Wild Golden Eagle

Fabulous ;)

Wow, magnificient. As Gav says, 1/60th is slow but it has worked, both for being sharp and also, streaking the snow. (y)

"Excellent" wildlife style capture Constantin, and very well presented.

Handsome bird, Constantin. I would perhaps consider brightening it up a little in post. 1/60th is a good speed for this shot because of the rain/sleet.

Handsome bird, Constantin. I would perhaps consider brightening it up a little in post. 1/60th is a good speed for this shot because of the rain/sleet.
Thank you! I thought about it too, but I'm afraid it might looks unnatural.

Wow, magnificient. As Gav says, 1/60th is slow but it has worked, both for being sharp and also, streaking the snow. (y)Thanks
Thanks Bo! The lens have great stabilization. These new technologies are amazing.

The lens have great stabilization.

Yep, I've noticed this recently, I use an adapted 100-400L Mk2 and also a Sigma 150-600C on an R7. With stabilisation on, the results handheld can be incredible. I still prefer working with a tripod from a hide or whatever but when I'm walkabout, IS is on, in camera and on the lens. I forget the exact figure but overall, it's something like 7 stops.

Thank you Jeremy! The place is Bulgaria, Madjarovo. It is written in the description of the photo in Flickr. The hide is professional and was built with the cooperation of environmental organizations. The site is used to feed endangered species and the birds are quite accustomed to it. There is no human activity during the day.

Your name reminds me of a certain Roman Emperor ;)

Well captured in the conditions and restrictions on camera settings. Maybe take some room out the left side and plase on the right more space for the Eagle to look into.
Just a little to central for me.

Your Flickr images are quality.

Attachments

• Constantin EAGLE TP edit.jpg
    Constantin EAGLE TP edit.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Good job Paul! I like it! Although the ratio is different.
No problem Constantin and thanks for posting. This is one of my favourite raptors and managed to get a few images from Norway in early Feb 22.

Regards

Paul

Back