Going Digital

I guess it depends on what your current level of expertise is, or is likely to be by the time the course comes around. Reading your camera's manual so you fully understand it, and some browsing round these forums and the web, together with some 'getting out and shooting' will probably give you as much as one of these courses. You can then spend the money on gear :D There is also plenty of advice here if you get stuck.

I'm a complete novice! I just have a love for photography but have only ever used a compact. Hopefully getting my first DSLR soon so would like to know what to do with it! ;)

I have seen a similar course at the Botanical Gardens in Birmingham which is £50 for 10weeks (one day a week) not sure which one too go with and whether there is much difference between the two

http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-course...course_details/16180339/0/w/12457088/page.htm

Any ideas?

:love:

I went on the 2 basic courses with going digital in London and they were very good. Decent teaching, the groups were not too big and there was good feedback. Great for beginners and getting back into photography. I can't guarantee that the course will be as good in other areas though.

I've been on one of these courses - a birds of prey day and am going to West Midlands Safari park in April. Found the first one good. I'm a novice too, so every bit of advice is a bonus!
Caroline

I'm biased because we have a connection with them, but the courses are quite good (at least the ones I have seen) but are aimed at a fairly basic level (again what I have seen) there are more advanced course but I can't speak for those from personal experience.

I'm biased because we have a connection with them, but the courses are quite good (at least the ones I have seen) but are aimed at a fairly basic level (again what I have seen) there are more advanced course but I can't speak for those from personal experience.

That's good, as I am basic level! hehe

I did the intro to dslr one a while back with Danielle Brooks. I thought it was very good :)

Back