Golden Doodles

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

Just wanted some constructive criticism on my photos of my girlfriends dogs, I'm normally taking pictures of blokes riding motorcycles, but as spectators aren't allowed currently, I thought these two furry creatures would satisfy my photography needs. I'm looking for that 'bokeh' style, and I like to think for a first effort my results are quite decent.

These photos were all taken using my Canon 7D, along with the standard 18-55mm lens it came with. I'm currently waiting for a 50mm 1.8 to be delivered, so looking forward to using that.

Sally (the dark one) and Jinkson (the light one) are brother and sister golden doodles. Their personalities are so different, and hopefully this comes out in my photographs. Sally is a bundle of energy, usually found with a ball in her mouth on walkies. Jinkson is all about the lazy life, but can be bribed to pose with a treat, or two...or three.

Thanks for reading and looking.

Sall 2 by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

Sally 1 by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

Jinkson 1 by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

Jinkson 2 by Sam Edwards, on Flickr

Lovely pooches , 1 and 2 for me . I wouldn`t shoot with too wide an aperture , and if you do you need to keep the eyes sharp , I don`t photograph Dogs as often as I would like , but I would think a longer fast lens maybe something like a 70-200 F4 or 2.8 would be a choice lens . The DOF looks spot on in image 2 in my opinion . They all nice pics .

Back