you never know. They have certainly made journey longer, less safe, and caused a lot of distress, and put many motorists in a very bad situation. Really, can I complain anywhere about such stupid dibble actions? Police is mean to protect residents, not setup nasty traps to innocent people.

P.S. Avoid dibble-infested M8 to Edinburgh from Glasgow as plague. Use M80 / M9 instead.
I did have some empathy for you, until I read the whole rant. It can be easy sometimes to miss a speed notification. I did it myself a few months ago, happily drove past a speed camera at 50, saw it coming even & checked my speed, only for it to flash when I past it. Missed the reduction from 50 to 40. These things happen, it was nobodies fault but my own. Just suck it up fella, pay the fine/do the course and just put it down to one of life's little tests.

So I've gone the full length and the only dangerous thing there is police car with flashing lights on the hard shoulder just before the limit expires. Who is telling porkies then?

Dangerous? If you'd been looking further than the end of your the end of your bonnet, flashing lights would have been visable for miles at night. If you can't avoid that on the hard shoulder, then there's a problem with you. In which case, please, surrender your license because you shouldn't be on the road.

I appreciate when there is something wrong and they are fixing, but not when you do miles after my after mile and there is no sign of danger and a trap right at the end. Even if you don't get caught you get a very bitter taste in your mouth when you realise what a thieving hole I am now living in.

Stop trying to blame someone else for your poor driving. Like I said, you only have to match 2 numbers, it's not difficult for any competent driver. Now, please stop whining, it's just making you look like a dick.

I did have some empathy for you, until I read the whole rant. It can be easy sometimes to miss a speed notification. I did it myself a few months ago, happily drove past a speed camera at 50, saw it coming even & checked my speed, only for it to flash when I past it. Missed the reduction from 50 to 40. These things happen, it was nobodies fault but my own. Just suck it up fella, pay the fine/do the course and just put it down to one of life's little tests.

Torry government is what this horrible place deserves. Doubt there will be anything to pay for doing 44

This is just too funny!
It's likw watching a kid throw a tantrum in public. You know you should movw along but you can't help watching :LOL:

Dangerous? If you'd been looking further than the end of your the end of your bonnet, flashing lights would have been visable for miles at night. If you can't avoid that on the hard shoulder, then there's a problem with you. In which case, please, surrender your license because you shouldn't be on the road.

Stop trying to blame someone else for your poor driving. Like I said, you only have to match 2 numbers, it's not difficult for any competent driver. Now, please stop whining, it's just making you look like a d***.

How is it not dangerous when somebody is doing 40/50 and somebody else at 80 (not me)? The cops there were idiots. Glasgow roads are full of really poor drivers, but they don't do anything about it, because it is easier for them to setup traps like this on M8. All they want is fines and easy to write reports. They don't care about public safety for a bit.

The police was behind a sharp-ish bend by the way, not that it matters too much. I certainly shouldn't be on that road ever again, because thieves are not making any money of me. I shall make sure my next car will contribute to climate warming and road erosion as far as possible. A big SUV that is.

Torry government is what this horrible place deserves. Doubt there will be anything to pay for doing 44

Excellent!

Now it is the governments fault :clap:

....why don't you move if you hate it so much?

This is just too funny!
It's likw watching a kid throw a tantrum in public. You know you should movw along but you can't help watching :LOL:

No, I am fed up with them and I will get this as far as it needs. They need to be exposed in their tracks, named and shamed.

Excellent!

Now it is the governments fault :clap:

....why don't you move if you hate it so much?

I am in a month or two... just looking for a place well north of the dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back