Glasgow University Cloisters.

Dale, you're giving me a great pleasure
with this photograph. Thank you!

I love cloisters views and this is no exception, a very good conversion ... however they are very tricky and in this one there is a very slight lean to the left :)

It kinda looks like a pencil sketch. Very symmetrical.
What a great place to photograph. Nice job mate.

I love cloisters views and this is no exception, a very good conversion ... however they are very tricky and in this one there is a very slight lean to the left :)

I see what you mean, maybe straigtened the verticals a little too far?

It kinda looks like a pencil sketch.

I pushed the details and contrast quite hard.(y)

Thanks for the comments, appreciated. :)

I see what you mean, maybe straigtened the verticals a little too far?

Possibly ... I just did an auto-adjust in ACR which seemed to work pretty well, though not 100%

26176747860_f49afb9b97_b.jpg

One of those places I've always fancied visiting and this cracking photo makes me even more determined to get there some day. Are they easy to get into and how do you keep the punters away while you take the photos? :thinking:

"Cracking" shot Dale, spot on composition, well controlled exposure giving good detail in the shadows & highlights, and a nice mono conversion.(y)

George.

Are they easy to get into and how do you keep the punters away while you take the photos? :thinking:

Very easy to get to, although it's also easy to walk past them. I managed to find them but if you're not sure, just ask, somebody will point you in the right way. Regarding the punters, you just have to wait for your moment, so I spend that time setting up my composition etc, then take the image when I can. Sometimes though, a bit of human interest doesn't hurt.(y)

Cloisters by Dale, on Flickr

thanks for all the comments. :)

Absolutely love them (y)

bar the lean in the first.

Straightened just a tad too far I think, will correct it later. It was very leany inwards before my correction as the camera was virtually on the ground.

I found a 600D on the floor that day. After a Facebook campaign, I managed to get it back to the owners. (y)

Well done Dale, great shot with perfect symmetry! I don't know if I prefer your original and cropped adjustment, but they are both exceptional!

Great shot dale, I really like the symmetry and a good mono conversion, it looks an amazing place and you've captured it well. I like the inclusion of the ghostly images in the portrait version as well.

Cheers guys.

I almost took the figure out of the portrait version but I prefer it with. It was an accident to get the figure on the stairs but I'm glad they walked into the exposure. :)

If anybody is ever in the area, this place is worth a visit and not difficult to get to.

This is giving me the fear, because 20 years ago I had to queue there to wait to go into exams! Didn't always appreciate the aesthetics around me when I was stressing about 19th century Romantic poetry or Syntheitc Grammar theory. Although the last time I was there I was half cut at my graduation so i guess I should relax...

Great photo OP!

Cheers Ewan. I know quite a few people who have stood there waiting to take exms and they all say about the fear. :LOL:

Very nice shots Dale.

Some great work here sir seemed to have coped pretty well with verticals and my there are some verticals.
Excellent set.
GEORGE.

Very nice!! This just made my spine tingle :)

I prefer the portrait version too. Great composition.

Cheers George, Ivan. (y)

I think the portrait is my fave.

Back