Going to Centre Parcs , What Bait ?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Spending next weekend at C.P at Elveden with the camera (and the family :() , has anybody got any recommendations on bait that will keep the wildlife (various birds / squiggles / deer / bunnies-sans-pancakes etc) occupied while I snap away :). The wife won't let me use glue / fishhooks , she says it's cheating :nono:

digestive biscuits work for the robin in my mum's garden and they have the added advantage of being a nice snack whilst you are waiting for the animals to come to you ;)

Brut! Yuk.....eugh....erm sorry if it's your fave but I mean Brut??? Mind you I did used to wear it when I was a skinhead lol

Marianne said:
Brut! Yuk.....eugh....erm sorry if it's your fave but I mean Brut??? Mind you I did used to wear it when I was a skinhead lol

TTIUWP!!!!!

C'mon, if it's good enough for 'the coop' then it's good enough for me.

Seriously though, normally Armani Mania or Issey Miyake for me.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Mr Gubby!

Dandelions and proprietary rabbit feed for the bunnies. Deer? I think you'll be lucky unless they have no sense of smell or are VERY tame.

As for birds, I'd go for some live worms and the usual nuts and seeds. I'm sure Ven will be able to give you more species specific advice!

I am seriously into Issy Miyake.... L'eau d'Issy to be exact but that has nothing to do with animal bait...or has it???

I was going to say some mealworms but I don't think your wife would like that in the suitcase somehow!

Gandhi said:
*snip*
Deer? I think you'll be lucky unless they have no sense of smell or are VERY tame.

I'm not the one who wears Brut........

:LOL:

Peanuts will be good for loadsa stuff ... birds, squidgers, badgers and even deer if you get near enough, or are patient enough.

For the birds I would crunch them up quite a bit to entice the widest range of species, and add some sunflower, preferably hearts for the seedies.

Mealworms will attract Robins, wrens if you are lucky and blackbirds/thrushes etc.,

HTH ... ?

:p

Thanks for the replies/tips all , will take a few bags of stuff & see what I can tempt.

Expect a thread on Monday night with various species in snapshot/blurred poses :bonk:

monkeynuts for sure!

Back