South-West England Gloucestershire

Edit My Images
No
Anyone know of the best places in Gloucester and surrounding areas to take landscape/ nature photos please?
Debbie

All along the river, over both sides, forest of dean, tintagel etc,
devils chimney in leckhamsted, eastnor castle was interesting, south cerney lakes, Lechlade

Realistically too much to mention...

As suggested it might help to specify at bit what sort if images you are hoping to take eg vista or plenty of attractive Cotswold villages

Gloucester Cathedral, the Docks area especially at night, Saul Junction on the canal, the Stroudwater Canal , Woodchester Mansion shut from October 31st until April but the park is open all year with some good views, 5 lakes and an interesting Boat house. if you want to go a bit further then Cirencester has a fantastic Church ,a very large Park, a regular market, Painswick is worth a stroll around with a nice Church and very interesting Table Tombs in the Churchyard, the commons around Stroud such as Minchinhampton, Rodborough and Selsley.. among the villages surrounding Cirencester are some untouched by tourism so have not changed much in years plus the largest number of Saxon/Norman Churches in the county lie within a 4/5 mile radius of Cirencester in these villages. Prinknash Bird Park, open all year, Slimbrridge Wildfowl Trust.
hope you can find some thing from that lot, happy shooting :)

Last edited:
Cornwall is a bit far from Gloucestershire. And Tintern is in Monmouthshire
Typo - brain not working in time with fingers. And it's not that far from Gloucetershire. I can get there in 50 mins from wiltshire...

The Christmas lights and ice rink in the docks in Gloucester

Thanks everyone. I mostly take
Landscapes but architecture and nature are of interest too. I live in the centre of glos so have done the docks to death!

how about Bibury, its not that far from Cirencester and is very photogenic

The common up above Dursley (it has a golf course on) - you can see lots of the Severn Vale if you follow the paths around the edges of the common.

Basically anywhere near the edge of the cotsworld Escarpment and the associated valleys will get you views - Wotton-under-Edge, Stroud, Minchinhampton, Nibley monument etc

Back