Godox AD200

IMHO it's a solution looking for a problem, but I suppose for users of the system it'll fit in somewhere if the price is right.

It's closer to a speedlight than a strobe, without the versatility of a speedlight.
Not powerful enough to make it a necessary upgrade from a speedlight, not small and cheap enough to make it a great alternative to an AD360 or AD600.

Like I say though, for someone with a full Godox system it could fill a hole, but for me it falls between stools

But a useful replacement to the AD180? Do you know the price as I haven't read it anywhere?

I'm tempted to look at this instead of the AD360ii as I'd rather have the battery all in one with the unit. I only wrote off the AD180 due to no HSS/TTL

The problem is will it be powerful enough for what I want?!

I'm guesssing it'll be £300 ish when it comes to market.

As of now, Godox are saying that the price will be announced 'soon'.

Just saw this too, I think it will be amazing if priced right. With the optional heads will be a perfect addition to an ad600 to offer bare bulb to fill modifiers or speed head for easy gelling and gridded accents.

I think it looks excellent for "strobist" type work. And as a small but fairly powerful flash you could place about anywhere. But I doubt I'll be getting one.

Last edited:
I can see that working (y)

It seems to be pitched at the speedlight end, so it's got to compete on size and weight and cost in that sector, all of which are unknown, but as it looks kinda speedlighty size and given Godox's record on pricing, it could be very good :)

Once again, Godox seems to be the brand most in tune with photographers needs...

ps 400Ws please :D

Last edited:
I like that, very portable will be great for traveling when shooting boudoir etc abroad.

I can see that working (y)

It seems to be pitched at the speedlight end, so it's got to compete on size and weight and cost in that sector, all of which are unknown, but as it looks kinda speedlighty size and given Godox's record on pricing, it could be very good :)

Once again, Godox seems to be the brand most in tune with photographers needs...

ps 400Ws please :D

400Ws one would be just the ticket

So it's the same power as a tt600 and 4 x the price, like the concept but i am missing something?

So it's the same power as a tt600 and 4 x the price, like the concept but i am missing something?

Good example of how misleading guide numbers can be. AD200 will be around twice the total brightness.

Good example of how misleading guide numbers can be. AD200 will be around twice the total brightness.
Maybe we are just spoilt for price in the normal speedlight and simple studio-light department, but if $350 turns into £350 (with VAT and other duties) this feels quite expensive.

I was searching for AD200 that's why I didn't find it.

Ah ;) Link is on the original FlashHavoc page.

The Adorama price looks a bit high, but that's the opening bid on their FlashPoint branded version. After the initial rush, I suspect that Godox will have no trouble bringing the price in line with whatever it needs to sell.

Ah ;) Link is on the original FlashHavoc page.

The Adorama price looks a bit high, but that's the opening bid on their FlashPoint branded version. After the initial rush, I suspect that Godox will have no trouble bringing the price in line with whatever it needs to sell.
Adorama tends to overprice their Flashpoint rebrands as they are the only official US supplier of (rebranded) Godox products... they worked some kind of exclusivity deal. But it doesn't take long for people to figure out the game...

I think the price point will make them strong competition for OCF speedlights, but kind of a tough choice against an AD360.

Last edited:
I'm hoping there will be some scope for movement in price, the adorama set comes with both heads, accessories such as barn doors, gels etc and warranty, I'm hoping they'll release an own brand pack with just the fresnel speedlight style head and as cheap as possible.

It's getting better :)

Price of the Adorama Flashpoint eVOLV 200 bundle has come down a bit to $330 - actually not bad when you factor in all the bits https://www.adorama.com/fplfev200.html?utm_source=rflaid68302 Dimsensions and weight now in the specs - same size as a top speedlight, plus the head so quite a bit longer, weight with battery and bare bulb head 930g, compared to a decent speedlight at 550g-ish with batts.

Funnily enough, I was just thinking how easy it would be to velcro two together and now there's news of a twin mounting bracket coming soon. I like this idea, and often gang 2/3/4 speedlights for more power. And it works very well, but it's such a faff cobbling them all together with triggers and fitting to a stand with softbox etc - PITA frankly, they're just not designed for that. This could transform things and introduce a new way of easy modular working according to need (y)

Reactions: TG.
Would be nice to know when this is gonna drop, could be in a position to purchase soon (even though I can't make up my mind between 200/360/600!)

Would be nice to know when this is gonna drop, could be in a position to purchase soon (even though I can't make up my mind between 200/360/600!)

My understanding is that samples will hit reviewers and Major dealers in about a month, so it is going to be a while yet.

MIke
In time for the Photography Show :)

Good spot, but yeah £330 seems pricey

Not really IMHO, Godox updated the AD360 to the AD360II which included TTL and integrated X1 trigger system. The AD200 in my mind is the upgrade and replacement for this https://www.lencarta.com/atom-180-battery-location-flash i.e. TTL and intgrated trigger included but you also get the switchable head and some versions include the barn door attachments and gels. Powerwise it is expected to be about twice as powerful as many on camera flashes which with Branded guns will be about the same price for half the power. May not be the solution for everybody but will be interesting to see when it appears>

MIke

Not really IMHO, Godox updated the AD360 to the AD360II which included TTL and integrated X1 trigger system. The AD200 in my mind is the upgrade and replacement for this https://www.lencarta.com/atom-180-battery-location-flash i.e. TTL and intgrated trigger included but you also get the switchable head and some versions include the barn door attachments and gels. Powerwise it is expected to be about twice as powerful as many on camera flashes which with Branded guns will be about the same price for half the power. May not be the solution for everybody but will be interesting to see when it appears>

MIke

I get your point Mike, and maybe I'm being tight, I'm interested either way, it seems a perfect fit for wedding/event photographers.

On the Flashhavoc site they have just said the following;

An early sample AD200 just arrived from Godox!
icon_smile.gif

Bare Bulb with the standard reflector – I’m getting the same reading as the AD360II.

Bare Bulb in a 38″ Glow ParaPop (double diffused) – 0.3 stops less than the AD360II.

Fresnel Head in the 38″ Glow ParaPop – 0.1 stops more than the AD360II.

Fresnel head bare compared to Speedlites –

1.3 stops more than the Canon 600EX-RT @ 35mm
1.7 stops more than the Godox V860II-C @ 35mm

Fresnel head in Glow ParaPop 38″ (double diffused) –

1.1 stops more than the Canon 600EX-RT @ 35mm
1.3 stops more than the Godox V860II-C @ 35mm

The size is almost the same as a Canon 600EX-RT stretched out including the hotshoe.

Weight with battery and Fresnel head is 875 grams. Vs 530g for the 600EX-RT, or 1550g for the AD360II full set up.

Definitely a game changer for people looking to travel compact!

So you're saying it's the same power as a 360ii?

There's also a manual for it floating around on the web I think

Back