dave
Edit My Images
Yes
a quick question on this please chaps

lucy1.jpg

any idea how i can ...........
(a)get rid of the glare in my daughters glasses
(b) stop it happening as much in the future

the shot was taken indoors, the light you can see is coming through the patio doors , no flash,i could see in the previews it was causing a problem so i i ended up taking some without her glasses on, but really i feel they are a part of her and so i should be able to take a pic of her with them on

maybe instead of shooting straight at her shoot from the side and have her facing away from the light source:shrug:

Its been asked many times, tilt the glasses down, and lower on the bridge of her nose, and try get the lighting side on rather than in this at 9 o clock

BTW lovely shot bar the glint from the lights, exposure looks great

think this would be spot on without the glasses

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I hope you don’t mind the edit, but if you have a quick play in Photoshop you can really lift little Lucy’s eyes etc.
K9shbwREUJEolgYR7T03ks3kskXL0101011613kskXLVEprFLji.jpg

Whilst I think the colour is slightly off in the original image, I think your edit of the eyes is way overcooked. The girl's (sorry don't know her name) right eye looks much too bright compared with the left.

To OP, just tilt the glasses as already advised, takes a little practice but is not too hard.

a quick question on this please chaps

lucy1.jpg

any idea how i can ...........
(a)get rid of the glare in my daughters glasses
(b) stop it happening as much in the future

the shot was taken indoors, the light you can see is coming through the patio doors , no flash,i could see in the previews it was causing a problem so i i ended up taking some without her glasses on, but really i feel they are a part of her and so i should be able to take a pic of her with them on

maybe instead of shooting straight at her shoot from the side and have her facing away from the light source:shrug:

Again Dave, A bit of PS will lift your subject out of the gloom and make the highlights in her glasses less of an issue.
K7ImMLVDqrCq0cac1o03ks3kskXL0101018613kskXLVEprFLji.jpg

How about using a polarizer? :) Are they used for reducing/removing glare on relective surfaces like windows, water etc? Just might work.

Whilst I think the colour is slightly off in the original image, I think your edit of the eyes is way overcooked. The girl's (sorry don't know her name) right eye looks much too bright compared with the left.

To OP, just tilt the glasses as already advised, takes a little practice but is not too hard.

I think your missing the point Ed, :shrug: that was a quick 2 minute edit of a download. If the Starter were to spend the time working on the original image he can achieve wonders. This was not posted as a Photoshop lesson :cool:

I have been having the exact same issue taking pictures of my daughter-i am going to give this another go as i have tried repositioning her glasses and never quite got rid of glare.

If you want the glasses in the shot but no reflections, how about taking the lenses out of the frames whilst you take the picture & replace it afterwards?

....how about taking the lenses out of the frames whilst you take the picture & replace it afterwards?

I tried that once and broke the frames :( - although some frames are easier than others.

Or get her an AR coat on those lenses! Sorry this thread's bringing out the salesman in me! :coat:

+1 totally unnatural bordering on the freaky.

If you want to seperate an egg white from a yolk, does it matter if you use the broken egg shells or filter it through your fingers?

In my mind there is no definetive way to do it 'properly', just one way or another (to quote Blondie ;))

If what you do looks good to you, then it's all rock & roll

If you want to seperate an egg white from a yolk, does it matter if you use the broken egg shells or filter it through your fingers?

In my mind there is no definetive way to do it 'properly', just one way or another (to quote Blondie ;))

If what you do looks good to you, then it's all rock & roll

The difference is, doing it the proper way you have a picture of someone wearing glasses, do it your way you have a picture of someone wearing a pair of empty frames....;)

The difference is, doing it the proper way you have a picture of someone wearing glasses, do it your way you have a picture of someone wearing a pair of empty frames....;)

I hate to break it to you, but almost all adverts advertising AR coatings with the "with coating/without coating" comparison actually are a pair of specs with lenses and a pair without lenses. If the photographer shooting the adverts for specs can cheat why can't Joe Bloggs?

think Marks edit is a bit over the top its lost the quality and urm softness/feeling of the shot, and the forced white BG is to much, losing hair and too much saturation, originals much better but needs some WB adjusting

I hate to break it to you, but almost all adverts advertising AR coatings with the "with coating/without coating" comparison actually are a pair of specs with lenses and a pair without lenses. If the photographer shooting the adverts for specs can cheat why can't Joe Bloggs?

Well, I hate to break it to you, but that would fall foul of the ASA regulations governing the truthfulness of adverts..;)

Regardless of the legalities of advertisers lying in their adverts, what both of you are basically suggesting is, rather than just say to the sitter "could you turn to the left/right a bit?" it's better to ask them if you can remove the lenses from their glasses? :LOL:

Whether it does or it doesn't, it goes on.

Popping lenses out specs especially plastics is so simple anyway there's no harm in doing so. Anyway I'll not stick about to argue about it.

Interesting related fact : To stop this happening in Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe wore glasses with no glass in :)

It's not about cheating, it's about getting the shot you want, & if by doing so, you do things that others don't approve of, if you like the end results, let them complain that it's not the proper way to do it whilst you enjoy your picture.

If you want someone looking straight down the lens, to ask them to turn to the side because they wear glasses gives a shot you didn't want, whether it's 'proper' or not is in the eye of the beholder. If you think the image is obvious that the lenses have been removed, it'd be dead easy to adjust the areas where the lenses should be.

There's no wrong or right in these situations, just getting the results you want using whichever method you prefer. Remember, there's more than one way to skin a cat!

Simples. If doing seated ports like that. use 45degree lighting and shoot through the middle of the lights.

You also set the lights ar shoulder level when you are standing up. this still highlites the eyes and takes all reflection away from glasses.
you will see the reflection when looking at your subject and if the boxes or brollies are showing as said above... just get subject to tilt chin forward/down slightly. you want have any probs....

don't waste time in photoshop.....defeats the object and takes up valuble drinking time...

this is what we do for the school ports. just set the lights at your shoulder height when you are standing up.

Easy.

Back