Glencoe

Edit My Images
No
Hello, after driving through the area on the way back from Skye a couple of months ago i have arranged (at the last minute) to go camping at Glencoe. Now i stopped off at one location and shot this

Scottish Highlands by QuietAndy, on Flickr

Can any one suggest locations near that i could visit. I have only been the once and that was just passing through so directions/map would be very beneficial. I do not normally ask as i find finding the shot to be part of the challenge of a great photograph. However my time is limited hence the reason of asking.

So i will eagerly await your help as i pack my Midge net and repellent.

Thanks

Andy

Blackrock cottage.
Take the turn off the main road signposted for the ski centre and you will see the cottage ahead of you.
Park opposite and you can get shots looking towards BEM

3706964923_0033f6b2fa_b.jpg

There are also lochans on either side of the main road.
Oh and the turn off for glen etive will take you down a very scenic route to loch etive at the bottom.

Many thanks for the help. I will try to find that cottage. It looks a rather nice scene. We will be hiking all day on Saturday so i will have my camera with me to capture some (hopefully) nuce scenic shots.

Also does any one know the exact location of the "Skyfall" shot. One of my friends is a Bond nut and he would like a shot from there.

Not quite sure where the skyfall shot is but a bit further down the A82 you have Rannoch Moor and where the road goes past a small loch there's a couple of places you can park up and get a good shot of the loch with the mountains to the rear. Another iconic shot of the Rannoch Moor/Glencoe area.

My most favourite part of the Highlands, if not anywhere I've ever been!!

Also does any one know the exact location of the "Skyfall" shot. One of my friends is a Bond nut and he would like a shot from there.

I can't think of which shot you mean by the 'Skyfall Shot'

Show me the shot I'll be able to tell you where it was taken though as I'm in and around Glen Coe a lot.

There were a few Skyfall Scenes shot in Glen Etive further down the Glen from Buachaille Etive Mor including that scene where Bond and M are talking on the road by the car.

Last edited:
I am getting my areas mixed up. I am thinking of the shot where Bond and M are standing on the roadside looking down the valley.

Well thank you all for helping out with locations. To say thank you here is my best shot of the trip (in my opinion). Let me know what you guys think.

Sunset over the Glen by QuietAndy, on Flickr

I have fallen in love with the place and will be going back again soon.

Stunning shot of the cottages. I like the first one too (I took the wife to the waterfalls and she instantly fell in love with the view). Hoping to go back at the end of this year(y)

I went last September and it was nothing but heavy cloud and rain... Drove up from Swindon. Not a single decent shot.

Thats the Scottish weather for you. I was very very lucky in that it was sunshine all weekend. Was worth the risk in my eyes.

Back