GMail Inbox Issue

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help?

I use gmail, as soon as I have opened an email it disappears. I can find it in my Archive folder, but why do they disappear please? Any suggestions would be most helpful :)

New mail,
Dissapear 2.jpg

One click later
Inbox Issue.jpg

And the inbox folder is empty

Last edited:
That looks like Apple Mail.

Have you set up any rules that you have forgotten about?

Mail->Preferences->Rules
Hi Elliot, yes sorry, iMac Apple mail.

I've checked the rules and no, nothing unusual there.

When I log into gmail via Google, it acts normally! All the emails are in the inbox?

I have the same issue with my Hotmail account, in fact if having a Hotmail account wasn't essential for Xbox I'd have deleted the account years ago.

On an iMac Richard? sorry, re-read your thread!!

I have the same issue with my Hotmail account, in fact if having a Hotmail account wasn't essential for Xbox I'd have deleted the account years ago.
Pretty certain you don't need a hotmail account for XBox. My son has a couple of newer xboxes and uses me.com and gmail email address.

I have an old 360 and use an email from my own domain.

So even though Apple Mail is moving the messages to the Archives folder, they are still in the inbox when viewed in Gmail?

Do you have Apple Mail setup as POP or IMAP?
Correct. How do I check POP or IMAP please?

Edit, I've just seen IMAP. And I've just Googled, I have multiple clients, 2 for me and the wife.

Last edited:
Correct. How do I check POP or IMAP please?
Mail->Preferences->Accounts. In the left column is should say.

POP actually downloads messages from the server to your device.

IMAP just displays messages from the server on your device, which also means that if your move or delete any message this should be replicated when viewing the messages in gmail.

According to Google, multiple accounts aren't supported. POP only works for a single PC, I have three.
IMAC or POP.jpg

According to Google, multiple accounts aren't supported. POP only works for a single PC, I have three.
View attachment 339754
I wasn't suggesting you use POP but if you were it could have explained why the emails were being moved on your local device but not on the server (ie gmail).

I would try removing the email account from Apple Mail and start again.

Many thanks indeed Elliot :)

Back