Golf Club Lounge

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

In a idyllic location, this golf club has seen too many senior members
pass away in the last three years and wish to produce an A4 / 8 pages
publication to attract new members — mainly from the corporate and
professional sectors.

Beside the well known takes on drive, traps, and greens positions, and
usual but splendid environmental shots, the buildings themselves were
quite attractive. Here, an inside view of the club's lounge…

Golf%20Lounge%20008.jpg

-

Looks a decent lounge ... are you happy with the distortion?

are you happy with the distortion?

I took this shot with a 14 mm ƒ2.8 as well as a 3 shot stitch pano
with the PC 24mm. I was surely happy with the later but the mana-
ger says the details are too small… and, to be big enough, the take
would occupy too much room in the final version of the A4.

The full 14mm frame was preferred over the keystone corrected
version… "It's too tight!" he said. The client is not always right but
surely has the last word.

Golf%20Lounge%20008%201.jpg

The client is not always right but
surely has the last word.

Indeed ... sure looks wrong with so many distorted lines, I think I would have tried to get the 'Specials' board even. :)

I think I would have tried to get the 'Specials' board even

It is not facing the camera, Roger, but is at an fair angle
exaggerated by the very wide lens.

Taking photos like this just ain't easy, I know where I used to live next door was a golf club wanting me to take the same type of photos. Wide angle lens gives distortion- stitching is not that much better either. To be honest I can't think of anyway to get such a photo as the eye sees it. The eye takes in sections and blends them together so a room looks "normal", A camera can't do this as well, yet clients expect it. I guess the only answer is to photograph individual areas such as the bar and another for tables etc.

Kodiak I think has done well under the circumstances, unfortunately the client obviously is not a photographer and doesn't understand.

Last edited:
Taking photos like this just ain't easy, I know where I used to live next door was a golf club wanting me to take the same type of photos. Wide angle lens gives distortion- stitching is not that much better either. To be honest I can't think of anyway to get such a photo as the eye sees it. The eye takes in sections and blends them together so a room looks "normal", A camera can't do this as well, yet clients expect it. I guess the only answer is to photograph individual areas such as the bar and another for tables.

Kodiak I think has done well under the circumstances, unfortunately the client obviously is not a photographer and doesn't understand.

I'd agree, a 3 x 2 stiched pano (PC24) might have given the required aspect ratio and field of view for the client, but at the end of the day it's the clients choice. Personally I don't like the chopped barman (for me all in or out) and I'm also not a fan of the reflections in the left hand window, I just find them weirdly distracting!! (but they are things that probably don't bother the client)

I did ask when I did one and came up with the same problem for the client to be more specific in areas he wanted photographed. Possible explaining a web page/brochure may even look better with 2/3 photos of an area like that than all crammed into one picture

I don't like the chopped barman (for me all in or out)

That is the manager… though I asked him to move out of the frame,
he thought he was standing out of the image but the power of wide
wide angles lenses took him by surprise…:D:D:D
I'm also not a fan of the reflections in the left hand window, I just find them weirdly distracting!! (but they are things that probably don't bother the client)

I agree with that for sure. I still got a card up my sleeve: time. I hope
he will change is mind and let me do my work. :cool:

Back