Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
We aint supposed to do politics on here so this has no slant other than please don't forget to go and vote today :)

Don't care who you vote for or even if you just spoil the ballot - just go and vote :D

We aint supposed to do politics on here so this has no slant other than please don't forget to go and vote today :)

Don't care who you vote for or even if you just spoil the ballot - just go and vote :D

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Yup, done mine at 8 this morning.

I haven't received my polling card (no idea why - had one last year) - can I still vote?

Seen a few people saying the same on Twitter this morning. You dont need one in the UK I dont think. Might need some form of ID though.

I haven't received my polling card (no idea why - had one last year) - can I still vote?

As long as you're on the electoral register, yes. Just turn up and give them your name and address and some proof of identity and/or address (y)

Yes you can, just give them your name and address and it might be an idea to take some ID with your name and address on it.

I really dont understand why we are voting... Yes to Audio Visual or No to Audio Visual. Will either bring the cost of equipment down?

I voted 'NO' as my first choice and 'YES' as my second choice :D

Can someone tell me why this thread has been allowed? What if Tom's OP had instead read:

"We aint supposed to do religion on here so this has no slant other than please don't forget to go and pray today

Don't care who you pray for or even if you just spoil the prayer - just go and pray"

Anyone care to enlighten me? :shrug:

Last edited:
No the reason we ask for people not to discuss politics is because many people can't act civilly and like grown ups, instead restorting to tantrums, dummy throwing and name calling with "My party is better than your party" or "Tony Blair killed my family and ate my children because he took 50 pence off my mum's pension".
This isn't about a particular party...It's a reminder for people to vote.

If he'd have said go and pray I'd have slapped him with a glove because god doesn't exist. :D

Just for the record I also wouldn't have used that navy blue font....way too hard to read on the black theme.

If he'd have said go and pray I'd have slapped him with a glove because god doesn't exist. :D

No, just no. How can Ken be a figment of my imagination?:eek:

This isn't about a particular party...It's a reminder for people to vote.

Yep, I understand and concur with the point you make Marcel, but it's still politics...

Just for the record I also wouldn't have used that navy blue font....way too hard to read on the black theme.

I use a white theme Tom, so it looked fine to me. However, I've removed the font colour change from it now. Thanks for the tip off :)

Can someone tell me why this thread has been allowed? What if Tom's OP had instead read:

"We aint supposed to do religion on here so this has no slant other than please don't forget to go and pray today

Don't care who you pray for or even if you just spoil the prayer - just go and pray"

Anyone care to enlighten me? :shrug:

Naturally I can't speak for the admins, but you don't understand the difference between prayer and a referrendum on the voting system?

The imprecation to prayer is wrong as it expresses a religious opinion (in that there is a supreme being or beings and that some form of religious faith and active observance of such is 'correct')

An imprecation to vote does not express an opinion on who or what to vote for. The only thing it expresses an opinion about is the importance of democracy to society.

Now even so, this could of course be said to be arguing a political opinion, in that democracy is preferrable to dictatorship. So perhaps the admins will lock this topic if they feel they don't want such opinions expressed here because they are too contentious.

If the OP had written "vote for AV" (or against) I would have expected it to be locked / deleted.

Have to agree with the OP please go and vote.
Don't see how this is political.
After all he is not saying vote for the pink/move/ aubergine party.

Nail. Hammer. Head. There is a big difference.
He's not arguing political opinion. That's when they go downhill.

Oh FFS hepburn does it really matter?

Why would you think you deserve an explanation. The mods and admin don't have to explain anything to anyone about anything if they don't want to. It is after all their forum and their rules.

I think a nice reminder for folk who may not have remembered to pop down to the local polling station and vote not for a party, but for the way candidates/parties are chosen in future, can only be a good thing.

A vote for human government is a waste of a vote - vote for God ... there you are political and religious all in one thread :D

Naturally I can't speak for the admins, but you don't understand the difference between prayer and a referrendum on the voting system? [snip]

Such an evocative use of words, likening prayer to a curse... I would agree with your response but then we'd both be wrong.

Don't see how this is political.

The OP was urging people to participate in a political voting system. Is that not political?

oof.jpg

Nail. Hammer. Head. There is a big difference.
He's not arguing political opinion. That's when they go downhill.

So posts 12, 13, & 16 were OK too?

Oh FFS hepburn does it really matter?

No more than churlish acronyms bypassing the swear filter do ;)

A vote for human government is a waste of a vote - vote for God ... there you are political and religious all in one thread :D

:LOL: 'nuff said.

I didn't post to create a stir, merely to find out why a political post was allowed. Marcel has given an answer, not one i entirely agree with, but that's life. Move on folks...

Last edited:
What are you voting for south of the border? Is it a local election? It's a biggie up here. :)

Yes everyone go and vote there is no reason not to!

Oh and can we have a vote to oust all the miserable complainers as well?

NEEEE NAWWWWW NEEEE NAWWWWW

Officer Hepburn of the TPPD here to serve, protect and ENFORCE THE RULES*!

*Even if a rule hasn't actually been broken.

:D ;)

/Dons flame suit

Last edited:
I didn't post to create a stir, merely to find out why a political post was allowed. Marcel has given an answer, not one i entirely agree with, but that's life. Move on folks...

I reckon the owners/admins can do whatever they like on their own forums. Nothing like paying out your own hard cash to be criticised by a nobody on the internet!

now now Woodsy, Heppers has a thickskin, but please dont be rude..

Please forgive the appearance of my post, it was in no way meant to be rude or insulting. If that is how it came across, I apologise. Childish... yes perhaps. But no more childish than needing to comment on something that, in reality, does not matter in the slightest, especially in conjunction with not actually having a valid point to make anyway, as this is in no way a political thread. That's all :) If anything it was intended to be jovial. Certainly not insulting.

And anyway... can we have a TPPD? Pretty please? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back