Gloucester Cathedral Cloisters

Is that what is called Flamboyant Gothic? Awesome!
What are the "channels" on frame #1?

The patina brings up specular surfaces and an interesting
visual aspect to the shots.

Did you only blend the exposures or did you blend and PP?

Is that what is called Flamboyant Gothic? Awesome!
What are the "channels" on frame #1?

The patina brings up specular surfaces and an interesting
visual aspect to the shots.

Did you only blend the exposures or did you blend and PP?

I wonder if maybe it's where they washed something?

I processed the five RAW files in adobe camera raw to provide five TIFF's which I then put in Photomatix to do the blend, very little was done in photoshop after - I think I just reduced the saturation down a little

Fantastic images showing great exposure and HDR treatment :)

The cloister was completed in the time of Abbot
Frocester 1381-1412; the lavatorium in the north walk was presumably also built at that
time.
The lavatorium, the monks’ washing place, is a vaulted rectangular space opening out of
the north walk of the cloister. In it against the south wall is a stone channel in which the
monks washed their hands: the water derived from lead tanks which would have stood on
the ledge behind the channel. The tanks were fed by lead pipes from a spring on Robins
Wood Hill. Outside in the cloister was an underground stone tank which predated the
lavatorium; this tank, possibly originally part of the flushing system for the drains, served
as a drain for the waste water which exited via stone channels (Welander 1991, 223, 229;
Heighway 2000)

The cloister was completed in the time of Abbot Frocester 1381-1412; the lavatorium in the north walk was presumably also built at that
time…

Thanks for that!

like that gothic look...have you bought photomatix?
cheers
geof

Nice set, good processing as well (y)

It's really embarrassing that I live in Gloucester but have only ever been to the cathedral once and never with a camera - it's an amazing place that I must visit.

It's really embarrassing that I live in Gloucester but have only ever been to the cathedral once and never with a camera - it's an amazing place that I must visit.

The trick is visiting when it's not full of tourists! I think it's £3 for a photography permit too - even for residents....have to say I pop in there quite a bit so don't always pay - I usually still have the last permit stuck on my wallet....I did suggest they looked in to have a residents photography permit where they could charge say £10 to cover a full year.

Back