Golden eagle

grumpybadger

Alan Rickman
Name
Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying to catch up on my back catalogue of processing for the year to date. This is a wild golden eagle taken on a trip to Norway I led in January.

EOS-7D, EF 500 f/4L IS, tripod, Acratech long lens head, hide

Its deliberately quite tight in the frame. Most shots were taken on the full frame 1Ds but I used the crop factor of the 7D to go for some tighter portraits (and have a play with video). One interesting thing I've found is that the RAW files from 7D seem to have a higher saturation than the 1Ds.

Thanks for looking

Paul

Last edited:
Now that is a top notch shot, I love everything about it !!:clap::clap:

Nice one Paul - lovely tones.

Stunning. Great colour against the snowy bg.

Andy

Again, great shot - remember you were getting set for tis tripp, must have been fantastic to see them wild and free

Fantastic shot....captive shots are great when done properly but there is so much more satisfaction when the bird is wild......well done (y)

I'm going to have to find myself on one of these trips one day.

lovely shot paul, wish i could get to some of the places you manage to get to (y)

Superb shot, stunning well done finding a wild one too
Pete

Thanks all. Whilst the photo is all mine, I can't take credit for finding the bird or baiting it. That was done by Ole Martin Dahle, Norway's resident eagle expert...

Nice one, Paul.

Congrats to you and the shiny-new Mrs Badger! :clap:

Great shot mate if you do decide to get up another trip in 2011 and you have spaces do you think you could put up with me tagging along
Regards
Richard

Back