Glencoe in M/F

Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from a drive to glencoe at the weekend, my best shots so far. I ended up shooting 6 rolls and got mostly rubbish results but a few stood out, still got some to scan in but got bored doing it tonight. My hasselblad seems to be skipping frames and im not sure why, 4 shots in each roll havent been exposed at all, not sure if theres an order to when they appear though. also theres a lighter strip down the side of some frames. New light seals?

3009150970_6a604aff6f.jpg

high-res
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/3009150970_6a604aff6f_b.jpg

3008310541_1b39193070.jpg

high-res
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/3008310541_1b39193070_b.jpg

3009145076_abebc47389.jpg

high-res
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/3009145076_abebc47389_b.jpg

3008303993_98bb33feb3.jpg

high-res
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/3008303993_98bb33feb3_b.jpg

Superb!

Can I ask which lens you have on the blad and what film you used? These are just soooooooo rich :)

Woah! That last shot's something else. Gets my vote for sure. :)

Thanks for the comments

Superb!

Can I ask which lens you have on the blad and what film you used? These are just soooooooo rich :)

Only the two last shots were with the blad and i think it was astia with the 80mm planar.

the first two were with my bronica and velvia.

I got better results with the bronica than the blad and they seemed a bit sharper aswell so think i might keep it aswell if i can.

Im with 68lbs the last one is stunning well done (y)

Wow. Theyre gorgeous.

That last one though just jumped out of my monitor and smacked me in the face.

Horizons are off..... I had to say that cos wow :) Stunning detail there.

Stunning colours - no 4 is outstanding

Looking at these pictures I almost feel im there they just pull you right in there. Superb.

Damn, those are good. Would love to know what settings you used on the 'Blad?

These are the kind of shots that entice people to try out M/F - well done (y)

They are really stunning. Can I ask a couple of questions?

What film do you use?
Where do you get them developed?
How do you scan them?
Do you process the scans at all?

Now that medium format is becoming afordable I am getting tempted...

Stunning shots, last one especially. The drive across Rannoch Moor is always an event, whatever the weather, and the shots capture it beautifully. Really well done! (y)

Loving the last!

Outstanding shots.
I'd give my left tes2*%@$ to get shots like that.
As said, No 4 is the biz - brill !

No 4 is superb! (y)

The first and last ones are just superb.

The second one is spoiled by whatever the blue stuff is in the immediate foreground.

echoing everyone else's comments; just stunning results. can't add more I'm afraid!
p.s. get a spirit level ;)

Thanks for all the comments, I was quite dissapointed to get so little good shots out of what i shot but thats the nature of film i suppose, especially when your just starting out.

very nice, like them all, unfortunately they are over the size guidlines ofr the forum, 800 pixels on the longest side.

Have had to break the links sorry.

Edited the first post with smaller versions now.

Very nice shots, the strip down the side could be light seals or the film could have come unraveled a slight bit when you took it out of the camera? did you bracket your shots?

Will see if its there on the next rolls i put through, its the skipping frames thats bothering me more. I did bracket the shots but alot of them came out with an under exposed foreground but i guess theres nothing much you can do about that unless you have filters.

Damn, those are good. Would love to know what settings you used on the 'Blad?

These are the kind of shots that entice people to try out M/F - well done (y)

Havent been writing down the settings for each shot but think ill probably get a small pad for next time .

They are really stunning. Can I ask a couple of questions?

What film do you use?
Where do you get them developed?
How do you scan them?
Do you process the scans at all?

Now that medium format is becoming afordable I am getting tempted...

The last 2 shots were fuji astia on the 'blad and the first two velvia on the bronica. Velvias definitely my favourite film now, as soon as i get a tripod attachment for the blad im gonna put a few rolls through it.

I get them developed at peak imaging, there not the cheapest around i think its about £3.40 a roll but i posted these on monday morning and got them back on wednesday.

Scan them myself at home on an epson v500, not cheap but with it being about 15 pounds a roll to get it developed and scanned to cd from peak it wont be long until its payed for itself.

Just did a quick process on these ones cropping and sharpening and i think a tiny bit of contrast on a couple but the colours are pretty much as they are on the slides. Also did some quick cloning as i cant seem to keep the slides clean at all, they go straight from the sleeve to the scanner but still end up with dust on them somehow. I think i might rescan some of them at a higher resolution and do a panoramic crop.

Horizons are off..... I had to say that cos wow :) Stunning detail there.

echoing everyone else's comments; just stunning results. can't add more I'm afraid!
p.s. get a spirit level ;)

I never used to understand why people used spirit levels with dslrs but now i can, i find it near on impossible to get straight horizons with the waist level finders, find myself pointing the camera in the totally wrong direction sometimes aswell.

I used to use a ball head but it was such a faff to find the spirit level, then put it on the camera, then pick it up again when it fell off, that for MF I switched to a 3-way head with integral levels. Life's a lot easier now.

Fantastic shots there mate, and a lovely location :clap:

I really struggle getting landscape as I want it to be, these are truly impressive,well done...........(y)

Gobsmacked. Like seriously.... I hope you're entering the TP 2009 calendar with one of these beauties?

I'm so glad I kept my Bronica ETRS. I soooo have to get up to Scotland with it soon!

Back